Suspension Lift Help!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Suspension Lift Help!!

Strength would be the only reason for going with the D60; that and its already at arms length. If he uses it, I'll go with a D44.

I'll probably try to go linked in the first place only because I feel like if I did leafs, I'd want to change it in the future to a linked setup. I'd prefer to be one and done.

I was just thinking about supercharging because it would be easier than a full 5.0 swap. The 4.0 would be sufficient off road without anything, but highway speeds could use a little help. Power isn't really important when the highest speed limits around your town are 45. Occasionally I get out on the highway and go 55.

I already have 4.10 gears. That'll change.

I do have a spare 351W I could try to wedge in there if I really wanted to go crazy. I don't want to go crazy, though.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A dana 60 up front is not any different than a Dana 44 other than it is stronger axle. You will still install it the same way either linked or leafs. There are several Explorers with Dana 60's up front. And if you put the correct gears in the axle a 4.0 will turn 37" tires all day long down the highway and on the trails.

Also Blake where did you see a D44 kit for a Sport Trac?
im pretty sure it was on 4wheelparts.com but i just googled Dana 44 front axle and found it.
im really leaning towards a spring over front end, i don't really like the look or ride of leaf spring front ends.

I have a complete donor 1979 Early Bronco 302 5spd on dana axles for $600. I'm swaping out the entire drive train, that should be sufficient..?.. Maybe on 35's

I think I can safely say there is no "kit" that swaps a Dana 44 axle into an Explorer based vehicle Well at least a Sport Trac.

Supercharging a 4.0 would be easier than a 5.0 swap for me mainly because in Missouri we have emissions and a PCM from an older Explorer with a 5.0 would instantly fail my truck. I want a 5.0 swap so bad but I cannot do it. So I am now leaning towards the STS turbo setup for my truck.

I have a complete donor 1979 Early Bronco 302 5spd on dana axles for $600. I'm swaping out the entire drive train, that should be sufficient..?.. Maybe on 35's

If it's an early Bronco the newest it would be is 1977. 1978-up full size Bronco axles are too wide.

not really a kit i guess but i just put in my trucks info and it popped up.
i know the jeep rubicon has a D44 but what about the sport? is it a 35? i know where one is parting out now.

Back