OK Ford Motor, It's Now Time To Get Your Act Together! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

OK Ford Motor, It's Now Time To Get Your Act Together!

drober30

Reaction score
City, State
Grand Blanc, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited 302A
I now have no borrowed vehicle to drive and tomorrow, 4/20/11, will be three weeks since I ordered and I have no VIN# assigned.

How Frustrating!:mad:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I now have no borrowed vehicle to drive and tomorrow, 4/20/11, will be three weeks since I ordered and I have no VIN# assigned.

Isn't 6 to 8 weeks standard on special order? Why would you expect that in less than 3 weeks you'd have a VIN?

What did you used to do? Walk, Drive, Run, ect?

Time to hit a lot and get one if nearby. Sorry for your frustartion one reason I decided not to order.

Jack

I have been borrowing cars since January. Patience has almost run out. Ford Motor Company's customer service may be the worst I have ever seen. The inability/unwillingness to provide any information is inexplicable and inexcusable.(Note: not my dealer or salesperson, but Ford itself). Dealer is actually getting the owner of the dealership involved to try and pry my Ex out of FMC's hands.

I am not asking for the the Colonel's secret recipe. Just an honest answer when my car (that is already built) will ship.

I have been borrowing cars since January. Patience has almost run out. Ford Motor Company's customer service may be the worst I have ever seen. The inability/unwillingness to provide any information is inexplicable and inexcusable.(Note: not my dealer or salesperson, but Ford itself). Dealer is actually getting the owner of the dealership involved to try and pry my Ex out of FMC's hands.

I am not asking for the the Colonel's secret recipe. Just an honest answer when my car (that is already built) will ship.

When did you order? The OP said he ordered 3 weeks ago, this is well within range. There was a manufacturing hold up that we all know about last month, but it appears that orders are being delivered within the 6 to 8 week period now.

What did you used to do? Walk, Drive, Run, ect?

Traded my vehicle in to the dealer and placed order for the Explorer. Had a 4x4 truck and dealer said they would only keep trade price quoted for a week. Trade in price was a good price so I gave it up.

I know others have waitied longer and I fully expected an order to take 6-8 weeks and wont be to upset if I have to wait 10, just want a VIN so I can start the clock!

Getting worried...

Time to hit a lot and get one if nearby. Sorry for your frustartion one reason I decided not to order.

Jack

Thanks! I appreciate it.

I knew that I would get a pat on the back from some and a kick in the a$$ from others, but at least everyone here has an interest in talking about it which is more than I can say about those in my house! LOL

When did you order? The OP said he ordered 3 weeks ago, this is well within range. There was a manufacturing hold up that we all know about last month, but it appears that orders are being delivered within the 6 to 8 week period now.

I ordered in mid-January. Ex has been built since March 24, but no delivery date and no one able to provide a delivery date. My Ex has now been placed on hold with no one in the universe able to explain why.

Part of it is the time, but the majority is the inability to provide any estimated delivery dates or explanations. Do you think Ford's purchasing department would allow a supplier to get away with that?

3 weeks and you are starting a thread complaining? There is no reason to start a thread like this after 3 weeks. It took 5 1/2 weeks for my order to be built so dont expect anything less.

With the delays that have been going around, no dealer should be telling any customer 6-8weeks at the time.

And most of the delays are not Ford, it is the rail company due to the amount of rail cars they took of the tracks due to lack of car sales over the past couple years.

And most of the delays are not Ford, it is the rail company due to the amount of rail cars they took of the tracks due to lack of car sales over the past couple years.

I disagree. Ford is the one who selects the mode of shipment. Ford bears the responsibility for choosing poorly.

I think Ford may be locked into who ships the cars contractually. IF that's the reason for the delays. I did a little digging on the rail delays, and it seems it's primarily contained to Chrysler and GM, not Ford due to litigation between the hauler and Chrysler/GM.

3 weeks and you are starting a thread complaining? There is no reason to start a thread like this after 3 weeks. It took 5 1/2 weeks for my order to be built so dont expect anything less.

With the delays that have been going around, no dealer should be telling any customer 6-8weeks at the time.

Sorry for starting a thread like this and making you comment.

I ordered mine on Feb 9th. Got no VIN, ETA, Build date... Nothing at all until I finally switched dealers last week and placed another order.

Miraculously, I got a VIN number the next day and now have a build date of May 2nd. I'm sure it will be June before I get delivery.

Three weeks is child's play.

Simmer down.

Mine took 11 weeks exactly from order to delivery.

I ordered mine on Feb 9th. Got no VIN, ETA, Build date... Nothing at all until I finally switched dealers last week and placed another order.

Miraculously, I got a VIN number the next day and now have a build date of May 2nd. I'm sure it will be June before I get delivery.

Three weeks is child's play.

Simmer down.

You say "Simmer down" but you make my point for me!

You waited way to long, then switched dealers and received a VIN "the next day" so whats wrong with asking questions 3 weeks after an order has been submitted.

It's story's like yours that have me spooked in the first place.

Oh, I'd wager that the real frustration won't kick in for a few more weeks. Three is nothing. I'm about 6 weeks in with no build date in sight. I'm not going to allow myself to get into a lather until at least June...a situation I'm fully expecting, btw.

Oh, I'd wager that the real frustration won't kick in for a few more weeks. Three is nothing. I'm about 6 weeks in with no build date in sight. I'm not going to allow myself to get into a lather until at least June...a situation I'm fully expecting, btw.

Another reason why I did not wait, I will drive home in it tonight with the roof open listening to Iron Maiden.

Jack

All have asked in the 6 weeks the car has been shown "Awaiting Shipment" is 1) why is the car delayed 2) why are people who had cars produced on the line after me from the same dealer getting their cars (not ordered, but produced) and 3) why is it so hard to give an estimate of when the vehicle will be shipped. I have not gotten an answer to these questions in the two weeks my issue has been elevated.

I've been told for over a week and a half now the car is "ready" to ship and all quality holds are done.Yet neither myself or my dealer can get information. Forget about emailing the company, i was told i was being "impatient" and that i should take it up with the regional manger.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Something sounds fishy about drober30's order. I started noticing very quick VIN # turnarounds from people posting here who ordered in April. I order April 12 and thanks to Seni found out my VIN # on April 18. If you have reconfirmed that your order was placed with Seni, I wonder if it has anything to do with your dealer?

Back