Who is "awaiting shipment?" | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who is "awaiting shipment?"

You need to pull up your window sticker....it will be in the top left of the sticker, to the left of the 'Blend' number. It should look like xx20110325 where xx is (seemingly) something random, and the rest would be the build date, in this case 3/25.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ordered some time in the middle of February.
Built 4.1.
Synced 4.5 with 2.8.
Shipped? Awaiting that info from Sensi

Ordered an XLT on 2/8 with 202A pkg. and nav sys. Found out from Ford customer service today that the car was built on 2/25 (you know the old saying about cars built on Fridays) and is still sitting in Chicago. They stated that it had a release date and then three "re-release" dates. Anyone know what that means? I'm assuming that means they called it back for fixes?

Just got an email from my dealer that my X was still waiting to be shipped. Build date of 3/26. I was hoping it would slide on through but it must have received a hold. I'm assuming it is for MFT 2.8. MySync shows it currently has 2.7. I doubt they will ship it now without 2.8. Grrr...

How do you find out what level MFT your car is equipped with. Do you have a link?

How do you find out what level MFT your car is equipped with. Do you have a link?

Go to syncmyride.com and register your X. You'll need your VIN to do this.

Per 800 number ETA 4.10,2010.

Bummer....according to 800 number the Ex was delivered to the dealership yesterday. Called the dealer...they say they don't have it, and aren't expecting it til the end of the month. Talk about going from :D to :( in record time.

No information...

So I purchased an XLT back on 3/26 from the Ford dealer in Everett, WA. I spent forever going through each zip code region on Ford's website trying to find the vehicle we wanted as I didn't have the time to wait for a custom order to be built. Local dealer in Bremerton, WA was no help, we gave them a list of "must haves" and they said there was not one to be found. I'm not going to pay $40k for the wrong vehicle so I did my own research.

I was in a combined 100+ mph head on crash in a 5 week old 2011 4runner Trail Edition and spent 2 weeks in the hospital, some idiot swerved directly into oncoming traffic because he didn't merge when he was supposed to. No way I could drive another one after being conscious through the whole crash with vivid memories so after lots more research decided on the new X as a replacement.

I'm a little concerned with how it's going to handle offroad especially considering it only has 7.6" ground clearance! My '04 Subaru Forester XT had 7.75" clearance and I scraped that thing quite a few times trying to make it to some remote trailheads. Anyone taken theirs offroad yet? How does it handle in deep snow?? Overall though the X will be an amazing vehicle for the other 99% of the time I drive it and we were extremely impressed with the build quality and array of features and improvements from the 2010 model.

We got a 202A w/ the tow package, sunroof, and power liftgate. Salesman originally told me the vehicle would be arriving on Tuesday 3/29 when I was making calls to anyone with an XLT tow package within a 3 hour radius of our home in the pacific NW. Did all the paperwork, with the $750 ford customer cash (thanks for the tip on the brochure!!) and the $1,000 cash incentive. We were told they'd call on Monday morning with an update...never happened. I called them twice a day for the first couple days and each time got the run around and said they'd call me when they knew. Got frustrated and called customer service and was told the vehicle wasn't even built until 3/25 and had an ETA of 4/8. Called the dealer and spoke with a manager, who thankfully was very understanding and suggested I get a rental car (cruisin' around in a Kia Sportage...not very inspiring to say the least) and they'd reimburse me when the vehicle arrived. He said they have 9 explorers that have been held up at the factory. I called customer service today 4/6 to get another update and she said it shows up still as awaiting shipment with a location of Chicago!!!

What is going on with these explorers?? If it's still in Chicago that means I have at least another couple weeks until it makes it all the way out here...very disappointing. Anyone know exactly why these are being held up? I've read rumors about it being AWD parts, quality control issues, lack of rail cars, software bugs, the list goes on. Doesn't make me too confident in my choice but I have been very please with Ford's progress on build quality and reliability in the last few years and they were the only US manufacturer not to take bailout money.

I'll send Seni a PM w/ the VIN and hopefully she can give me a little more information about it's location, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that perhaps customer service was wrong and it has shipped already!

Hate to say it but I'm in the same boat. Ordered 2/2, built 3/15 and we've missed our 3/21 and 3/30 ETA. I've talked to Seni, multiple people at the 1-800 number and someone (at Ford) who has assigned our car a case # and not one person has been able to tell me why our car is still sitting in Chicago, almost a month after the build date, awaiting shipment. I'm frustrated to say the least!

Customer service called me today. She was extremely polite but stated the car was still in Chicago and she didn't know when it was going out but she'll keep in touch. Heard the same line again about the rail car shortage. Can't imagine how all of the Japanese cars are moving from California to the east coast and mid-west not to mention GM cars, BMW's, Audi's and all the others. How come other Ford vehicles are moving around the country without any problems? That excuse seems convenient for Ford but its wearing a little thin. I hope Ford doesn't decide to get into the fresh food shipping business or we're all in trouble. My build date was 2/25. Nice to know that my brand new $38K vehicle is sitting out in the rain and snow in some filthy rail yard for the last 4 weeks.

So I purchased an XLT back on 3/26 from the Ford dealer in Everett, WA. I spent forever going through each zip code region on Ford's website trying to find the vehicle we wanted as I didn't have the time to wait for a custom order to be built. Local dealer in Bremerton, WA was no help, we gave them a list of "must haves" and they said there was not one to be found. I'm not going to pay $40k for the wrong vehicle so I did my own research.

I was in a combined 100+ mph head on crash in a 5 week old 2011 4runner Trail Edition and spent 2 weeks in the hospital, some idiot swerved directly into oncoming traffic because he didn't merge when he was supposed to. No way I could drive another one after being conscious through the whole crash with vivid memories so after lots more research decided on the new X as a replacement.

I'm a little concerned with how it's going to handle offroad especially considering it only has 7.6" ground clearance! My '04 Subaru Forester XT had 7.75" clearance and I scraped that thing quite a few times trying to make it to some remote trailheads. Anyone taken theirs offroad yet? How does it handle in deep snow?? Overall though the X will be an amazing vehicle for the other 99% of the time I drive it and we were extremely impressed with the build quality and array of features and improvements from the 2010 model.

We got a 202A w/ the tow package, sunroof, and power liftgate. Salesman originally told me the vehicle would be arriving on Tuesday 3/29 when I was making calls to anyone with an XLT tow package within a 3 hour radius of our home in the pacific NW. Did all the paperwork, with the $750 ford customer cash (thanks for the tip on the brochure!!) and the $1,000 cash incentive. We were told they'd call on Monday morning with an update...never happened. I called them twice a day for the first couple days and each time got the run around and said they'd call me when they knew. Got frustrated and called customer service and was told the vehicle wasn't even built until 3/25 and had an ETA of 4/8. Called the dealer and spoke with a manager, who thankfully was very understanding and suggested I get a rental car (cruisin' around in a Kia Sportage...not very inspiring to say the least) and they'd reimburse me when the vehicle arrived. He said they have 9 explorers that have been held up at the factory. I called customer service today 4/6 to get another update and she said it shows up still as awaiting shipment with a location of Chicago!!!

What is going on with these explorers?? If it's still in Chicago that means I have at least another couple weeks until it makes it all the way out here...very disappointing. Anyone know exactly why these are being held up? I've read rumors about it being AWD parts, quality control issues, lack of rail cars, software bugs, the list goes on. Doesn't make me too confident in my choice but I have been very please with Ford's progress on build quality and reliability in the last few years and they were the only US manufacturer not to take bailout money.

I'll send Seni a PM w/ the VIN and hopefully she can give me a little more information about it's location, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that perhaps customer service was wrong and it has shipped already!

Hey... we're practically neighbors. I went through our local Ford dealership and have been having a good experience. I get consistent emails from them about the status of my order and the negotiations prior to order went very well.

They also told me they couldn't find a dealer to trade with so we had to order. My build date is just a day after yours and I'm also waiting shipment. My dealer is saying it's because of rail issues. I personally feel it's because of MFT. There's been too much negative publicity about it and I assume they are holding them back for a key update (2.8 maybe)

As far as off-roading, I heard the lower valence is really easy to take off and will give you much more clearance. It's really on there to increase the aerodynamics. There's a youtube video on it... I think it is the "clay" video. That being said, I wouldn't take it mudding at Tahuya. It's definitely a light offroader.

Sorry to hear about your accident. If nothing else, it's a testament to 4-runner safety. I'm pretty sure your X will keep you just as safe in similar circumstances.

Well it is nice to see I am not the only one waiting. :) Hope we all start to see some progress soon because I know I am very frustrated as well. Don't mind the wait if they could provide any information but it really seems that Ford has no idea in a lot of cases where the vehicle is at in the process. I don't blame customer service because they are providing the information they have but it really seems like Ford could use some updated systems.

I ordered on 1/17 and it was built on 3/17 with an ETA of 3/24 which became 3/25 and then 3/31. When I called yesterday I was told that the ETA is 3/25 and that I should talk to my dealer for more information. Funny but I am pretty sure the dealer is looking at the same information. It is very frustrating but I am sure it will be worth it when it finally shows up. Good luck to everyone.

Mine was built 2/24 on and off quality hold no one at ford or my fleet department has an answer to the status. Tried sending a PM to seni no response no choice but to waite.

I don't think Seni even had any posts yesterday, so my guess was she was OoO or something. Which probably means she'll have a ton of PMs to catch up on today...ouch.

Just got a call from the dealer and my Explorer is finally here. Looks like I will be picking it up on Monday when my Salesman gets back from vacation. I hope I can make it until Monday.

My Sync was loaded with V2.8 on 4/5 and now waiting for shippment.
Window sticker build date was 4/1.

I agree that perhaps the hold up is the Sync issues. I can see that it could be a software night mare of which, according to other post, they have been spending many hours on correcting the issues .

Also seen on other post where some vehicles go through the line and if they are lacking parts the vehicle is parked in a lot. Upon receiving the parts they are installed on an off shift period.

Think the lack of rail cars could be a scape goat. Wonder how big is their holding parking lot?

Does anybody on the forum work at the plant who might give some insight on the delays?

If it is a software issue, how long could that possibly take to correct? Mine was built 3/15 and syncmyride.com has gone from showing 2.6 to 2.7 but my car is still sitting in Chicago (for almost a month now).

As far as needing parts, wouldn't the plant have everything they need? It's where they build the car for crying out loud!

I can wait, I'm a pretty patient person. I just don't like that NO ONE, NOT ONE SINGLE person, can tell me why my car is sitting in Chicago and when it might possibly get here. They've got to have a better system than this!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check SMR to see if software has been updated again.

Back