The Ford Story Weirdness

VinceL

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Frisco, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
I tried to vote on a topic on The Ford Story tonight, and I couldn't log in.

I had to re-register to get on. Not only that, my two ideas that I had posted are now attributed the Nan H. ? What the hell is that about.

Also, when I vote on a topic, the counter never increments. Why is that?

Cory, Rebecca, do you guys have any ideas on this generalized weirdness?

Oh yeah, and another thing, what does the length of the green bar indicate next to the idea? I have seen ideas with only 2 or 3 votes have a big green bar, but those with 15 or more have none? That website is screwy!

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Couldn't get in either.

Oh yeah, and another thing, what does the length of the green bar indicate next to the idea? I have seen ideas with only 2 or 3 votes have a big green bar, but those with 15 or more have none? That website is screwy!
The green bar is "popularity" - which I'm assuming is a normalized indication of how many times a particular "story" has been viewed (by unique user).

Maybe the site is designed and built by the team from MFT?

The green bar is "popularity" - which I'm assuming is a normalized indication of how many times a particular "story" has been viewed (by unique user).

That makes sense. Thanks.

Hey guys!
I would try logging in again and checking to see if you’re still experiencing the “weirdness”. ;) I logged in using the “SIGN IN” button on the lower left corner of the screen just fine. Let me know if there’s any more strange occurrences. :)

Cory

Also, when I vote on a topic, the counter never increments. Why is that?
I have noticed the same thing every time I try to vote. Finally gave up on that site.

Notice how Cory and Rebecca gloss over any of the snarky comments from users :) I wonder if either of them have an explorer with MFT as their own daily vehicle.
They can only do so much themselves. I thank them for being as responsive as they are on many of the individual issues that occur.

They must have the patience of Job to be as nice as they are, yet remain active on this forum (no matter how deserving the sarcasm may be).

I can't get in either. Thought it was perhaps my last (un-posted) comment was to have Canadians complain to the Competition Bureau about Ford Canada advertising of Sync Services that we can't get.

Guess it wasn't just me though :)

I don't even go there anymore because my last two submissions were denied. Apparently I need to be more politically correct and less honest in how I phrase my thoughts. Maybe something like this: "The navigation system presents some interesting opportunities to reimagine my thought process during my time behind the wheel."

I don't even go there anymore because my last two submissions were denied. Apparently I need to be more politically correct and less honest in how I phrase my thoughts. Maybe something like this: "The navigation system presents some interesting opportunities to reimagine my thought process during my time behind the wheel."

Did they actually tell you that the submissions were denied?

Notice how Cory and Rebecca gloss over any of the snarky comments from users :) I wonder if either of them have an explorer with MFT as their own daily vehicle.
w1kedz,
It’s never my intent to gloss over comments, and there’s a whole team of engineers working to improve the system.

I have noticed the same thing every time I try to vote. Finally gave up on that site.
I can't get in either...
peterk9 & calb,
I’ve forwarded this to find out what I can about any possible issues with TheFordStory.com. I’ll post as soon as I hear something back.

They can only do so much themselves. I thank them for being as responsive as they are on many of the individual issues that occur...
artnalex,
Thanks! I really love the sense of humor and the community on this forum! It makes my job a lot easier. :D

Cory

Back