Just brought home our new Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just brought home our new Explorer

vulnox

Reaction score
City, State
Overland Park, Kansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 XLT 202A
Hi all,

Thanks for the help with my first thread here where I was trying to decide between the F-150 and Ex. As you can see from this post, we got the Explorer.

Black XLT 4x4 202A with Nav, Power Liftgate, Tow Package, and I guess the rear inflatable seat belts which I just found that it had.

Here is the window sticker:
http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FMHK8D84BGA83434

We got it around 6:00pm, and aside from dinner, we have been driving it until about 8:30pm, using various functions of MFT without fail, including voice commands. I requested that my salesman get it upgraded to 2.11 before I came to get it, and he tried (even showed me the printout from their Sync device that showed only 2.8). I guess his dealership did not yet have access. He said he will hang onto the info and check every day until the TSB is out so I can get it. So far its been solid, but could stand to be quicker, which I have heard some people say 2.11 does.

I was very nervous about getting MFT, but so far, knock on wood, I am happy I didn't back out.

We both love the ride, how quiet it is, and basically everything about it. We were considering a limited, but saved so much per month with this one, and my main "want" in the Limited was remote start and cooled seats.

So sometime soon I need to go to a remote start dealer my salesman suggested who is Ford certified and see what my best option is, since I know the standard remote start that replaces the key won't play nice with mine since we have the power liftgate. I still want something that will work with the MFT Climate Controls like the OEM Ford one does. Hopefully they will have a good answer.

IMG_0425%5B1%5D.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats! Glad to see another happy '11 owner!

Congrats on your new Explorer!

Only one thing- it's black. You don't own a black car, it owns you. Go buy a wash mitt... :D

Congrats on your new Explorer!

Only one thing- it's black. You don't own a black car, it owns you. Go buy a wash mitt... :D

Ha! Yeah I have had a couple black vehicles in the past, I am prepared. I am already pretty serious about keeping our vehicles clean. It doesn't help that we are currently in an apartment complex, and where out overhang parking spot is that we used to park our Fusion, there is a sprinkler that used to just kill the front of our Fusion. The worst water spots I have ever seen. I would get it looking beautiful, but they run them every night, so next morning, it looked terrible. I like having it covered and have asked them to fix the way it aims, but it seems to be a losing battle.

So the Explorer may not always be under cover, at least until they stop using the sprinklers. Thankfully I know some damn good and cheap car washes.

I used to have that issue, I adjusted the throw and rotation on the sprinkler in that complex... :shifty_ey

:D

I registered today because I as well brought home my 2011 Explorer today, and need a place to address compliments, concerns, or questions. It is an XLT inWhite Suede, Med L Stone; Dual Moonroof, Power Liftgate, 202a, Nav, BLIS, and 20 inch rims. I am very excited about it. I tested out the navigation process all through voice commands and, unlike many others on this forum, it was FLAWLESS! I Love this car.

I have always been a Toyota fanboy, and I still am. But after having them for my past three cars, it was time for me to take a break. The new X, like all of Ford's recent updates, looked like an excellent choice for me and my family. I researched it from the roof down, as well as the rest of Ford's lineup. So now I am officially a Ford fan!

I am having MFT updated to 2.11 tomorrow, but as of now even with all of my phones contacts uploaded and me having streamed music from my Thunderbolt, the system has worked great for me. I am thoroughly pleased :)

(Sorry for not posting this in the new member area, I just thought this thread seemed like a good place to start)

Thanks! I posted my introduction post in the thread called "Just brought home our new explorer". Sorry :/

Didnt meen to post that ^

Congrat, you brave men. Definitely a great ride.

I'm still waiting and see how the MFT and Navigation issues are solved.

Congrat, you brave men. Definitely a great ride.

I'm still waiting and see how the MFT and Navigation issues are solved.

Mine has nav, it was something I had to have. Even with the reported issues. I have been using it all day and just got back from a night time test drive. I entered some favorite destinations, used it to guide us twice, looked up gas prices, used the weather map, and played songs from my iPhone both over USB and bluetooth.

Not one single crash, one quick stutter, but not sure if it was mft or the mp3. The navigation was great. I see people complain about how out of date the maps are, but what is odd is that two roads that opened in the past year or so are on it. So at least it seems up to date around us.

I have only logged about 3 hours in it now, but with how well mft has been working I am starting to suspect this isn't as system wide of an issue as some have made it seem. We will see!

Congrats all.

Its a great car and I'm very happy with my purchase. I've had mine just over 2 months now and I still enjoy driving it.

MFT isn't as bad as its made out to be - it has its bugs no doubt (which you will find - trust me), but keep in mind that folks come here because they have problems. .....

enjoy ! :)

And JOEDIRT - when are you going to take the plunge on an EX? You seem to be edging closer . . . ....

Back