Morimoto Mini's- Question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Morimoto Mini's- Question

Recently I just got an H1 kit for my fogs, and I was let down to say the least. I guess I am just spoiled from a retrofit in the mains, but I wanted HID in the fogs. I am thinking about doing Morimoto Mini's in the fogs as these gets fantastic reviews. Has anyone tried to retro a projector in stock fogs? Doesnt look fun considering the metal housing LOL

You'd probably be better off just fitting aftermarket projector fogs directly, and fabbing up some sort of housing or filler panel for them to look right in the factory space. Slightly recessed projectors in filler panels look pretty trick if done well.

You could of course also do the same with some factory projector fog lamps from another vehicle as well, maybe even get some BMW models to match.

The advantage to mounting them inside stock housings and behind the lenses would be the additional protection, but the dome shape of projectors is pretty strong, and you could just get the same protection with a shield in front of whatever fogs you use.

It would likely not be worth the hassle of taking apart a metal housing, though with the right tools it'd be simple enough to make just the right size for a projector to fit into, but still the lens might have an effect on the optics.

Yes people have fit MH1's into fog lights plenty of times....

TRS also just released a new morimoto matchbox projector, its even smaller then the MH1 and still bixenon, perfect for fog lights...

other options are blazers or ford OEM projector fogs found on fusions, edges, MKS's etc etc....

Yes people have fit MH1's into fog lights plenty of times....

TRS also just released a new morimoto matchbox projector, its even smaller then the MH1 and still bixenon, perfect for fog lights...

other options are blazers or ford OEM projector fogs found on fusions, edges, MKS's etc etc....

o0o0o this is interesting. I guess my biggest concern is the stock housing on our fogs are metal, so that'll be fun to cut to size. As I read, you can actually amount the mini's into the housing just so the back sticks out. It mounts that way without having to run rods, which is cool. I wish these were out back when I did a retrofit. Def. loving the idea of the size + being bi-xenon

Back