Any Japanese Parts Content in Explorers? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Any Japanese Parts Content in Explorers?

esandye

Reaction score
City, State
Oklahoma City
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator
Many of the recent business headlines have to do with interrupted manufacturing of products with Japanese parts. Does anyone know if Ford uses many made in Japan items. Electronics seem to be the big thing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sony provides sound system for the Ex.

Edited to add that a lot of small electronic components used in other electronic devices come out of Japan. Because they are small and lightweight, they are typically air shipped. Because of that, there isn't a huge stockpile here.

I know NAND chip supplies are being disrupted. I'm not sure how many/if the Explorer uses in its on board computer but a lot of computers use those chips.

Craig stated on facebook that it's not being interrupted.

And, I was told my Ex would be here last week.... then on the 20th... :D

Hey all,

I was just made aware of the following information:

Due to a supplier disruption of a metallic paint pigment used by the automotive industry caused by the earthquake and tsunami in Japan, Ford will restrict scheduling of several colors until paint is exhausted on select vehicle lines for the 2011 model year, including the Explorer. The paint colors affected are Tuxedo Black, Red Candy, Royal Red, and Red Fire. Final production of these colors is expected in mid-April and alternative replacement colors are under investigation.

If you have a vehicle on order with a dealership, please keep in touch with the sales department who can provide more information about the status of your order.

Seni

Ok, so is Bordeaux Red included in the red list? I know it isn't in the post from seni, but I want to make sure.... My build week is 4/4, and I can't see the window sticker yet, but I wasn't expecting to until 4/1 at the earliest. I had heard that Bordeaux was on the limited colors a week or so ago...

Back