My Gold & Black Sport Trac | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Gold & Black Sport Trac

whats the difference between a body lift and TT and Shackles

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

whats the difference between a body lift and TT and Shackles

** TT(Torsion Twist) - up to 2", downside no travel in suspension, only for the Front *Free except you need an alignment.

** Shackles- up to 2"?, *$40-65. Warrior makes a good pair for the Explorers. The Warrior model # is 153.
http://www.warriorproducts.com/catalog/TBL_LeafSpringShackleKit.html

** Body Lift- up to 3"?, downside body gaps. *$250+. Performance Accessories
http://www.performanceaccessories.com/catalog/ford.htm

With TT/Shackles you can get a cheap, easy 2 inches of lift (TT for front, Shackles for back). With the body lift you get 3 inches but you have to do a complicated install or pay for installation (really expensive).

Lots of people do all 3 for about 5 inches of lift all-around.

Hey Rhino, I also have a Gold ST, 2001.
I have 33x12.5 BFG a/t's that are waiting on my
PA Body Lift to come in the mail, but for some reason
I feel like your gold is different than my gold, heres a pic...

IMG_4393.jpg

IMG_4392.jpg

Let me know what you think, but you think the
Blacked out look with the Bumpers and Cladding
would look good, even if i kept the rims stock,
or what do you think I should do to make it
look good with the Black trim?

Thanks, Nice Trac BTDubs :thumbsup:

Hey Rhino, I also have a Gold ST, 2001.
I have 33x12.5 BFG a/t's that are waiting on my
PA Body Lift to come in the mail, but for some reason
I feel like your gold is different than my gold, heres a pic...

IMG_4393.jpg

IMG_4392.jpg

Let me know what you think, but you think the
Blacked out look with the Bumpers and Cladding
would look good, even if i kept the rims stock,
or what do you think I should do to make it
look good with the Black trim?

Thanks, Nice Trac BTDubs :thumbsup:

Hmm, I'm pretty sure it's just the lighting/cameras that make our Tracs look like different shades of gold. I think they are the same color. And yes, the blacked out look will look good with your stock rims. If you had the other style stock wheels than you might want to consider something else but those ones are pretty nice.

But now that I think about it, you said your new tires are 33x12.5. The only ones I've seen are 33x12.5x15 so you would have to get new 15" wheels anyway and can't use the 16" stocks.

Hmm, I'm pretty sure it's just the lighting/cameras that make our Tracs look like different shades of gold. I think they are the same color. And yes, the blacked out look will look good with your stock rims. If you had the other style stock wheels than you might want to consider something else but those ones are pretty nice.

But now that I think about it, you said your new tires are 33x12.5. The only ones I've seen are 33x12.5x15 so you would have to get new 15" wheels anyway and can't use the 16" stocks.

I have BFG a/t's that are 285/75/16, idk I'm used to saying 33's haha. so they'll fit these rims. Yeah if i had any other stock rim I would definitely switch, but I lucked out and got the good looking ones :D

But thanks, I think Ill try the black look on my bumpers and cladding, it worked out well on yours! What did you use on yours? I think I'll go the Krylon Fusion route, something cheap, and i don't plan on going hardcore off-roading to chip or mess it up..

Also, I might go with the 'Back to Black' on my bed-trim, grille, and my roof racks and whatever else needs it.

Here is a pic of someone from this forum I dont remember who, i just remember seeing this and I saved the pics on my computer. But he has the stock rims like mine and black cladding and bumpers:

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

I'm not sure whats on them though.

Here is a pic of someone from this forum I dont remember who, i just remember seeing this and I saved the pics on my computer. But he has the stock rims like mine and black cladding and bumpers:

I'm not sure whats on them though.

Yeah I actually still haven't painted my cladding. It's a newer Gen 1 ST (04) so it came with dark grey cladding instead of light grey and I just touched it up with some 'Mother's Back to Black' cream as seen on page 2. Here is a good link for painting the cladding: http://www.mysporttrac.com/mysporttrac/projects/PaintingCladding/PaintingCladding.htm

But yeah, yours will look nice like his in the end.

Haha honestly i think our tracs are 2 different color Golds.. or not idk i cant tell maybe its just all that black on yours making it look different
. but thanks, and that link should help! but i think ill wait until i put my body lift on, so i dont scratch anything up during that process.

I would love to know where you got those Explorer Sport Trac decals on the bed :)

Most decal shops can make them if they have a good image to go by, most have them on file. Blee can make them if needed. I can't make them becuase I can't seem to get a good image without any blemishes/ shadows, etc.. or I would.

Most decal shops can make them if they have a good image to go by, most have them on file. Blee can make them if needed. I can't make them becuase I can't seem to get a good image without any blemishes/ shadows, etc.. or I would.

haha I know! Get a new blade yet??

Could we get a better pic of the decal then!?

Back