What's your status? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's your status?

Ordered 3/4
"properly processed"
VIN 4/8, thanks Seni
Build Date: 4/28

4WD XLT Sterling Gray, Black Int, 201A, Pwr Liftgate, Trailer Tow, All weather mats

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ordered 2/22/11. VIN Date 3/27/11. Limited FWD. Bordeaux Red ,Stone Interior. All Weather Mats , Nav, Moon Roof. Build date 4/12/11.

Ordered 2/14, Sticker available 3/17, built 3/25, sync installed 3/26, shipped 3/28, ETA 4/8. Ford status mentioned it arrived 4/5, however dealer didn't actually get it until 4/7. Picking it up in an hour, so looks like the 4/8 was right on the money.

Interesting you mentioned it going west faster. I used to mess with freight trains a little for work and did you know that a majority of rail freight in this country moves from west to east? know why? China moves goods by boat on ships to the west coast, then by rail across north america, and then on ship again to Europe. It is faster and cheaper than by land across Europe (although they are trying to build new RRs there) and by seat around Africa (ships can't fit through canals, etc).

You would think that the traffic would be two way with all the sea containers coming back empty, nope. It is actually cheaper to produce new sea containers than ship the empty ones back so they just ship one way and then sell them/scrap them at the destination.

Just some fun facts.

That and it is a miracle the railroads get anything, anywhere, in one piece, in our lifetime, I have lots of great stories about them.

Vehicle Order Confirmation: 3/3/11

Priority: 19
Price Level: 150

VIN & Build Date expected today 4/8/11

ETA? Probably sometime in June...

4WD Limited, Black, 301A, Tow Pkg, Roof Rails, Mud Guards.

Update to my prior post, received VIN today from Seni...Thank you Seni!!! :D

ordered 3/1
4/8: VIN received
Dealer says 8-10wks from order date, still says that as of this past Saturday (4/2).
Ingot Silver 4WD Limited, Charcoal Black Interior, 302a, Moonroof, Splashguards

Some progress finally!

Ordered 3/4

VIN number 4/8

Ordered 1/30
built 3/5
ETA 1 3/21
ETA 2 3/28

re-released and who knows where it is.

Seni just told me the build date is 4/21. Thanks Seni.

Ordered 3/14
Scheduled 3/24
Build date 4/21, no window sticker yet.

Limited, Bronze/Pecan, 302A, towing, moonroof.

3/19

Order Date 3/19 (Actually I think it was ordered 3/22). Got dealer and order number, but turns out not my real order number. No Order, No Dora, No Vin.
Standing by, driving by dealers lots and drueling on their windows.......:salute:

Status update:
ordered 1/28
Built 3/29
Sync 2.7 3/30

as of today I am told it is in Norfolk VA, with an ETA of today.
However, I am not in VA..I'm about 14 hours north in CT!

Ordered: 3/18
VIN: 4/8 (today! Woo Hoo! Thanks Seni!)
Built: TBD
Sync: TBD
Delivered: TBD

Limited, Red Candy/Stone, 302A, Tow, Moonroof, Polished Alum, Splash Guards

XLT 202A Tow Blis Cross Bars White Suede/Med. Lt. Stone
- Ordered 2/19 (Saturday) Was told to expect 6-8 weeks until delivery.
- DORA Processed 2/21 (Monday)
- 3/4 Scheduled for 3/25 Build (Friday) with ETA Initially w/o 4/4
- Built 3/25 (Friday) - Sync v 2.7 on Syncmyride same day.
- New ETA of 4/11 when built.
- At dealership 4/8 (Friday) Thanks for the heads up Seni... you beat the salesman to the punch.
- Will request Sync v2.8 before pickup.

From order to delivery was 7 weeks.
- 2 weeks from order to scheduling build.
- Build scheduled 3 weeks out.
- 2 weeks for shipping

Can't believe personal commitments keep me from picking it up until Tuesday.

Here is something interesting. My dealer just faxed me a Status History web page for my order. It is the web site they use internally. All they sent was the current status rather than the entire history, but it has these columns and values for my car.

Primary: In Order Processing
Secondary: Scheduled to Day (Apr-21-2011)
Vehicle Location: Ford Chicago Assembly, IL
Status Date/Time: Apr-07-2011
ETA: TBD

I searched on Google for examples of this status history and found something on a Raptor forum. Here is an example of the statuses it goes through. It reads from the bottom up.

In Transit .....................Shipped Rail - Railcar # TTGXxxxxxx..........Ramp 59, Dearborn Truck, MI..........Jan-14-2011, 17:00 ET..........TBD
...................................(Canadian National Railways )

Awaiting Shipment ..........Origin Received - A032 ..........................Ramp 59, Dearborn Truck, MI .........Jan-14-2011, 04:54 ET..........TBD
...................................(Autoport Limited )

In ProductionProduced................................ ...............................Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI............Jan-13-2011.......................TBD

In Production Sent to Plant............................................. ............Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI............Jan-06-2011.......................TBD

In Order Processing ........Scheduled to Day...................................Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI............Jan-05-2011.......................TBD
...................................(Jan-13-2011)

In Order Processing.........Scheduled to Week................................Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI.............Dec-17-2010......................TBD
...................................(Week -of Jan-17-2011)

Ordered: 2/28
VIN: 3/17
Built: 3/25
Sync: 3/26
Original ETA: 4/4
At dealer: 4/7
Picked up: 4/8

XLT 202A, Tuxedo Black/Stone, Moonroof, Cross rails

Mine was a dealer stock ordered Explorer that was built on 12-15-2010 and delivered to us on 1-31-2011

Here is something interesting. My dealer just faxed me a Status History web page for my order. It is the web site they use internally. All they sent was the current status rather than the entire history, but it has these columns and values for my car.

I searched on Google for examples of this status history and found something on a Raptor forum. Here is an example of the statuses it goes through. It reads from the bottom up.

In Transit .....................Shipped Rail - Railcar # TTGXxxxxxx..........Ramp 59, Dearborn Truck, MI..........Jan-14-2011, 17:00 ET..........TBD
...................................(Canadian National Railways )

Awaiting Shipment ..........Origin Received - A032 ..........................Ramp 59, Dearborn Truck, MI .........Jan-14-2011, 04:54 ET..........TBD
...................................(Autoport Limited )

In ProductionProduced................................ ...............................Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI............Jan-13-2011.......................TBD

In Production Sent to Plant............................................. ............Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI............Jan-06-2011.......................TBD

In Order Processing ........Scheduled to Day...................................Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI............Jan-05-2011.......................TBD
...................................(Jan-13-2011)

In Order Processing.........Scheduled to Week................................Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI.............Dec-17-2010......................TBD
...................................(Week -of Jan-17-2011)

I wish mine looked like that! After "Produced" mine says all sorts of crazy things like, released, re-released, sent off-site, returned from off-site, etc, etc. Reads like my car has been everywhere BUT the one place it's supposed to be...my driveway!!! AGH!

Ordered 3/7
VIN 4/8 :):)
Seni says to check back in 7-10 days for update

I wish mine looked like that! After "Produced" mine says all sorts of crazy things like, released, re-released, sent off-site, returned from off-site, etc, etc. Reads like my car has been everywhere BUT the one place it's supposed to be...my driveway!!! AGH!
Sorry you are having problems. Here is another status report I found on the Raptor forum that has some of your statuses.

Full History
Status
Primary Secondary Vehicle Location Status Date / Time ETA
Delivered Final Delivered (Sierra Mountain Express ) F52627 - Riverside Autoplex Of Poteau Poteau, OK Feb-04-2011, 07:39 CT N/A
In Transit Shipped Convoy - Convoy # A115326 (Sierra Mountain Express ) Ramp 6T, Birmingham, MO Feb-03-2011, 07:39 CT
In Transit Received - F119 (Bavarian Motor Transport Llc ) Ramp 6T, Birmingham, MO Jan-07-2011, 13:26 CT
In Transit Received - F119 (Sierra Mountain Express ) Ramp 6T, Birmingham, MO Jan-07-2011, 02:07 CT
In Transit Shipped Convoy - Convoy # 111005063 (Jack Cooper Transport Co Inc ) Ramp 59, Dearborn Truck, MI Jan-05-2011, 14:54 ET
Awaiting Shipment Re-Released Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Jan-05-2011
Awaiting Shipment Origin Received - (Jack Cooper Transport Co Inc ) Ramp 59, Dearborn Truck, MI Jan-04-2011, 11:28 ET
Awaiting Shipment Origin Received - Mb11 (Autoport Limited ) Ramp 59, Dearborn Truck, MI Jan-04-2011, 11:08 ET
Awaiting Shipment At Plant Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Jan-04-2011
Awaiting Shipment Released Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Jan-04-2011
In Production Produced Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Jan-04-2011
In Production Sent to Plant Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Dec-17-2010
In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Jan-03-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Dec-09-2010
In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Jan-03-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Dec-09-2010
In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Jan-03-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Dec-07-2010
In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Jan-03-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Dec-06-2010
In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Jan-03-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Dec-04-2010
In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Jan-03-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Dec-01-2010
In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Jan-03-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Nov-23-2010
In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Jan-03-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Nov-23-2010
In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Jan-03-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Nov-22-2010
In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Jan-03-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Nov-22-2010
In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Jan-03-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Nov-20-2010
In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Jan-03-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Nov-11-2010
In Order Processing Unscheduled- Clean Sep-07-2010

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Getting this from the dealer made me realize that they should be able to give anyone a full history and the current status. I'm sure they all have access to this web site.

The other thing is that before I saw the history report, the rep only told me two things from this. He said my status was "In Order Processing" and the date was "TBD". This sounded really bad because he left out the fact that it was scheduled to a date of 4/21. I'm wondering whether other dealers are not telling the whole story when it would be so easy.

Back