005-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

Also, added clear corner lights
006.jpg

008.jpg

Added tail light guards
003-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

Threw a nice wax job on it and sprayed the whole undercarriage with rust-oleum spray.
010.jpg

I also have a cold air intake that i am waiting on from UPS: http://www.secretweaponperformance.com/product/Dragon-Intakes/Default.aspx

I have been reading into installing two distance or off road lights behind the grill, but im having trouble understanding how everyone is getting those lights to stay in place behind the grill. I will be getting some lights here shortly so any help or insight will help out alot, Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A few upgrades i have added over the past few weeks:

I have been reading into installing two distance or off road lights behind the grill, but im having trouble understanding how everyone is getting those lights to stay in place behind the grill. I will be getting some lights here shortly so any help or insight will help out alot, Thanks!

The car looks great good job.

For the lights behind the grille I bought two metal brackets to secure the lights to then drilled holes in the brackets and screwed them into the car. I havent had any issues with them and they help a lot on dark roads.

Nip slip....

lol J/K :p:
Truck looks great, mine hasn't been washed in like 6 months :S

sweet nice ride. for the lights if you want to go the cheap lazy way that I did i used a 2x4 cut in half one for each light put blocks behind grill, seemed to be a perfect ledge for it, then drilled light into wood. only thing is u have to make sure its back far enough because my billet grill pushes up against them causing them to be pointed slightly up. I dont mind it cause i have a roof rack with lights and full hids so having these lights point slightly up in to the tree line makes it perfect for my use.

hey matt what did you use to paint the pillars?

and is the intake for the 4.0 the same on the 04 as the 05 ... that intake looks BA would love to get one and btw the x looks great ... what are your future plans for it?

Great looking truck! I was wondering if you have an aftermarket exhaust or is just a tip? Also what brand tires are those!

Thanks jad and fedy! Thanks for the insight on mounting the lights.
Fedy-do you have all of your aftermarket lights wired into the same swith or what?

Armysoldier-I used a simple gloss black paint from autozone (3 coats of that) then i hit it with an automotive clear (2 coats). I love how it turned out! As for the intake, i dont know anyone who has these intakes on their Ex so i will have to do some reading and further looking into the intakes to see if they are the same. But after i get the intake installed, i want to get lights installed behind the grill and do a shock/strut replacement and POSSIBLY the 1.5" body lift.

ajthefisherman- I have a flowmaster 40 series with factory pipe into a 3" tip. It sounds pretty mean! And the tires are General Grabber AT2's (265-70-16)

Therover1991- Do you have any pics of how you mounted the lights?

When you get the intake installed let us get a few pictures of it and how you like it, i might change which brand i look into

Thanks jad and fedy! Thanks for the insight on mounting the lights.
Fedy-do you have all of your aftermarket lights wired into the same swith or what?

actually i have a mini switch board everything is on its own individual switch this pic is oudated slightly.

the one not on the switchboard is for the lights behind my grill

the empty slot cut in the dash is for my thunder grill

and the two on the switch board are for the roof rack.

the other two will be for halos and something else that i havent thought of yet

IMG_1839.jpg

Heres a couple pics to see how I mounted mine. Pardon the untidy wiring.

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

actually i have a mini switch board everything is on its own individual switch this pic is oudated slightly.

the one not on the switchboard is for the lights behind my grill

the empty slot cut in the dash is for my thunder grill

and the two on the switch board are for the roof rack.

the other two will be for halos and something else that i havent thought of yet

IMG_1839.jpg

Okay, thanks for the help. I have some fog lights wired up and im trying to see if i can run the fogs and lights behind the grill off of the same switch.

When you get the intake installed let us get a few pictures of it and how you like it, i might change which brand i look into

Will do! Im supposed to get it at the beginning of next week so i will be installing it as soon as i get it. Which brand were you looking into?

I suggest the Hella 500s. Great light, durable etc. I put in a set of 55W HIDs in them to match my headlights and fogs and theyre great.

However I wouldnt recommend running the grille lights off the same switch as the fogs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I suggest the Hella 500s. Great light, durable etc. I put in a set of 55W HIDs in them to match my headlights and fogs and theyre great.

However I wouldnt recommend running the grille lights off the same switch as the fogs.

I bet those look super good with the HIDS. Why would you not recommend running them off the same switch?

Back