What's your status? | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's your status?

My order date is 3/25 and received Vin# 4/15. My wife's due date is May 4th. It would be nice to drive her and our newborn twin girls home in the Ex.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My order date is 3/23, build date is 4/21 hoping to pick my tux black ex on either 4th or 5th of May. Specially these dates are good target for me as I am in the Chicagoland area, where explorers are assembled.

Good luck with your Ex!

On hold again

Built 3/24, awaiting shipping . . . .

4/12 at plant released
4/13 at plant re released
4/14 re released,
4/15 Hold at plant in yard.

No explanation for why on hold. Flat out told they are unable to find that information out for me.

I gave the customer service rep a piece of my mind about how awful the customer service has been.

My order date is 3/25 and received Vin# 4/15. My wife's due date is May 4th. It would be nice to drive her and our newborn twin girls home in the Ex.

I'm a twin girl! I'm crossing my fingers that you get your Ex next week!

Update:
AT DEALERS!!! Yippee.

Order 1/28
Build 3/29
In transit 4/6--2 stops(Buffalo NY & Davisville RI)
Arrived today
Hoping for a smooth delivery tomorrow.

Congrats Jackey!!!!!!!!

Yes, congrats!!! Just got the visibility report from the dealer and our car is now in Texas, headed West. Chugga Chugga Choo Choooooooooo!!!!!

Thanks!
Bill you should change your "on order" to "delivered"! LOL

IslandFamily...hope it keeps chugging along& you see it next week!

Yes, congrats!!! Just got the visibility report from the dealer and our car is now in Texas, headed West. Chugga Chugga Choo Choooooooooo!!!!!

I'm so excited for you! My Ex is getting transported by a truck. It's in transit, but I don't have an ETA.

I'm so excited for you! My Ex is getting transported by a truck. It's in transit, but I don't have an ETA.

No ETA for me either...well, actually, my ETA is 3/30...LOL!

4/16 - ordered S.Grey, 302a, 4WD LTD, moon, tow, DVD
4/18 - order cancelled waiting on 2012

Dealer experience amazing though.

I'm a twin girl! I'm crossing my fingers that you get your Ex next week!

I'm a twin boy! Let's activate our Wonder Twins powers to get me my car soon! :D

I'm a twin boy! Let's activate our Wonder Twins powers to get me my car soon! :D

I hope we both get our cars next week! I want your baby girls to ride home in style!

4/16 - ordered S.Grey, 302a, 4WD LTD, moon, tow, DVD
4/18 - order cancelled waiting on 2012

Dealer experience amazing though.

What made you cancel the order & wait?
From what the scuttle is now the order dates for 2012 have been moved from May til June or later, which means you may not see it til Dec! This is all so crazy!

What made you cancel the order & wait?
From what the scuttle is now the order dates for 2012 have been moved from May til June or later, which means you may not see it til Dec! This is all so crazy!

Honestly the issues with rattle/MFT got me a little worried. Also for years I've pontificated about the woes of buying a first model year and had to suck it up and follow my own advice. The other huge reason is that I'm in no rush - for some reason I feel like I have money burning a hole in my pocket - and I realized that was silly. Hopefully I can get this '12 ordered before the Range Rover Evoque comes out and my wife overrides my Ex desire lol. This is what my dealer told me:

ust found some additional info for you...Ford usually builds their vehicles in two runs, called "jobs."# Currently we are ordering "Job 1" vehicles.# That order cycle is open until June 9.# After that we should be ordering "Job 2" units.# All 2011s.# It is possible that there won't be a Job2 and we will be able to order 2012s after June 9 but that isn't likely.# But I understand where you are coming from and I will go ahead and cancel your 2011 order.# As soon as I have more info on ordering 2012s I will send you an email.#
By the way,# we have ordered 8 Explorers so far and none have taken more than 8 weeks.# The only thing that may be different about yours is the dual headrest dvd.# We haven't ordered any with that option.# But I can't imagine that adding any time to the order.#

Has anyone heard from Seni in the past few days? I sent her a PM a few days ago and haven't heard back from her.

Thought I would throw my status back in here (last seen on the first page of this thread):

Kona Blue Limited
vin=1FMHK8F88BGA25761
Ordered 1/31
Built 2/7
SMR 2/10 with 2.4
ETA 1: 2/14
ETA 2: 2/20 (still)
Awaiting Shipping

Info as of last week. :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back