Glen's lifted first gen (Pa) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Glen's lifted first gen (Pa)

1994 Limited
Automatic with E1354
4.56 Gearing
Mile Marker hubs (will be changed when I find my WARN hubs)
6" Skyjacker Lift SOA in the rear
Explorer Pro Comp Shocks ES9000 with Green boots
MOOG Ball Joints

Plans right now are to put a 2nd gen rear in it and lock it.

A few pictures til I get better day shots.
0212111251.jpg

0212111633.jpg

0212111633a.jpg

0212111634.jpg

Tried flexing it a little today.
2/16/11
0216111508a.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

New decal put on the truck,
kissthis.jpg

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Well since this Ex needs another rear end, I thought of 2nd gen and was doing some research and found that the F150 8.8 is about the same except for width obviously. And am buying a full width D44 for the future so might as well put an F150 8.8 into the Ex and get wheel spacers for the front as much as I don't care for them and either get the front or rear bolt pattern to match. Didn't plan on this step so soon but stuff happens :D. Who knows where this is going to go, planned on it only being off the road for maybe a month but things sometimes last longer than ya think when you start thinking.....

Thats definitely my favorite sticker ive seen! :thumbsup:

stop thinking and get looking, and wrenching,.

So in your signature you say it's a 94 limited but the limited first gen only came out in 93 I have the same one. So how is yours a 94?

Every year explorer has had a limited edition. 93 was the first year they appeared. :D

Oh, and Glen, this thread needs more pics....MORE PICS!!!! :p:

But can you snap some of the front suspension for me? I need to rework the skyjacker lift in my navajo, and need some good reference pics. Thanks buddy!

So in your signature you say it's a 94 limited but the limited first gen only came out in 93 I have the same one. So how is yours a 94?

Yes as Russel stated 1993 was the first year for the limited trim package to become available and has been available ever since. So 93 and 94 are the only years of the 1st gen limited's. The build date on the door is actually 2/94.

Bloody nice mate!

Btw Glen was there any changes/upgrades in the 94 that weren't featured in the 93? well of course there is.. But more my question is are any of the upgrades beneficial to the car?

Bloody nice mate!
Thanks Greg

Btw Glen was there any changes/upgrades in the 94 that weren't featured in the 93? well of course there is.. But more my question is are any of the upgrades beneficial to the car?

Umm I'm honestly not sure...I believe all was kept the same option and power/drive train wise in 93 and 94.

you really love explorers, and yours look great :salute:

Thanks and yup I love them for some reason :rolleyes: lol

Back