Elevated Customer Service is useless | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Elevated Customer Service is useless

TimSuds

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
So... I took the advice of the Ford Customer Service Reps and took my car in to address all the problems I am experiencing (See the Ford should be ashamed thread).

They assured me they would walk it through the dealership and make sure everything was satisfactorily resolved.

Things I had them look at were:

MFT lockups, SD card fault errors, etc... - They upgraded the software from 2.7 to 2.8 - too early to tell if this helps (although I'm not too confident from reading other threads).

Obnoxiously squeaking brakes - I instructed the service department that I did not want the rotors turned and shorten the life of them. Their report to me was that they 'cleaned' the brakes and this should solve the problem. Guess what, they still squeak (not as bad, but what the hell???). The Ford customer service rep spoke to the dealership and they informed her that they turned the rotors. How fair is this? When they need replacing prematurely, it will be too bad for me. This is such BS...

I had them look at the trim issue where the left front fender meets the bumper. It frequently pops out of the clip and separates. Their finding was that I must have hit something to cause this and it should become an insurance issue. They kindly snapped it back into place, which I informed them that I have already done numerous times and it will pop out again within a couple of days.

The truck has overheated twice. They did replace the cooling fan and I assume this will resolve that issue.

I did not ask them to address the rain noise issue as I know there is no recommended fix yet.

When Ford Customer Service placed a follow up call to me and I explained all this, I was told I am more than welcome to return the vehicle and have it looked at again. Keep in mind, it was just there yesterday...

This thing is now the biggest nightmare of any vehicle I have ever owned.

I'm wondering if I can drive it through the front glass windows of Ford Headquarters and return it like the tire commercial says you can do if you are not happy with their tires...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So it seems the brakes are an issue for way too many people and cannot be called "random defect". It's probably bad raw material from one of Ford's suppliers. We all get the same BS answer at the dealerships.

BRAND NEW $40k cars should not have this issue, and any solution less than replacing those brake components is not acceptable in my book. (Not even mentioning the fact that this happening in traffic is bad advertising for Ford.) There should be a recall. Or at the very least a clearly written TSB to replace components.

I sold my used car and bought new because I was sick of issues like this. And I am sick and tired of going to my dealers, cutting out of MY billable time. Rotating the rotors, my a**!

Cory, or anyone at Ford, if you're reading this, please don't direct us individually to our dealers - they will not help.

TimSuds, I’m sorry to hear that you’re still having a brake noise. I would like to have this reviewed further for you. I sent you a PM with the details I’d like to discuss with you to get this resolved.

G37RRaiders, I replied to your message with more information. Please check your inbox.

GregV8, I understand your time is important. Please feel free to message me privately if you’d like me to help.

Cory

The issue with the bumper popping out of its clips at the front fender under the headlamp is a plant defect. I also had this issue but my dealership fixed it at there body shop by replacing the mounting bracket for the bumper that is riveted to the body. It took like 15 minutes and has never popped out since. The guy said it looked like it was just a hair out of alignment and that's why the clip would seat, but just pop out as soon as you hit a bump driving.

I did not ask them to address the rain noise issue as I know there is no recommended fix yet.

Even if you know there is no fix you should always have the dealer document the issue. That way if in the future there is no fix you can show at what mileage you started having the problem for Lemon Law or Manufacturer's buyback.

The issue with the bumper popping out of its clips at the front fender under the headlamp is a plant defect. I also had this issue but my dealership fixed it at there body shop by replacing the mounting bracket for the bumper that is riveted to the body. It took like 15 minutes and has never popped out since. The guy said it looked like it was just a hair out of alignment and that's why the clip would seat, but just pop out as soon as you hit a bump driving.
I’m glad your dealer took care of your bumper issue for you. Thank you for posting the details on your experience.

Cory

Unfortunately, they didn't take care of the bumper issue.

They accused me of hitting something causing it to pop loose.

They pooped it back into place which I have already determined is temporary.

I also have the brake noise. Sounds pretty bad when rolling to a slow stop.

Back