2002+ Offroading Photos Wanted | Page 26 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002+ Offroading Photos Wanted

nice pics!

Nate, I was thinking of getting a hi-lift jack at some point but i was wondering if our trucks have any good jack point on them to use it? I know rocksliders would allow it pretty easily but was just curious what you have found out with the stock setup.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very nice pictures - I was just in Utah about 2 weeks ago and now those pictures have me wanting to go back. Utah's just awesome.

nice pics!

Nate, I was thinking of getting a hi-lift jack at some point but i was wondering if our trucks have any good jack point on them to use it? I know rocksliders would allow it pretty easily but was just curious what you have found out with the stock setup.

My main point of it is to use it as a winch. Otherwise I'd use the wheel hoist (since I have stock wheels), the trailer hitch, or tow hooks. I'd just use the hooks I have on a chain to lift it by the tow hooks.

Could you give a closeup of the jack mount. I never thought of doing this and may want to cop your design. This would make it easier to move between my trucks.
Thanks

Lucky me. :D

After I ordered my Hi-Lift Jack Mount for 1.25" Hitch Receiver. Handen Fabrication discontinued 1.25" version as they updated the ebay listing

Here's some photos for you all from my latest off road run.
I1-1.jpg

I3-1.jpg

Pics at Inspiration Point (end of trail)
I7.jpg

I witnessed a 1970 Toyota Land Cruiser go flying over the edge of a cliff. I did stop and helped him out and got the cops up there to retreive the car.
I2-1.jpg

I feel bad for the guy. It was a very nice look land cruiser from what I could see. Modded and all.

Nice photos - too bad about the LC. Those shocks still look brand new! And the axle looked all nicely painted up - that's a real shame.

Nice photos - too bad about the LC. Those shocks still look brand new! And the axle looked all nicely painted up - that's a real shame.

The guy was drunk and high off of spice (so my friend says). That was his boss's land cruiser too. Someone is in big trouble.

...Humpf...B*stard - Assuming what your friend says is true.

nice gamecooks. glad to see youre putting those tires to good use. were you in 4hi or 4low? my ex likes to bog down in mud when in 4low even with the pedal to the floor

Sweet as:thumbsup::thumbsup:

4 low, you gotta gear it down too mine loves 4low and 2nd

there is no way you could get through that with a little more speed and 2wd?

Since our ex's have 4x4 auto, itd already be in 4hi and at the end it was at least up the center caps and it was boggin me down... Plus i just wanted to get it dirty

ohh ok. Was just curious.

muddy muddy muddy

Heres my new explorer i had a 96 sport but blew the tranny it had 265k on it. Its a 2003 xls all modifications so far are for looks taillights, new grille, vvme hids, f 150 tow hooks. I drove on the beach for 2 weeks i need to get bigger tires because when u let air out it sits low. I was down at the outer banks if anyone has been there i was going off ramp 55 in hatteras
IMAG0198-1.jpg

IMAG0197-1.jpg

That's one hell of a big truck!:D Great pic's, catch much?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Holy big pics batman! :eek:

Nice looking Ex. Looks like you had a fun day. :thumbsup:

Back