What phone number does your MFT dial? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What phone number does your MFT dial?

dco43054

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
cmh
Year, Model & Trim Level
20 XLT
So my My Ford Touch setup is showing as incomplete saying that the VIN is not confirmed.

he customer service rep said I could try sending a Vehicle Health Report which would refresh the VIN in the system. I've tried a dozen or more times since yesterday morning and have not been successful. It says it is collecting data, but then says it could not connect and the report fails. I have tried dialing the number and each time it rings a fast busy. It has never connected through.

The number MFT is dialing is 888-796-2863. I called Customer Service and they confirmed that was the number it was supposed to dial. I thought it might be a volume thing overloading the system, but I just tried at 6:10 EDT time and it did the same thing.

Can anyone confirm that when you send a VHR that is the number your MFT is dialing? If you look at your cellphone when the call is placed, it will show you. Or has anyone else tried in the last 24 hours and been successful.

The alternative to getting this set up is to make a dealer trip, which would be fine, but I'd rather do it the easier way if possible.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi dco43054,

It does dial that number (see screen shot below). I just ran a report and it connected and transmitted successfully. By the time I walked in the house I already had an e-mail notification that the report was available for review.

vhr01.png

Hi dco43054,

It does dial that number (see screen shot below). I just ran a report and it connected and transmitted successfully. By the time I walked in the house I already had an e-mail notification that the report was available for review.

vhr01.png
Thanks.

I'm getting an error in Syncmyride
There is a problem with the VIN you provided. Please check your VIN and try again or contact us for assistance.
The customer service rep said that sending a report could fix it, but evertime it dials it gives me a fast busy. I'm wondering if they only accept calls from known phone numbers and without having a validation off the VIN, it won't pass the cell number to the system.

Thanks for letting me know the number is working. Looks like it may require a wipe/refresh of MFT to get it solved.

Dave

Dave,

My pleasure. It seems that all MFT fixes boil down to CTRL-ALT-DEL! LOL!

Jose

I'm getting an error in Syncmyride
The customer service rep said that sending a report could fix it, but evertime it dials it gives me a fast busy. I'm wondering if they only accept calls from known phone numbers and without having a validation off the VIN, it won't pass the cell number to the system.

I think that your cell number does have to match what you entered when you set up the account. I would double check that you have the right mu,ber set up in your syncmyride account.

From the site:
You may make a different number Active at any time; however, only one Active phone will be able to access SYNC's Driver Services at a time.

I have the same error on sync my ride, and have been told it is a known issue. The fix according to cuts serv is to have the unit re-flashed by the dealer. I am going to have it done on Wed. I will let you know if it works.

So the Ex is down at the dealership and was reflashed with MFT this afternoon. The Tech called me after he did it to make sure that's what I wanted done. I had looked at syncmyride.com a few minutes prior and the screen changed and the "unable to validate VIN" had been replaced wth info about my Ex.

To be able to run a VHR you have to go through a setup process on SMR.com and part of that is validating/activating your cell number. As I suspected, once I did so, the MFT 888 number did answer and was sending a tone looking for my Ex to provide information.

So - if your MFT is not acting right, trying to do a VHR will not do anything for you as you will not have set it up in SMR, so it will not answer your cell call.

Can't wait to get the Ex back tomorrow so I can play with MFT and Sync some more. :thumbsup:

Oh and -

:D

Back