What's your status? | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's your status?

Wow, so yours is on the lot? I might need to shoot him an email :)

He might not know about the sync update version. I'll be interested to hear if you get the latest.

Edit: Just after writing this I looked at my email and had one from him saying "The long wait for one of my customers is finally over. Hopefully yours will be over soon."

Guess that answers my question. Might still be on the train, just not on the truck I hope :)

Yes, mine arrived this morning.

Should pick it up this afternoon, as soon as the 2.8 update is installed (hopefully). We will see if they actually install it.

I know early in the week Greg said he was tracking another one that was in WV. He mentioned that it was a little bit behind mine.

Sounds like this was probably yours. Hopefully, it will show up tomorrow, or, early next week for you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, mine arrived this morning.

Should pick it up this afternoon, as soon as the 2.8 update is installed (hopefully). We will see if they actually install it.

I know early in the week Greg said he was tracking another one that was in WV. He mentioned that it was a little bit behind mine.

Sounds like this was probably yours. Hopefully, it will show up tomorrow, or, early next week for you.

hehe...he is probably going to have a pretty good month with the two of ours coming in. Wonder if he has more sold he is waiting on.

I finally got my explorer last week. I love it. Unfortunately, with only 500 miles on it it’s in the shop with transmission problems. It took 4 months to get, and I drove it for a week. Now I’m stuck driving a crappy loaner car. Hope they don’t have it for long.

Wow, so yours is on the lot? I might need to shoot him an email :)

He might not know about the sync update version. I'll be interested to hear if you get the latest.

Just got the call. 2.8 installed with no problem.

Told me I can come down anytime.

Finally. My window sticker came up today...

Ordered: 3/4
VIN: 4/15
Sticker: 4/28
Build: 5/4?

So where are the pics! :bounce:

So far, i have been to busy trying to learn everything.

Been very happy with sync. I was a little worried.

Maybe 2.8 has solved a lot of the issues. Still early, though.

Let us know when yours finally arrives.

build date is today!!! YAY!

How long does it take from build date to being able to see some info on syncmyride.com?

Ordered 3/14
window sticker 4-29
build date (guess completion date on window sticker) 5-4
ship date - who knows...lol
Dealer says look to week of 5-30 for delivery

Any ideas on current build to ship dates and ship to delivery, I'm in Dallas...anybody?

What's Your Status

I thought it would be nice to see a list, all in one place of everyone's status. Who has their car, who's still waiting, etc. I'm hoping I'll get a little bit of encouragement by seeing that many people actually did get their car because I'm starting to feel like we'd get our car quicker if we "re-order." So, here's our status...

IslandFamily
Ordered 2/1
Built 3/15
Awaiting Shipment
ETA 3/21, 3/30
SMR is currently showing 2.7

RUFF II
Ordered 3/4/11
Built 4/14/11
Window Sticker 4/15/11
Awaiting Shipment (Chicago) 4/18/11
Intransit: 4/23/11
Gibson, Indianna: 4/22/11
Clovis, N.M.: 4/25/11
Albuekuque N.M.: 4/26/11
El Mirage, AZ: 4/27/11
ETA: 5/2/11

Order: 2/7
Built: 3/9
Sync: v2.7 on 3/10
ETA: who knows

I have family coming in on May 3rd. Looks like we'll be cramming everyone into our two cars. My wife says the dealer has promised us a Flex as a loaner. I'll believe it when I see it. I thought we ordered far enough out to have the Explorer by the time my family arrived.

Man your getting hosed, cannot believe you have not taken delivey on a 3/9 build date. I looked at an autonation Ford website on their inventory (can pull up sticker to see build date) and 4-13-11 builds are estimated for delivery 5-1-11..prior week build are in stock....wish I had better info. B

Man your getting hosed, cannot believe you have not taken delivey on a 3/9 build date. I looked at an autonation Ford website on their inventory (can pull up sticker to see build date) and 4-13-11 builds are estimated for delivery 5-1-11..prior week build are in stock....wish I had better info. B

Can you give the link to that autonation Ford Website?

just go to autonation.com...select ford...see a dealership (pick one by you)...find new or used vehicle (pick new)..start looking at the explorers..pick one....they will say in stock...coming soon...anticpated delivery...in this section they also have a button that says...view vehicle window sticker....hope this helps

Just recieved the phone call that I have been waiting for . My EX LTD has finally arrived at the dealer, just 15 minutes ago. It will be ready monday ,I offered to do the cleaning my self, but no time today to licence it or PDI. How do I get through the weekend now?

When you talk about updating the sync, does that mean that everytime there's an update to sync that you have to have the Ford dealership do it? I'm far away from getting my Explorer, but I really don't understand the sync update problem. A person with a vehicle that has sync cannot update it themselves?

Grrrr....So my sales guy sent me an email that he had a truck with 8 explorers coming in tonight and was pretty convinced that mine must be one of them (as was I based on tracking). He got the list of VINS at 5pm that would be on the truck and found out mine wasn't one of them :(

There is a theory that maybe some other sales guys made nice with the transport driver and got them to load ones that should have waited a couple of days on the truck first :mad:

Not a huge deal, was gonna be rushed with weekend plans anyway and it is only a couple of more days to wait. I think my sales guy was more upset than I am

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ordered: 3/4
VIN: 4/8
Sticker 4/21
Built:4/28
Sync: 4/30 ver 2.8

now the wait for shipping

Back