For those that enjoy the Pine Barrens of South Jersey | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For those that enjoy the Pine Barrens of South Jersey

dam website is acting funy ..won't let me upload the pix

You can email em to me and ill upload em if you want, ill pm you my email if you cant get them uploaded.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i had an awesome time, didn't really take any pics though cause i didn't have my camera but i did get a good video of 05fronty's truck in that lake haha

i had an awesome time, didn't really take any pics though cause i didn't have my camera but i did get a good video of 05fronty's truck in that lake haha

put it up because i lost mine :roll:

Yea I had a great time as well...we really need to set something up for rausch creek in a few months and get you south Jersey out of the mud (and lakes hahahah) and on to the rocks!

Ill put some pics up tomorrow when I'm trying yo distract myself from work. Good times!

LOL. I've been on the rocks of PA, West Virginia and Tennessee. I have had a great time everytime and will definately go to Rausch, howeever the mud, water and lakes, are only 15 mins from my house and thats wehere i grew up and thats where I'll die.
I'd also like to thank everyone for coming out who did. I posted this up on a few other forums and this is the only one where people actually showed up. Sucks I had to leave early. I went back out there but not until about 10PM.

LOL. I've been on the rocks of PA, West Virginia and Tennessee. I have had a great time everytime and will definately go to Rausch, howeever the mud, water and lakes, are only 15 mins from my house and thats wehere i grew up and thats where I'll die.
I'd also like to thank everyone for coming out who did. I posted this up on a few other forums and this is the only one where people actually showed up. Sucks I had to leave early. I went back out there but not until about 10PM.

I was sittin around the house about that time and thinking about goin back out but I just watch tv instead lol

ok finally got the photos from 05fronty's camera uploaded, pretty much all of them are of his subexplorer, hope they do him some justice. his hood was actually under at one point but i didnt snag a picture of it.

Attachments

• IMG_0038.JPG
    IMG_0038.JPG
    220.7 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_0042.JPG
    IMG_0042.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0043.JPG
    IMG_0043.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_0045.JPG
    IMG_0045.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 193

Heres some more of 05 swimming and me and him trying to put some weight on albi1cnobi1's truck to get him balanced and out of a rut.

Attachments

• IMG_0044.JPG
    IMG_0044.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_0040.JPG
    IMG_0040.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0039.JPG
    IMG_0039.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0035.JPG
    IMG_0035.JPG
    193.6 KB · Views: 209

Apparently I didnt take many pics, and somehow the guy taking the group shot with smokey the bear managed to either not save it or corrupt it...so bah!

Anyway...

Ranger on roids
2011-05-14_14-17-30_836.jpg

05's Strawberry milk ATF a la SubExplorer
2011-05-14_16-14-53_352.jpg

Makeshift Garage
2011-05-14_16-44-17_4.jpg

So Tom,

Are you saying I'm unbalanced ? Man, I thought I hid it better than that...

lol, looks like i missed some fun stuff. We'll have to put together another trip in the near furture. great group of people= good times!!!

albi1cnobi1 said:
So Tom,

Are you saying I'm unbalanced ? Man, I thought I hid it better than that...

Ill translate...time to ditch the swaybars! :p

Is there much difference in the ride on the street without it? I had an idea for rear sway bar disconnect. I guess the 5th shock should go too?

Rear you wont notice the difference after a day...the fronts you will but they're a good candidate for quick discos

Give it a shot! If ya dont like them, its only two bolts.

What about that 5th shock? Do you really even need that thing?

If I remember right...its a small shock that was on the 2nd gens right?

I can't imagine it being that great...and if its still original then its prolly blown anyway after this many years haha

I think if I get a chance this weekend I'll pull all that off. Then maybe next time I can pull off that maneuver without the cling-ons.

WOOOW! Man I missed out! Sure looks like you guys had a good time! Glad there was no major problems, atleast that some fresh filters and fluids coudn't take care of anyway :p: Wow, after seeing the pictures, I think I will make sure I at LEAST get shackles, do the TT, and maybe even put a locker in the rear for good measure :D

Adam.

the 5th shock is supposed to help with stability along with the sway bars since the shocks are not staggered like they are on many trucks. i think your best bet is to make some sway discos and ditch the 5th shock and just make sure the sway bars are connected on the streets. for the front i think the discos are pointless because the ifs doesn't flex enough that they stop anything, the only reason for them would be so the sway bar bushing don't get destroyed every time you go off-road like mine do. I was thinking the next run could be early July, maybe the 4th of July weekend which would be Saturday the 2nd. I should def have my new rig ready by then, I'm itching to tackle that pit all way across.

Yeah rear sway discos sound like a plan. Hey LiKuiD who did you get to do your locker? I remember you said it was down by the shore. I saw what yours did and I want. If you can get me a # so I can check it out that would be great. And you did miss a hell of a time, adam. My mounty's almost stock and I had a blast.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back