Delivery Times!!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Seni is probably your best bet. (FordCustSvc)

I would PM there...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just got my window sticker. Cool!!!! On a different thread they said look for the numbers upper left starting with 12011. Ignore the 1. 2011 is the year. My says120110323. Build date March 23rd. But that date can get delayed. There are other dates bottom left. Wish i knew what they meant. The dealer originally said a build date of March 21st. Can anyone give me the lowdown on all the info on the sticker?

Dealer said 3/21 because Ford's system tells them the week (always a Monday date), not the day. The sticker is the day it will be built, if there is a delay, the sticker will change to show the new date.

Joe_Dirt and others awaiting shipment of their Explorers,

I can understand your frustration and appreciate you giving us an opportunity to enhance our customer relations by posting above. Please know that everyone at Ford, that needs to know of our customer’s sentiments, have been made aware. Be assured that we are doing everything possible to get your Explorers to you.

As you may know, we don’t make money until you receive your vehicle; therefore, we have every incentive to get you your Explorer as soon as we can, but not at the expense of quality. For this reason, when we quote status’, we always remind customers that the date is subject to change. Dates can change for a multitude of reasons, vehicle assembly and delivery is a very complex process.

I wish I could provide more information about the delays, but I am limited to what is in my system. Thank you for understanding and continuing to be patient. Please continue to stay in contact with me via PM or you may choose to contact your dealer as they can track your order as well.

Kind regards,
Seni

Joe_Dirt and others awaiting shipment of their Explorers,

I can understand your frustration and appreciate you giving us an opportunity to enhance our customer relations by posting above. Please know that everyone at Ford, that needs to know of our customer’s sentiments, have been made aware. Be assured that we are doing everything possible to get your Explorers to you.

As you may know, we don’t make money until you receive your vehicle; therefore, we have every incentive to get you your Explorer as soon as we can, but not at the expense of quality. For this reason, when we quote status’, we always remind customers that the date is subject to change. Dates can change for a multitude of reasons, vehicle assembly and delivery is a very complex process.

I wish I could provide more information about the delays, but I am limited to what is in my system. Thank you for understanding and continuing to be patient. Please continue to stay in contact with me via PM or you may choose to contact your dealer as they can track your order as well.

Kind regards,
Seni

Seni; Ordered mine Feb. 19th. (limited 4x4 301a) DORA processed on March4th. Got window sticker with a build date of March 23rd. 32 days from order to build. Seems great to me. Dealer originally told me 8 weeks! Dealer said they cannot order for stock. Only sold orders until back log gone. Dealer said delivery in about a week(Delaware). By the posts here seems like it will be alot longer. I'll PM you this with my VIN #. Can you tell me when or if it shipped?
Thanks, GWA1

Seni; Ordered mine Feb. 19th. (limited 4x4 301a) DORA processed on March4th. Got window sticker with a build date of March 23rd. 32 days from order to build. Seems great to me. Dealer originally told me 8 weeks! Dealer said they cannot order for stock. Only sold orders until back log gone. Dealer said delivery in about a week(Delaware). By the posts here seems like it will be alot longer. I'll PM you this with my VIN #. Can you tell me when or if it shipped?
Thanks, GWA1

GWA1,

Please check your PMs, I have replied to your post. Thank you.

Seni

Seni said...GWA1,

Hey! I can confirm that your Explorer has been built and is currently awaiting shipment. There is no ETA scheduled as of right now. Feel free to check back Friday or Monday to confirm that it went into "in transit" status. Thank you.

Seni

Ordered mine Feb. 19th. (limited 4x4 301a) DORA processed on March4th. Dealer said build date would be March 21st with delivery about a week later. Can I track or find out about my vehicle without bugging dealer?

GWA1,

As you already experienced today, you are more than welcome to check with me weekly for status updates!

Seni

Thanks Seni. I've seen on posts some say your male, others say female... Well?

Just talked to wifey. Yes! After 31 years we still talk once in awhile. LOL Mentioned Explorer built 03/23. But still sitting in Chicago. My wife tracks railcars for her company and she is seeing many delays and lost railcars in Chicago area and midwest.
Would like to fault Ford for shipping delays but it's the railroads.

Thanks Seni. I've seen on posts some say your male, others say female... Well?

I read one of Seni post where "she" referred to herself as a girl.

Love it Seni, you are the best:)

Ma Lady

Hey all,

I hope the color choice of my font helps clarify that I am in fact female!

"I am woman, hear me roar!" <<< Always wanted to post this, thanks for the opportunity!

Lady Seni :D

We kneel to thee, Ma Lady!

svg-editor.html

Hey all,

I hope the color choice of my font helps clarify that I am in fact female!

"I am woman, hear me roar!" <<< Always wanted to post this, thanks for the opportunity!

Lady Seni :D

Lady Seni, Your welcome! Glad to see your having fun (I mean roaring).
NOW!!! Where's my Explorer??? Just kidding. You go girl!!
Man GWA1

Hey everyone, there is hope for all of you "awaiting shipment". My limited with 302a package was built Feb 9 and has been awaiting shipment ever since. As of yesterday Ford said the car was at Chicago with no ETA. and "Awaiting shipment". So today the dealer calls and says the car is here and I can pick it up at 6:00.

Hey everyone, there is hope for all of you "awaiting shipment". My limited with 302a package was built Feb 9 and has been awaiting shipment ever since. As of yesterday Ford said the car was at Chicago with no ETA. and "Awaiting shipment". So today the dealer calls and says the car is here and I can pick it up at 6:00.

This gives me hope!!! I called the 1-800 number today and they said it's "Awaiting Shipment" and the ETA is March 30. I laughed when she suggested I call my dealer to see if it's there since in the same sentence she had said it was awaiting shipment but after reading this, I guess it's possible!!! Would be such a great way for our family to kick off spring break...with a new car!!!

Who said complaints get you nowhere? One day after complaining that we don't know where our Ex is, the dealer calls tonight and says "its here, its prepped, its waiting for you." Yay. My wife is finally happy. Oh man I hope no one backs into it in the dealer back lot....

Pictures tomorrow.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Who said complaints get you nowhere? One day after complaining that we don't know where our Ex is, the dealer calls tonight and says "its here, its prepped, its waiting for you." Yay. My wife is finally happy. Oh man I hope no one backs into it in the dealer back lot....

Pictures tomorrow.

when did you order? when was your built?

Back