• Register Today It's free!

My dealer was bought out by Ford

andywink

Reaction score
City, State
MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ltd 300a, 4/19 build
I received a call tonight from my salesperson to let me know that the dealership was bought out by ford (his words). That means that they basically have lost the Ford dealership, but he said that my ordered Ex was still on the way, but I needed to choose a dealership for it to be delivered to. He said that all of the numbers that we worked out would be honored by the new dealership, and that my incentives were safe also. As most will probably I am a little worried. I have had it on order since March 5th and it was built on 4-19 and is awaiting shipment as of Last Friday. He said that Ford was cutting the number of dealers in the area (St Louis) because they had to many and basically they were cutting three of the smaller dealerships. I went to a smaller dealership for a reason, mainly I have had better experiences with smaller guys thAt go the distance for the customer. Has anyone else heard of Ford cutting dealers in any other areas? I hope this isn't a fancy bait and switch from ford because I will be buying well under invoice.....

I don't think it's a bait & switch, I do know they are trimming some dealers to cut down on the dealer cannibalism. I would probably PM Seni just to be sure that the destination dealer is changed correctly though.

What St Louis Dealership???? Valley????

What St Louis Dealership???? Valley????

He said three, he couldn't say which ones, but the two I know for sure are Long Ford in Eureka, and Auto Plaza Ford in Maplewood...

Back