flip down sun visor

Wills05xlt4x4

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ashland Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Xlt 4x4
So I know my x was a "demo" model in the showroom for everyone to touch..
That being said I think its where my problem comes from...
Problem- when I flip down visor the darn mirror door WILL NOT stay shut and after a bump in the road it has dropped into my view... It's frustrating because I can't use the sun visor because it blocks my view( unless its IN MY FACE!! Or not flipped down just a little bit....it looks as if that door over mirror comes off but I'm kinda thinking I'm going to need a new complete visor to replace whole thing...
It wont even stay open for me to check my hair lol

Thanks,
Will

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i had the same problem i lessened it but it sorta came back, if you disassemble the visor there will be a set of little metal springs, on mine these broke the plastic piece that opens and holds against the spring to stay open
gimme some time ill try to get you a few pics

items you will need to complete this:

razon blade
super glue
#1 philips (maybe #2)
time

first pull the visor to an open position
second be safe but open the vanity lights
2011-11-02194850-1.jpg

third uses screw driver to take out the screws
2011-11-02194755-1.jpg

forth be carefull not to touch wires together but take vanity out
2011-11-02195311-1.jpg

fifth look at metal springs
2011-11-02195442-1.jpg

if it yours are like mine were the plastic where the black stuff on mine are will be cracked
sixth pull metal spring things out
seventh glue that back together
eighth let dry
ninth put back together carefully
if squeaky from glue put nail polish remover on to loosen the glue so it'll open wipe away excess
any questions ask i'll try to help

Thank you college student this is exactly what I was looking for I was as you are with the rear seat reclining... Hate to break it if I wasn't sure thx again
dont know but would like to ask
where did you get your transmission pan with dip stick?
I haven't bought it yet but its for a mustang if you research "the electrician" his build thread he got one and shows lots of good pics as well as part numbers
Ronnin has also bought but not yet installed one...

yeah i'll still try to figure that out too

i inadvertently went with plan 'B' just broke the thing off. Light stays off without the flip thing, no light however. It wasn't a big deal to me. My driver's visor broke, they are hard to find and expensive.. . .

i inadvertently went with plan 'B' just broke the thing off. Light stays off without the flip thing, no light however. It wasn't a big deal to me. My driver's visor broke, they are hard to find and expensive.. . .

sounds like time to go to the junk yard

and i forgot to mention why not to touch the wires on the vanity lights, if you accidently touch the wires then you short the system and blow a fuse which happens to also control the radio

sounds like time to go to the junk yard
did that, nothing to be found. . . it must be a very popular item for some reason - lol. fleabay will have them every now then but still pricey dealer isn't far off.

My question if anyone found out, what other makes and models fit or come close. Mounties, Avi's should, but what about escapes? might help widen the selection.

Back