Ordered new '11 Explorer Limited, now what? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordered new '11 Explorer Limited, now what?

CapnMorganXX

Reaction score
City, State
Bowling Green KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer LTD, Loaded
My order for an '11 Explorer limited as accepted on 4/25. I have an order number and dealer code but no vin yet. Here's what I ordered:

Limited, tuxedo black, pecan interior, 302A package, tow package, 20 inch painted wheels, no moonroof.

From what I've read, theres an extra wait on the tuxedo black? Any insight here guys? I also realize the pecan interior is hard to get as well.

Dealer told me 8-10 weeks on all ordered explorers. Thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My order for an '11 Explorer limited as accepted on 4/25. I have an order number and dealer code but no vin yet. Here's what I ordered:

Limited, tuxedo black, pecan interior, 302A package, tow package, 20 inch painted wheels, no moonroof.

From what I've read, theres an extra wait on the tuxedo black? Any insight here guys? I also realize the pecan interior is hard to get as well.

Ordered my limited on 4/9 the dealer told me the last one he ordered took 6 weeks

I ordered a Golden Bronze with Pecan Ltd. on 4/8, and the dealer told me to expect about a 6 week wait. Haven't received a VIN # from Seni, but I'm hoping tomorrow or Monday I'll have a VIN #, and then supposedly you're suppose to be able to track the progress somehow. I'm just getting ansy, and on 5/6, it'll be 4 weeks. I just have to be patient. I'm just wondering if it takes certain areas of the country longer to receiver their ordered Explorer. I live in Central Texas, and realize my Bronze Beauty is coming down from Chicago, so I don't know if that means it'll take longer.

Welcome to the queue. :)

Hard to say, really. Seems like the wait varies greatly. I ordered 9 weeks ago and have no ETA yet. (My dealer predicted 10 weeks when we ordered. We're not going to hit that.) There were others on the forum who ordered from their dealers on the same day as I did who are already driving their vehicles.

I have no idea why some get built and delivered quickly, while others seems to disappear into order purgatory. Dealer allocation? Specific colors or trim levels? Geography? Who knows. All you can do is be patient. Keep in touch with you dealer so he/she knows that you're paying attention.

Oh, and spend 10 weeks reading posts about A-Pillar rattle, wondering the whole time whether YOUR A-Pillar will rattle as well. It's all part of the fun.

My dealer told me 6-8 weeks to order an Ex, 8-12 weeks with Tuxedo Black. I put my order in for a Tuxedo Black Limited on 4/27. Got my VIN this past Monday (5/2) from Seni, though. You probably want to PM her (look for FordCustSvc, I think, in these forums and send her a PM with your order number and dealer code) to see if you can get any updates.

I agree with StunnedMonkey, it seems how the orders are processed are random (probably not, just looks that way). I'm doing the same thing that StunnedMonkey recommended while I wait for the next round of info (Window Sticker, build week/date,etc) - reading the forums about the issues others are having with their Exs, so that I'm prepared if I encounter any of them (also reading all the posts from the people that really love their Exs).

DH

I ordered a Golden Bronze with Pecan Ltd. on 4/8, and the dealer told me to expect about a 6 week wait. Haven't received a VIN # from Seni, but I'm hoping tomorrow or Monday I'll have a VIN #, and then supposedly you're suppose to be able to track the progress somehow. I'm just getting ansy, and on 5/6, it'll be 4 weeks. I just have to be patient. I'm just wondering if it takes certain areas of the country longer to receiver their ordered Explorer. I live in Central Texas, and realize my Bronze Beauty is coming down from Chicago, so I don't know if that means it'll take longer.

Hello, I ordered my Limited on 4/9 Saturday (probably went in on the following Monday) and I just got my VIN #

Ordered white platinum tri-coat, black leather, 302A package

Back