I finally got my explorer, and a good dealer experience | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I finally got my explorer, and a good dealer experience

esandye

Reaction score
City, State
Oklahoma City
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator
Well, 15 weeks since ordering, I finally got my Sterling Grey Limited 4wd, 301a and it think it is well worth the wait. I ordered 12-30 and it was finally build on 3-17. There was the usual slow shipping and it sat it my hometown railyard for 6 days before delivery to the dealer. Unfortunately, the day it was ready, was moving day for me(one house to another) and I couldn't pick it up for 2 days. My salesman felt bad about all the delays that he threw in the rear bumper protector with intallation for free. The salesman was well versed in the MFT and was able to give me a quick demo that made sense and I have his cell number. The manager was able to track the car to the exact loacation on the railroad line. The dealer also made sure I got my $3750 in reabates (500 early order, 1500 owner loyalty, 750 special cash and 1000 "regular" rebate), some of which expired on 4-4. (I agreed to pay for the car on 4-4 since it was in town but they just held my check until delivery). Kudo's to my dealer (Joe Cooper Ford Midwest City, OK), to Seni and Ford customer service to keep my anxiety levels down. And thanks to those participating in this forum for your wisdom and opinions. (My front license holder was off in a flash due to the great DYI on this subject!). I'll keep reading the posts and hope for another great explorer experience (this is my 4th).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congratulations! Sounds like a great experience picking it up. Enjoy!

I have the same vehicle on order. No vin yet. Curious, do you, or did you ever wish you ordered the 302a package?

I have the same vehicle on order. No vin yet. Curious, do you, or did you ever wish you ordered the 302a package?

Yes, I went back and forth on the 301a vs 302a. The only things I really wanted in the 302a was the BLIS and HID headlights. I didn't really care about the park assist or active cruise. In the end, I order the BLIS and I am just living without the HID's Not worth the extra $1500 to me. The 301a has all the niceties I wanted.

I never cared about the adaptive cruise unitl I tried it! Now I would not be without it.

I never used cruise control that much before but now I use cruise control on the expressway to avoid speeding tickets. I hate getting pulled over!

I wouldn't mind paying the ticket/court cost, it's the insurance company that adds the 30% surcharge for three years!

I drive with a radar detector too but it's nice when I come over the hill and state trooper lights me up with laser and my cruise has me going just 6-7 mph over the speed limit which he is not going to chase me down for.

Anyways, if you haven't tried the adaptive cruise control, you should before ruling it out, especially if there are other options you like in the 302A package.

Well, 15 weeks since ordering, I finally got my Sterling Grey Limited 4wd, 301a and it think it is well worth the wait. I ordered 12-30 and it was finally build on 3-17. There was the usual slow shipping and it sat it my hometown railyard for 6 days before delivery to the dealer. Unfortunately, the day it was ready, was moving day for me(one house to another) and I couldn't pick it up for 2 days. My salesman felt bad about all the delays that he threw in the rear bumper protector with intallation for free. The salesman was well versed in the MFT and was able to give me a quick demo that made sense and I have his cell number. The manager was able to track the car to the exact loacation on the railroad line. The dealer also made sure I got my $3750 in reabates (500 early order, 1500 owner loyalty, 750 special cash and 1000 "regular" rebate), some of which expired on 4-4. (I agreed to pay for the car on 4-4 since it was in town but they just held my check until delivery). Kudo's to my dealer (Joe Cooper Ford Midwest City, OK), to Seni and Ford customer service to keep my anxiety levels down. And thanks to those participating in this forum for your wisdom and opinions. (My front license holder was off in a flash due to the great DYI on this subject!). I'll keep reading the posts and hope for another great explorer experience (this is my 4th).

This is great news Sandy! Glad that you are enjoying your Explorer. Keep me in mind in the future should you have any questions/concerns. It was my pleasure to assist you in this journey. Tell "Patrick" that I said, "Hi!" ;)

~Seni

This is great news Sandy! Glad that you are enjoying your Explorer. Keep me in mind in the future should you have any questions/concerns. It was my pleasure to assist you in this journey. Tell "Patrick" that I said, "Hi!" ;)

~Seni

Seni, as always, your the best. You'll here from me if there are issues!

How did you get your dealer to honor the $1500 Owner Loyalty? I ordered mine in early March and since I own a 2003 Explorer, I should be eligible for the rebate? My dealer continually insists that it was not available, although I have actually caught him changing his story. He now claims that we can try (although I'm not sure I believe that he will) but insists that Ford has yet to honor and pay them the cash for any customer incentives that they have filed for. Therefore, at this point he is unwilling to honor it.

Seni, maybe you can chime in on this one. I actually called the number on the PDF for the Incentive Protection Program and they indicated that as long as the dealer provided all the necessary documentation, the rebate would be authorized within 24-48 hours and that the money actually gets sent to the dealers electronically every Tuesday.

Where exactly on Vincent do they need to look to get the details on that $1500 Owner Loyalty cash. What specific information does the dealer need to submit. I'm not sure that I believe them when they say that Ford is not honoring and paying these rebates when it seems like a pretty straight forward process and should take no longer than 1-2 weeks from filing the claim to having the cash in their hands. I'm starting to get the impression they are tryin to keep the cash to pad their bottom line.

It was my understanding the owner loyalty rebate expired on 4-4. All I did was asK the manager at the dealer about it and he agreed I qualified as long as I had the qualifiying ford product titled to me and could show the title. (1995 or newer fords). I paid for the car 4-4 to be sure the rebates were protected (the car was in town at the railyard but not yet at the dealer). I don't have any idea the current status of any owner loyalty rebate.

How did you get your dealer to honor the $1500 Owner Loyalty? I ordered mine in early March and since I own a 2003 Explorer, I should be eligible for the rebate? My dealer continually insists that it was not available, although I have actually caught him changing his story. He now claims that we can try (although I'm not sure I believe that he will) but insists that Ford has yet to honor and pay them the cash for any customer incentives that they have filed for. Therefore, at this point he is unwilling to honor it.

Seni, maybe you can chime in on this one. I actually called the number on the PDF for the Incentive Protection Program and they indicated that as long as the dealer provided all the necessary documentation, the rebate would be authorized within 24-48 hours and that the money actually gets sent to the dealers electronically every Tuesday.

Where exactly on Vincent do they need to look to get the details on that $1500 Owner Loyalty cash. What specific information does the dealer need to submit. I'm not sure that I believe them when they say that Ford is not honoring and paying these rebates when it seems like a pretty straight forward process and should take no longer than 1-2 weeks from filing the claim to having the cash in their hands. I'm starting to get the impression they are tryin to keep the cash to pad their bottom line.

I am currently looking into this for you and will reply via PM, after I review my resources. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

~Seni

Hey,

I just saw this post on the thread. As you may have noticed, I have not been very active in the forum threads in the last 5 days; this was due to a computer system error in our office. However, you did email me and we were able to address this in a PM already but feel free to keep me updated, should you hear anything further from your dealer.

~Seni

Back