What's your status?

Pretty Painless

Ordered on 3/14
VIN# on 3/28
Window Sticker on 4/05
Build Date on 4/14
In Transit on 4/21
ETA per Seni on 4/26

My sales rep told me 6-8 weeks when ordered.....will be 6 weeks when delivered.

2011 Explorer Limited
Rapid Spec 301-A
White Platinum Tri-Coat
Pecan Leather Interior

-Jeff

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

At the dealer

Ordered 2-25, build week 4-11, unloaded at dealer 4-22, sign papers and drive off 4-25, thanks for all the info. Philip Odenweller

What is SMR? sounds like the OFP for Sync? Where do you find that information? Where can I find status? I have a vin I have a window sticker just sitting here waiting

After whole week sitting on a ramp for shipment..... Still in Chicago. So begins week 7 of " awaiting shipment."

This is encouraging. Mine was built on 3/23 with an original ETA of 4/4. I am giving them until next weekend and then I am pulling the plug. I have been seeing dealers in my area getting stock that was built around my date or after. :(

I feel exactly the same way. My build date was on 3/16 and my dealer just received several that were built on 3/24. I was told last Saturday that my ETA to the dealer was 4/20 - he received "stock" vehicles that day. Then Seni told me my ETA was 4/22. NOTHING!

We decided that if we don't get it by next weekend we are going to pull the plug on our order. This has been a terrible experience. Just like Turbo Tax this year. Even though we submitted our return beginning of February, they transmitted returns that were submitted after ours first. Ford seems to be doing the same thing. Explorers that were ordered and built AFTER ours are being delivered to our city. This is very POOR customer service and planning.

I can be pretty reasonable if I get communication, but when I get ignored and blown off by my dealer... well, let's just say I'm no longer feeling reasonable. I've been told 3 times over the last month by people at my dealer's that they would look into the situation and call me. NOTHING!!!!! I've had to call them several times to get any information or Seni has given me information. I'm tired to death of feeling like I'm harrassing my dealer when they were the ones that contacted me first offering me the deal to lease a new car. They must not care too much about this deal considering the lack of time they have spent since February communicating with me.

I have a hard time feeling anything but disgust related to waiting for my X to show up. This would the first time that I've had an Explorer myself. My husband drove one for three years... after this I'm not sure if I'll get the opportunity. Right now, I'm not sure that I want it!

Received our XLT FWD on Thursday night 10 1/2 weeks after order date. Can only tell you my experience. Car was built on 2/25 but sat or was recalled (don't know which) for well over a month and a half. Now that I've received it, I can honestly say that I am awed by this vehicle. The ride is smooth, there is no noticable road noise, the sound system is great (202A pkg.) and the Sync and MFT is state of the art. Only downfall I'm experincing is that it is a BIG car. My wife is having a bit of an issue pulling it in and out of the garage as there is less than two inches of clearance on each side with the mirrors, but she'll get used to it. For you Tahoe, Expedition, F-150, etc. owners, you won't notice at all but our last vehicle was a Jeep Cherokee which dimensionally was much smaller. We got the white platinum tri-coat and it is definetly the "flyest" car in the neighborhood. Bummer is that we have to take it out today and tomorrow and its raining. To those of you still waiting, good luck, be patient, it's worth it! I was starting to loose my cool and have second thoughts but I'm glad I stuck it out. Build American, Buy American.

Sagexlt...I had a similar issue with a long delivery of my Red Candy Limited. Ordered 9/7/10, hit Malouf Ford on 3/10/11 and took delivery on 3/18/11. But I do love my car and I also was amazed with the interior space...head room, hip room, shoulder room, leg room. It feels like the next size up vehicle (Suburban, Expedition, etc) without the large outside size. I loved my 2006 Land Rover LR3 which also had good headroom, leg room...but the Explorer has much more shoulder room. I was told that one of the head engineers on the '11 Explorer was the same person who was responsible for the Terrain Response for LR and that is why the Ex has a similar feature and look of LR. I have the power fold mirrors so I use this feature when going in the garage. I ordered the Husky liners from the group buy and will be installing today. Of course it has to be raining here in NJ! I posted pics of my Ex on a separate discussion titled 2011 Red Candy Limited....Do you have some pics of your XLT to share?

Sagexlt...I had a similar issue with a long delivery of my Red Candy Limited. Ordered 9/7/10, hit Malouf Ford on 3/10/11 and took delivery on 3/18/11. But I do love my car and I also was amazed with the interior space...head room, hip room, shoulder room, leg room. It feels like the next size up vehicle (Suburban, Expedition, etc) without the large outside size. I loved my 2006 Land Rover LR3 which also had good headroom, leg room...but the Explorer has much more shoulder room. I was told that one of the head engineers on the '11 Explorer was the same person who was responsible for the Terrain Response for LR and that is why the Ex has a similar feature and look of LR. I have the power fold mirrors so I use this feature when going in the garage. I ordered the Husky liners from the group buy and will be installing today. Of course it has to be raining here in NJ! I posted pics of my Ex on a separate discussion titled 2011 Red Candy Limited....Do you have some pics of your XLT to share?

I will as soon as the rain stops.

This gives me hope that maybe I'll not have to wait too long, but on Fox News this weekend, it said, according to my husband, that parts were being delayed and prices would be jumping for new vehicles. I just hope I don't have to wait months due these delayed issues.

Ordered 3/30
Got Dora 3/31
Vin # 4/21
Build date 4/29
AWD XLT with 202A, platinum white, pwr gate, BLIS, moonroof

Woo hoo! Just got another update on my Kona Blue Limited. As of this morning it is at the Fostoria, OH Mixing Station. Not much further to go.

My info:

My info:

Kona Blue Limited 4wd
vin=1FMHK8F88BGA25761
Ordered 1/31
Built 2/7
SMR 2/10 with 2.4
ETA 1: 2/14
ETA 2: 2/20 (still)
Loaded on railcar: 4/20
WeatherTech 1st row, 2nd row, cargo Mats ordered: 4/22
At Fostoria, OH Mixing Station: 4/25

For those interested in the mixing station: :)

http://www.nscorp.com/nscorphtml/marketing/auto/autofacilities/pdf/fostoria.pdf

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...575,-83.358486&spn=0.009078,0.022638&t=h&z=16

Just got an update from the dealer. It has been released from the plant and is ready to ship. It was built last Thursday 4/21. Today is 6 weeks from the order date. They also said the average transit time once shipped has been 14 days, but I think has actually been less than that. A local dealer in Maryland had a car in stock last week 12 days after the build date, and I was told earlier that they come by truck not rail. Close now.

Woo hoo! Just got another update on my Kona Blue Limited. As of this morning it is at the Fostoria, OH Mixing Station. Not much further to go.

My info:

My info:

Kona Blue Limited 4wd
vin=1FMHK8F88BGA25761
Ordered 1/31
Built 2/7
SMR 2/10 with 2.4
ETA 1: 2/14
ETA 2: 2/20 (still)
Loaded on railcar: 4/20
WeatherTech 1st row, 2nd row, cargo Mats ordered: 4/22
At Fostoria, OH Mixing Station: 4/25

For those interested in the mixing station: :)

http://www.nscorp.com/nscorphtml/marketing/auto/autofacilities/pdf/fostoria.pdf

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...575,-83.358486&spn=0.009078,0.022638&t=h&z=16

Good news, as I think ours are traveling together.

Got mine from Greg at Koons Ford. Think I may have responded on your facebook post.

Good news, as I think ours are traveling together.

Got mine from Greg at Koons Ford. Think I may have responded on your facebook post.

Yup :) Nice, we will have to take a pic of them together for facebook!

Current update:

Limited Bordeaux Red
Built 4-19
Still can't see on sync, all I get is an error when I go to the update and Maint page to see history
Awaiting transport 4-25

No current ETA
I hope that doesn't mean that something is missing... We will see...

Delievered 6 weeks to the day I ordered

Ordered on 3/14
VIN# on 3/28
Window Sticker on 4/05
Build Date on 4/14
In Transit on 4/21
ETA per Seni on 4/26

My sales rep told me 6-8 weeks when ordered.....will be 6 weeks when delivered.

2011 Explorer Limited
Rapid Spec 301-A
White Platinum Tri-Coat
Pecan Leather Interior

-Jeff

Wow....received call from dealer this afternoon that my Explorer was in. Signed paperwork and will pick up after prep on Wed morning.

-Jeff

What's Your Status

As of Friday, 4/22/2011, my EX was in Gibson, Indianna. Called Ford today, 4/25/2011, and it is in Clovis, N.M.
Can't wait, only 623 miles away from Phoenix!

Ordered: 3/18
VIN: 4/8 (today! Woo Hoo! Thanks Seni!)
Built: TBD
Sync: TBD
Delivered: TBD

Limited, Red Candy/Stone, 302A, Tow, Moonroof, Polished Alum, Splash Guards

UPDATE: Thanks Seni! I don't know what we would do without you!

Ordered: 3/18
VIN: 4/8
In Production: 4/25
Built: TBD
Sync: TBD
Delivered: TBD

Limited, Red Candy/Stone, 302A, Tow, Moonroof, Polished Alum, Splash Guards

However, I am still not getting a window sticker on the websites.

Ordered on 3/15
Vin 2 weeks later
Build date 4/12
Picking up at the dealer 4/27 (btw, Sync still says VIN isn't valid).

Just shy of 7 weeks!
White platinum, charcoal black, 302A, nav, moonroof, hitch, polished wheels, mud guards, rain guards, crossbars...

Keep your fingers crossed for me that everything goes smooth on Wed!
Kim

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As of Friday, 4/22/2011, my EX was in Gibson, Indianna. Called Ford today, 4/25/2011, and it is in Clovis, N.M.
Can't wait, only 623 miles away from Phoenix!

Mine must have been on the same train! Dealer just called and the truck was just dropped off at the railyard here in Albuquerque, will finally pick up Thurs. Only took 14 weeks!!

Back