Discouraged...anyone else? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Discouraged...anyone else?

I used X-plan with the $750 brochure offer just yesterday. It may go by dealership, but the finance person plugged in the offers I had into his computer and it showed what could be combined.

Seni gave a phone number for the group within Ford who can answer these types of questions. I can't remember which thread it was on, but you could either PM her, or look through some of the recent threads. If I find it, I'll re-post.

Thank you Gabella,

Here is the information you were looking to get for smoktya, I hope this is helpful.

some people are saying you can't use X-plan and the $750 brochure money together. What is true and accurate? Does it go by dealer, or they all supposed to be the same.

Smoktya,

The Marketing Program Headquarters are a great source of information for incentives and rebates. They can be reached at 800-334-4375. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, thank you.

~Seni

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I feel the same way. Mine was ordered on 2/5 and built on 2/25 and it is STILL in Chicago. No one can tell me anything. Ford has to realize that they are going to turn more people off by this behavior than if they just tell people the truth. Its obvious that there is a great demand for the car and it is just as obvious that there are still some kinks to work out of the new model. Most people will not back off of the purchase if there are a few minor problems but the shroud of secrecy is annoying. I just think they might lose more customers by keeping them in the dark than if they just 'fess up. PS Ford....We're adults, we can handle it.

My dealer left a message this afternoon that he will "have this solved with a new ETA" by "the end of today." Fingers crossed but I'm not holding my breath!

Received My Explorer Limited February 16 after a late late November Order. It has some Sync issues being addressed by the Dealer and a few minor adjustments needed. It's a new vehicle, this is normal.
For those anxious nervous antsy and ready to freak out with the delayed delivery, Hang In There Baby! You'll be Deeeeeeelighted!

I feel BLAH about it too and am even thinking of moving on and I'm already looking to get something else.

It's a good thing you all aren't trying to buy a Porsche Cayenne. The National wait time is 12-plus weeks. And there is no negotiating, and no X-Plan!
Some things in life are worth waiting for.

Frustrated

I sent this message to the customer service representative twice yesterday and haven't heard a word:

"I also received a 4/11 build date; however, I can't get my window sticker yet. Seni, how do I determine whether my build date has changed? The last seven of my VIN is GA56711 order #0020. Thanks."

How long does it take them to reply. I used to work for BMW and they had the best customer service regarding keeping the customer aware of where their vehicle was at the order stage. The customer would receive emails keeping them apprised. Maybe Ford could take a few suggestions from BMW and then their wouldn't be so much frustration.

Anxious and waiting in Kansas

I used to work for BMW and they had the best customer service regarding keeping the customer aware of where their vehicle was at the order stage. The customer would receive emails keeping them apprised. Maybe Ford could take a few suggestions from BMW and then their wouldn't be so much frustration.

When i ordered my Ford Edge through my employers Fleet Company, i got an email about what every step it was going through. I wish they would do that for regular consumers.

I sent this message to the customer service representative twice yesterday and haven't heard a word:

"I also received a 4/11 build date; however, I can't get my window sticker yet. Seni, how do I determine whether my build date has changed? The last seven of my VIN is GA56711 order #0020. Thanks."

How long does it take them to reply. I used to work for BMW and they had the best customer service regarding keeping the customer aware of where their vehicle was at the order stage. The customer would receive emails keeping them apprised. Maybe Ford could take a few suggestions from BMW and then their wouldn't be so much frustration.

Beanie50,

I apologize for the delay in my response. I was out of the office yesterday and will return your email shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience, I thank you in advance for understanding. :)

~Seni

Brat

Okay, I finally received my window sticker and my vehicle will be built on April 14th. Now I feel like a spoiled brat who threw a little tantrum. Sorry Seni!

Now how long does it take to receive the ETA or how do we find that information out?

I promise not to throw any more tantrums!!

Okay, I finally received my window sticker and my vehicle will be built on April 14th. Now I feel like a spoiled brat who threw a little tantrum. Sorry Seni!

Now how long does it take to receive the ETA or how do we find that information out?

I promise not to throw any more tantrums!!

My wife just told me to grow up and be patient. I don't think i have ever been so excited about waiting for something though. I just want my VIN and sticker for my 3/4 order and then i can relax a little

Hey all,

Thank you for being so patient as I caught up with my PMs. I hope that some of you received the information you were hoping for. For those of you still awaiting shipment, I want to let you know that Ford is taking huge strides to get these vehicles out to you. Please continue to stay in contact with me and/or your dealer for further tracking information. Thanks!

Seni

My dealer left a message this afternoon that he will "have this solved with a new ETA" by "the end of today." Fingers crossed but I'm not holding my breath!

Please check your email as I have sent you a message. Please email me with any further questions. Thank you.

Seni

I'm getting discouraged as well, ETA is still 3/26 per Seni and the 1-800 number. I'm giving it until this weekend and then I'll have to start looking at other alternatives. I agree with others who say this is the best vehicle in the class, nothing else wows me but since I'm without a car I don't have a lot of time to just wait for Ford to ship the vehicle.

If someone somewhere could give me more information I'd be a bit more content to wait. Seni has been great with updates, the 800 number somewhat less so, and the dealer keeps saying that they don't have any control over when it actually ships, which actually makes sense. I'm sure someone at Ford has an idea of when my Ex will ship, would just be nice for them to share that info.

Hey!

It's been a little while since I tracked your order status so I figured I would take a look since you stated that you were getting discouraged. Low and behold, I found some great news; your Explorer is now in transit as of this morning! According to my system your vehicle's ETA has not been updated to reflect real time. Check back with me on Friday/Monday and I will be happy to review my system, if you have not received a call from your dealer by then. Please keep in mind that it takes a day or two to process the vehicle and add any dealer installed options. PM me with any further questions. :)

~Seni

Back