• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Power Antenna Question

CamDJClimited

Reaction score
City, State
Southampton, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Ford Explorer Limite
My power antenna goes up and down just fine, but my radio reception is terrible! I know I have the cable hooked up right at the headunit, but I can't figure it out. Someone mentioned that the ground could be bad, but where is the powered antenna grounded?

And if anyone else has any other suggestions as to why I get poor radio reception, please let me know! I only get like 2 stations! I go in my dads car and I can get tons of stations.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

are you the cam on youtube? and sorry i wont be much of help here but maybe if ya try wiggling or moving the antenna around see if you get reception...if soi would take it out of there and grab a new one?? i really dont know i never listen to the radio bro

are you the cam on youtube? and sorry i wont be much of help here but maybe if ya try wiggling or moving the antenna around see if you get reception...if soi would take it out of there and grab a new one?? i really dont know i never listen to the radio bro

haha yes I am. And I tried that with no luck

How did you fix it? :dunno:

Ive noticed from all my Explorers, the antenna, even though it seems like its big enough to broadcast a radio signal, gets pretty poor reception. I miss my power antenna on my Sport though! I dont feel like paying $60+ for an aftermarket power one.

Anyways, how'd you fix it?

Hi Guys,
My wife has broken the antenna from the Explorer and I would like to buy a new one, but in Hungary it is not too easy :( Actually it was simple manual one but I would like to buy a power antenna - I always wanted to have one :)
I could buy an aftermarket antenna here in Hungary but I do not now the size.
Do you have any clue what physical size antenna (length and width) could fit into my (actually it is my wife's) car?
Thanks,
Z>

Back