Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 76 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

All good, and Jesus, talk about slop. That's some bloody mud! Great X and great photo's mate.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Athens, but actually not until March 20th (going back to FL for the week), but then I should be around until May. I think Benning is pretty far away though - isn't it?

yea about 3 hrs away but im from newnan

Yeah you're prob right haha.

I'm going a write up on how to put an Aussie locker into the 2002-2005 Explorer rear axles (requires some modification) here soon so keep your eyes open for that. Only one other guy I know of on this forum is running it and he loves it so I am looking forward to putting it in.

Yeah been seeing the Aussie locker pics/talk running around the forum. Can't wait to see your write up.

yea about 3 hrs away but im from newnan

Ok, I had to google that (I don't know hardly anything about GA), but we could maybe try to meet mid-way somewhere if there was a good spot. I might be going to Gulches around April 2nd with some Jeep people, I dunno though, my schedule changes on the fly and such.
Here's a link. But Gulches would be a pretty big drive for you, and I think they want to meet there at 7am.

Finally got around to swapping my interior
went from grey cloth to black leather out of a 2004 mounty
Before:
IMAG0053.jpg

IMAG0055.jpg

IMAG0060.jpg

After:
IMAG0070.jpg

IMAG0077.jpg

IMAG0082.jpg

thought id swap my gauge cluster faceplate with the mounty one too
IMAG0105-1.jpg

Nice mate, real nice.:thumbsup::thumbsup: The black leather look's sweet with the blue leds.

Outstanding! I really like the gauges. You only changed the faceplate? Are the needles difficult to see in the daytime?

Outstanding! I really like the gauges. You only changed the faceplate? Are the needles difficult to see in the daytime?

yes, i only changed the white backing. i took apart my gauges and the mounty gauges, peeled off the white mounty faceplate (it was glued to the gauge cluster) then peeled off my black ex faceplate (glued also) and swapped them. i tryed swapping the needles too but they didnt fit. the white needles are surprisingly easy to see in sunlight

Had some more fun in the mud the other day. Didn't get stuck this time! and thought I'd throw in a pic to remember the long lost snow

20110312095409.jpg

20110312095357.jpg

20110108141651-1.jpg

Wicked rig and photo's mate. I need a lift too, but at least we don't need to hitchhike :):thumbsup:

I saw this today and it made me smile when I saw it. I had to pull over to take a picture. :)

03-13-11_1322.jpg

The driver was actually speeding a little bit, and accelerated fast from the intersection in the photo. It had the original factory 1.5" trailer hitch with a full size hitch bolted directly below that was in use. So it did not have the towing package.

It still sit's nice and level (the X)! Someone should send that pic to the UHaul head office.

Ok, I had to google that (I don't know hardly anything about GA), but we could maybe try to meet mid-way somewhere if there was a good spot. I might be going to Gulches around April 2nd with some Jeep people, I dunno though, my schedule changes on the fly and such.
Here's a link. But Gulches would be a pretty big drive for you, and I think they want to meet there at 7am.

7 am ... yeah thats a pretty long drive ... but i would love to go ... never been wheeling with more than 1 or 2 people

Sleb, dang nice ride! I love the tail lights. So what size tires are those.

STU

sleb where did you get your lights? love em bro ... and whats up with the last pic? lol awesome

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sleb where did you get your lights? love em bro ... and whats up with the last pic? lol awesome

The lights are the KC slimlites part # 124. I love the stance of your truck with the spacers, hows the ride now? Is it very different? I would think it would be quite a bit stiffer. I'm thinking about the BTF's but I'm worried about the ball joints and struts, how do they look? whats the angles like?.....It does look bloody good though.

Back