Moab 2011 - May 21 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2011 - May 21

Moab Date - May 14th or the 21st 2011??

• May 14 2011

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Well, I took the time off for Moab when we all did our vacation bids back in November... Alas my little sister is graduating that week... Yet another year I won't make it to Moab... Someday maybe I'll get there... Everyone have a good time!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Attendees - - As of 3/24

1. MoabB2
2. jrgaylor
3. Rick
4. Paul
5. Chad551
6. Bronco2guy - Out
7. Reapereviltwin - Out
8. HVAC Man
9. MRBoyle
10. John K

Ouch. . .

Originally Posted by chad551
We need to list trail levels next to the vehicles and see if we can all hang together.

Okay, I think I know almost every rig remaining on the list (and one that's not - - can't believe the Arches Canyon Run was back in '99) . . . and I'm pretty sure I'm the weakest link of the bunch. . . and my TTB has done Poison/Bar/Spike, Cliffhanger, Steelbender, Hell's Revenge, blah, blah, blah. . .

So my guess is that we can hit most any trail in Moab - - body damage dependent.

Paul
'91 Sport

I'm still planning on making it down I have just been really busy trying to get this http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=960227 ready for jeep safari ;) My Jeep goes under the knife after this one leaves the garage so I'll keep in touch.

You guys know me I'm down for anything so...

Cool Paul.... We can all hang together, and have a blast.... I cannot wait to start my 1300 mile trek across the flat lands of USA.

Wish I had more vacatin, but I don't until June :(. O well Im planning on taking a full week off when CCR is and going out early to Moab for 4days :)

Cool Paul.... We can all hang together, and have a blast.... I cannot wait to start my 1300 mile trek across the flat lands of USA.

Sounds good - - It's a 1000 mile day for me, but worth doing it in one shot. Just be advised, my aversion to body damage has made it to more than one "web wheelers" tag lines, but no big deal this time, I've got some body work on the horizon. . .

Paul
'91 Sport

Sounds good - - It's a 1000 mile day for me, but worth doing it in one shot. Just be advised, my aversion to body damage has made it to more than one "web wheelers" tag lines, but no big deal this time, I've got some body work on the horizon. . .

Paul
'91 Sport

WHAT?

I don't believe it!

Pritchett Canyon, you know you want to!;)

With only 8 rigs confirmed should I bother to make reservations at the Branding Iron for Saturday night??

With only 8 rigs confirmed should I bother to make reservations at the Branding Iron for Saturday night??

I'd say - - No, don't bother. . . I'm sure they seat 8 on a Saturday quite regularly. . .

Does the small number attending mean we can talk about trails? Moab Rim?
Steel Bender? Cliff Hanger? Golden Spike ? I mean really, who's gonna know ? ?

Paul
'91 Sport

I'd say - - No, don't bother. . . I'm sure they seat 8 on a Saturday quite regularly. . .

Does the small number attending mean we can talk about trails? Moab Rim?
Steel Bender? Cliff Hanger? Golden Spike ? Prittchet Canyon? I mean really, who's gonna know ? ?

Paul
'91 Sport

You know you want to! :D

You know you want to! :D

Well, as you know I led Pritchett Canyon last year on 33's in my little mall crawler and did it without body damage ;) So, if you're feeling crazy this year I'll go with you :D Phill you have that new front locker so you're in too, right?!

Unfortunately, my work load will not allow my participation this year. :(

Y'all have fun now, ya'here ;)

It's not my work load , but the cash flow for me. I will be there for the End of the World 2012 run though, come hell or high water, hurricane, volcano, earthquake, tsunami (not the same as high water in WA), etc...

Does this at least this mean you're no longer going to post trail recommendations?

I can't quite recall what Kevin (DWD) posted last year to someone who was making trail 'challenges' from the safety of his keyboard, but it was good - -
but here's my take. . .

"Shut up or show up . . ." :D

Paul

Well, as you know I led Pritchett Canyon last year on 33's in my little mall crawler and did it without body damage ;) So, if you're feeling crazy this year I'll go with you :D Phill you have that new front locker so you're in too, right?!

In. . .

Paul
'91 Sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Possibly coming out. Nothing fancy on this Explorer, just a stock one with 31's. :)

I just want to get back out there again and see the scenery.

Will nail it out here at work soon.

Where is everyone else staying at? What's cheep or good? LOL

Back