my 92 X "personality disorder" | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

my 92 X "personality disorder"

I have been on here close to a year now and just now getting around to putting my X in the registry. Honestly because I thought you had to be elite to post pics.

Here's my photos when I got it:
SU1HMDAxMTAtMjAxMDEyMjQtMTIxOS5qcGc.jpg

SU1HMDAxMDgtMjAxMDEyMjQtMTIxOC5qcGc.jpg

Yes it's filthy, but clean(er) now.
And how it looks now:
CIMG0176.jpg

The door molding no longer exists.
CIMG0178.jpg

My interior now:
CIMG0174.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks great man, would look better covered in mud though

surprised no one commented on my crappy lookin paint job.

Or did I not post the pics right?

what was the total cost of your paint job.

Looks great man, would look better covered in mud though

It's 2wd and my DD.... sorry not into tearing up my only ride to and from work. :)

Cause right now it's making me extra money by being a pizza delivery truck.

what was the total cost of your paint job.

$50 give or take.... it isn't perfect by any means, but it got it all to mostly one color.

The limited bumper was typical 94 green, the doors were a 91 brown/bronze and tan, the rest of the truck was the faded red.

It's 2wd and my DD.... sorry not into tearing up my only ride to and from work. :)

Cause right now it's making me extra money by being a pizza delivery truck.

Oh pish posh. there isnt anything safer than taking your only car offroad where horrible horrible things can happen.

who said you had to take it off road??

just piss off the neighbor hood kids and have some mud availble and they will cover it for you! LOL

Oh pish posh. there isnt anything safer than taking your only car offroad where horrible horrible things can happen.

LMAO...:D

who said you had to take it off road??

just piss off the neighbor hood kids and have some mud availble and they will cover it for you! LOL

I kinda live in a ghetto.... the neighborhood kids would be more apt to steal my stock wheels than cover it in mud. It's not that I live in a "hood" so to speak as much as there's some questionable folks living around me, so I just keep to myself.

better than not to piss anyone off.

the flat black paint may work better for you at night. they may not see it when thier looking for something to break into.

better than not to piss anyone off.

the flat black paint may work better for you at night. they may not see it when thier looking for something to break into.

hahaha.... night camo!!!

my overall goal is to finish the EB theme (since most of it is that way) and do a gloss black and tan. (I found this color kinda rare on a first gen).

nice x u got there

In case anyone missed my front personalized tag here it is:
SU1HMDAxMDktMjAxMDEyMjQtMTIxOS5qcGc.jpg

If there is any question as to what my tag implies here's the sticker on the back to help you out:
SU1HMDAwOTEtMjAxMDEyMjMtMTE0OC5qcGc.jpg

This particular 10th Mountain is from Ft. Drum, NY (there is also a brigade in Ft. Polk, LA)
BCT stands for Brigade Combat Team

I figured I'd post an update.... I will have to post pics later, but the only major change is swapping wheels. I got rid of the ones in the pics for gen2 teardrop wheels.

As for running.... still chugging along... 217k now, just changed to mobil1 full synthetic with a motorcraft filter. Drove it to Oklahoma from Kentucky/ Tennessee and got 21.5 mpg.

Wheel pic:
037.jpg

Time for another update, I'm approaching 221k soon. All is well.

I have done a few things to the truck.... here is one item, a cup holder assembly from a late 90's mazda ranger :)
cupholderedited.png

next I deleted the body molding from the sides and replaced it with gen 2 lettering,(it isn't perfect so it will get redone):
103.jpg

Time for yet another project within my project:

I found a warning system at the local pick n pull today, it is from an 86 Bronco II, I will need some wiring help here I did cut the wires after the connectors so as to make it a little easier. Here she is:
106.jpg

107.jpg

108.jpg

Ford low fuel warning module:
109.jpg

Wiring to the module:
110.jpg

The plan is to mount the warning system within the black plastic section ahead of the shifter.

Hmmm. You will need a wiring schematic for the Bronco Jeremy. I'm guessing the wires that go from the fuel sender to the gauge feed that module as well. The washer fluid requires the sensor from the Bronco's washer tank, I would have to see the wiring for the Bronco to figure out how the module realizes that the head light or tail light is out.

I like the Gen 2 wheels, they 16"?

Still working on getting you a plate too. I haven't forgotten.

Hmmm. You will need a wiring schematic for the Bronco Jeremy. I'm guessing the wires that go from the fuel sender to the gauge feed that module as well. The washer fluid requires the sensor from the Bronco's washer tank, I would have to see the wiring for the Bronco to figure out how the module realizes that the head light or tail light is out.

I like the Gen 2 wheels, they 16"?

Still working on getting you a plate too. I haven't forgotten.

Ok, sounds like it is time to hit up the bronco II again for some sensors.

Wheels are 15"

I had kinda forgotten about the plate LOL :)

Well it has been a year (today) since I did my clutch replacement, I have put 20,300 miles on my truck.

A majority of it was pizza delivery, rest traveling to an from work or close family relatives, and one trip out of state to visit family.

In the year since the clutch, I have invested in:
2 thermostats
u-joints
transmission mount
used set of tires 5 total incl spare
numerous oil changes

I say not bad for a year of hard use.

The clutch I used was off ebay listed as a heavy duty clutch and a brand new motorcraft slave cylinder from forum member fordsvtparts through his dealership in MN.

I still have other things I need to address on the truck that needs dire replacement:
shocks (still factory date stamped 112791)
windshield (cracked)

Stuff that needs attention soon:
brakes/wheel bearings need to be done
need better tires
should address the steering linkages/ rod ends

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Another update:

I finally found 2 decent limited fog lights to complete the front end look.

And I swapped out the flowmaster for a magnaflow today the sound is sooo much better. No more drone. The magnaflow muffler I got was the 4x9 oval style muffler.

Back