• Register Today It's free!

K Covers

islandtrader

Reaction score
City, State
sw fla
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 xlt
Does anyone have this cover?? If so...plus's and negatives.

Thanks,

K-Covers Tonneau Covers is proud to introduce our newest addition to our family of covers – A “Drill-Less” Cover for the entire line of Ford Explorer Sport Tracs!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I liked my factory tonneau, used the truck key to lock and unlock. Used existing holes already in the bed walls.

I hope this isn't the way the back looks, that looks kind of hokey...

DSJRearLatchLockTopCloseup.jpg

I am planning on ordering one in the next couple of weeks. I have been researching covers for a while and have settled between this one and the back flip. I am leaning more toward the K cover. I have talked to them on the phone and every question was answered. The only question I forgot to ask was.....if you can open the tail gate without unlocking/upping the cover. My '05 Sport trac had the OEM cover and you could down/up the tail gate without opening the cover. I hope I am not making a $750 mistake. I loved my cover on my '05, but my newsed '07 Sport Trac limited did not come with a cover. Good luck on you selection, but I am going to pull the trigger very soon.

i heard the bakflip is good since you can fold it all the way up vertically on the back window and it locks up the pickup area. dont noe to much about k covers. im lookin to get one soon as well

What I see different between the bakflip and k covers is this.

On the K Cover you can access the front or back of the bed. You only get 75 % access to the full bed.

The bakflip allows you to access 100 % of the bed.

The way I use my Sport Trac I like the K Cover better.

Still waiting to hear if anyone actually has either cover.

I have an Undercover cover on my 07, and like it alot. You can remove in in 5min, and re-install in about 10, weighs less than 50 lbs, made of abs plastic and locks. you do have to raise the cover to drop the tailgate, but not an issue for me.

I checked the Under Cover out, and it looks good, except for my purpose the solid one piece cover won't work.

Well I ordered the K Cover last Friday. It should come in by the end of the week. I will take some pics after the install. I hope it is everything I think it is going to be.

Please do...I was waiting for my credit card to lighten up and then order. So your input will carry a lot of weight with me.

Hopefully it will be everything you wanted.

The K-Cover is in....I will install in the morning.

Pictures also...let us know if it goes on as easy as the company says.

i saw a truxedo cover...its soft though but has tension springs on the front to keep it tight at all times.....was lookin into that one...... and its a little cheaper

http://www.truxedo.com/lopro/land.php

K-cover install

Pictures also...let us know if it goes on as easy as the company says.

I have the pics, but have to do some reading to see how to post them. Hopefully will have them up soon. The install was simple; I was finished in less than 45 minutes (that was taking my time).

OK let's see if I got this picture thing figured out. Here we go:

Hardware.jpg

Packing.jpg

L_brackets.jpg

R_brackets.jpg

kCover.jpg

Sideview.jpg

Hopefully this works.....The cover is great so far.....install was easy....construction looks solid. Time will tell...

Looks good...glad to see installation was easy. Have you had it up to highway speed? Any different wind noise or ??

Thanks for posting.

This truck is my daily driver and have been on the interstate since the install, but I did not have wind noise prior to the cover (that I noticed). I bought the cover for a couple of reasons.....1. I like the looks....2. I like to be able to put stuff in the back and not worry about rain (I live in the deep south...thunderstorms). To me the cover just completes the looks of the truck. If I used the truck for utility work or something else I probably would not have a cover; I use my old 1991 Z71 4X4 for that application.

:thumbsup: Looks good

I have the same cover on mine and love it. It looks pretty cheap with that bare latch sticking out but it's tough and doesn't leak here in Florida that's all that matters to me!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the same cover on mine and love it. It looks pretty cheap with that bare latch sticking out but it's tough and doesn't leak here in Florida that's all that matters to me!

They changed the latch. Mine does not have a latch exposed. The new style cover has the lock/latch under the rubber covers. You lift the rubber cover and it has a twist grip to open. It is actually a clean set up. I am please so far, but have not been in the rain yet to check for leaks. I am glad you have not had any....that sounds good.

Back