Furious with Ford Canada | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Furious with Ford Canada

calb

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 AWD Explorer Limited
I'm at the point where I'm ready to call my dealer and cancel the purchase of the 2012 Explorer Limited I ordered, and pay for a couple press releases as to why I'm not buying Ford - maybe that'll wake them up?! This is all due to my frustration with customer service (or lack thereof) at Ford Canada. Maybe someone here can tell me why I'm wrong?

I wrote to Ford Canada to ask the simple question as to whether I could obtain the Employee Pricing Promotion along with consumer incentives at the time of delivery (as opposed to time of order being placed). This is the second time. The first time the answer was completely unsatisfactory (ie. we don't know and/or we can't tell you). I'd already told my dealership this was the way I was going, they didn't seem aware I could do it, but didn't object either. Why should they? These incentives are from Ford Canada.

The Ford Canada advertisement had wording that in my view clearly said I could do this, and yet I'd heard from members on these forums, that they were unable to do so. I wanted to straighten this out well before taking delivery next month.

So ... Ford Canada called me at my office, asked for my personal information, asked for a vehicle VIN, asked for dealership .... and said I had to talk to dealership about this. I pointed out it was a FORD CANADA advertisement I was reading (from their website). But no .... there might be something in the contract. I pointed out that this has nothing to do with my contract with the dealership, but with my contractual relationship with Ford Canada as these were Ford Canada's incentives, offered on Ford Canada's website.

Sorry we can't help you Mr Bruner, you need to speak to dealership's sales manager. Well ... I call bullsh*t.

Ford Canada placed the advertisement, and Ford Canada can't confirm the terms of THEIR OWN PROMOTIONS?

I know ... I'll cool down ... maybe ... but at the moment I am furious with Ford Canada and don't even want to do business with them. What am I going to do if I have issues with the vehicle and/or the dealer? Are they always going to refer me to the dealer!! Why does Ford Canada even pretend to have customer service?!

I've dealt with Ford Canada 4 times so far and NOT ONCE have I received anything approaching a satisfactory response. Not once!

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW I'm MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cancel your order.

Buy it through a friend in the US and save big $$$$ and get SYNC Services fully functional, as apposed to the Canadian version.

Used is no issue but if you buy new you need to register/licence in the US for 6 months with a US address.

I'm at the point where I'm ready to call my dealer and cancel the purchase of the 2012 Explorer Limited I ordered, and pay for a couple press releases as to why I'm not buying Ford - maybe that'll wake them up?! This is all due to my frustration with customer service (or lack thereof) at Ford Canada. Maybe someone here can tell me why I'm wrong?

I wrote to Ford Canada to ask the simple question as to whether I could obtain the Employee Pricing Promotion along with consumer incentives at the time of delivery (as opposed to time of order being placed). This is the second time. The first time the answer was completely unsatisfactory (ie. we don't know and/or we can't tell you). I'd already told my dealership this was the way I was going, they didn't seem aware I could do it, but didn't object either. Why should they? These incentives are from Ford Canada.

The Ford Canada advertisement had wording that in my view clearly said I could do this, and yet I'd heard from members on these forums, that they were unable to do so. I wanted to straighten this out well before taking delivery next month.

So ... Ford Canada called me at my office, asked for my personal information, asked for a vehicle VIN, asked for dealership .... and said I had to talk to dealership about this. I pointed out it was a FORD CANADA advertisement I was reading (from their website). But no .... there might be something in the contract. I pointed out that this has nothing to do with my contract with the dealership, but with my contractual relationship with Ford Canada as these were Ford Canada's incentives, offered on Ford Canada's website.

Sorry we can't help you Mr Bruner, you need to speak to dealership's sales manager. Well ... I call bullsh*t.

Ford Canada placed the advertisement, and Ford Canada can't confirm the terms of THEIR OWN PROMOTIONS?

I know ... I'll cool down ... maybe ... but at the moment I am furious with Ford Canada and don't even want to do business with them. What am I going to do if I have issues with the vehicle and/or the dealer? Are they always going to refer me to the dealer!! Why does Ford Canada even pretend to have customer service?!

I've dealt with Ford Canada 4 times so far and NOT ONCE have I received anything approaching a satisfactory response. Not once!

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW I'm MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have you cooled down any?
I think you are guaranteed the Employee Pricing Discount, are you not?
The bigger question is, Can you combine it with a current promotion when the Ex is delivered in December. It is possible that some dealers run their own promotions. I received a mailing today from a local dealership, not the one I got the Ex from, and they have something called a coupon worth $250 of an ESP plan and $250 of a Ford Maintenance Plan as well a note to ask about their 'Civil Servant' special pricing. I haven't seen that in any of the local papers.
Perhaps I'll try calling Ford Canada tomorrow and see if they can give me any kind of positive answer to your question.

Peter

Sgt1411 - if I cancel the order I'll look at something other than Ford entirely. The problem is that no matter where I purchase from Ford, I'd still have Ford Canada to deal with, who at this time I have serious issues with.

For what it's worth, I think my pricing is down close to the US level with the employee pricing and Costco, which I have regardless.

Have you cooled down any?
I think you are guaranteed the Employee Pricing Discount, are you not?
The bigger question is, Can you combine it with a current promotion when the Ex is delivered in December. It is possible that some dealers run their own promotions. I received a mailing today from a local dealership, not the one I got the Ex from, and they have something called a coupon worth $250 of an ESP plan and $250 of a Ford Maintenance Plan as well a note to ask about their 'Civil Servant' special pricing. I haven't seen that in any of the local papers.
Perhaps I'll try calling Ford Canada tomorrow and see if they can give me any kind of positive answer to your question.

Peter

I'm still honestly very angry. I have customer service units and there is no way they'd not just once, but twice (after first time they received an email pointing out that I wasn't happy that they weren't answering the question) refuse to answer what I view as a straightforward question based entirely on Ford Canada's advertising and terms. At worst they'd have escalated the question up and it would eventually end up on my desk.

I'm still questioning my purchase of a vehicle from Ford Canada, and putting out a press release on how Ford Canada deals with customer questions, why I'm no longer buying an Explorer, and why consumers may want to consider alternative manufacturers.

Cancelling, negotiating again for another vehicle, pissing off a Ford dealer that is not at fault, and putting out press releases all involve work. I don't need the extra work, but yeah, I am still that " " close.

You are correct, that I'm guaranteed employee pricing and Costco discount.

You also have the question right. Can I combine the employee pricing (not Costco) with any "Ford Canada" incentives available in December. I made it quite clear that the only incentives I was talking about were Costco, interest rates, and Winter Tires, if available.

I'd be shocked at this stage if you got an answer (maybe it's my bedside manner?) but I'd love to hear if you are able to.

Calm down already Calb.....If the Employee discount pricing program was active at the time you placed your order....you qualify. Ford Canada is correct in stating that you need to work with/confirm with your dealer. I placed my order during the promotion and took delivery after the fact...all my negotiations included the employee discounts up front and were clearly identified on the bill of sale. I didn't even consider contacting Ford Canada as my dealer confirmed to me then and there that I qualified for the discounts. Sounds like you have a numbskull for a salesman if he didn't/couldn't/wouldn't advise you right from the get go.

Your frustration with Ford Canada is completely unwarranted and misdirected.

Calm down already Calb.....If the Employee discount pricing program was active at the time you placed your order....you qualify. Ford Canada is correct in stating that you need to work with/confirm with your dealer. I placed my order during the promotion and took delivery after the fact...all my negotiations included the employee discounts up front and were clearly identified on the bill of sale. I didn't even consider contacting Ford Canada as my dealer confirmed to me then and there that I qualified for the discounts. Sounds like you have a numbskull for a salesman if he didn't/couldn't/wouldn't advise you right from the get go.

Your frustration with Ford Canada is completely unwarranted and misdirected.

HughCares - My purchase shows all the discounts at the time of ordering. Ford Canada (on their website) says customers can combine employee pricing with discounts available at the time of delivery. Dealer can't put the incentives in for the time of delivery, as those incentives aren't known, and neither is my time of deliver.

Ford Canada simply needed to clarify whether my understanding of the wording in Ford Canada's advertisement was correct. Ford Canada is who I'm rightfully angry with, provided completed non-answers, and now refer me back to the dealer.

I'm calm(er). I'm still very angry with Ford Canada though, and am VERY concerned that on a new vehicle like the Explorer which is more likely to experience issues, I can't rely on Ford Canada for anything.

Then do yourself a favor and cancel the order. If you're not 100% comfortable, every little thing will bug you. Cancel it.

Then do yourself a favor and cancel the order. If you're not 100% comfortable, every little thing will bug you. Cancel it.

Joe - you may very well be right, although I am not generally an "every little thing" guy. That being said I spent a lot of time thinking about just that, and then discussed just that with my wife. My wife wants the Ex.

I am almost indifferent as to getting an Ex at this point, due to my feelings about Ford Canada. Hopefully I'll feel better about this on delivery in December and hopefully I'll never be in a position where I have to deal with Ford Canada again.

I'll sell you my US Explorer! It's white with tan interior, Limited, AWD, Tow pkg. Buy it now and I'll include, free of charge, this unpublished standard feature: an annoying non-existant (or normal, depending on which Ford person you ask) vibration.

Hey Calib, the reason you cannot combine the employee pricing with current incentives is because employee pricing has expired.

You can combine the employee pricing with incentives that were available at time of purchase or pick up, provided employee pricing is still valid (June 16 - Sept 30), which it is not. See legal below.

I purchased around the same time as you so I could benefit from both Costco, Employee Pricing and my dealer discount. I picked up my new explorer and I got the price negotiated in September.

I couldn't be happier with my new X except for the DISO on the black pillars.

"Ford Employee Pricing ("Employee Pricing") is available from June 16, 2011 to September 30, 2011 (the "Program Period") on the purchase or lease of most new 2011/2012 Ford/Lincoln vehicles (excluding all chassis cab and cutaway body models, F-150 Raptor and Mustang BOSS 302). Employee Pricing refers to A-Plan pricing ordinarily available to Ford employees (excluding any CAW negotiated programs). The new vehicle must be delivered or factory ordered during the Program Period. This offer can be used in conjunction with most retail consumer offers made available by Ford at either the time of factory order or delivery, but not both. Employee Pricing is not combinable with CPA, GPC, CFIP, Daily Rental Allowance and A/X/Z/D/F-Plan programs"

Hey Calib, the reason you cannot combine the employee pricing with current incentives is because employee pricing has expired.

You can combine the employee pricing with incentives that were available at time of purchase or pick up, provided employee pricing is still valid (June 16 - Sept 30), which it is not. See legal below.

I purchased around the same time as you so I could benefit from both Costco, Employee Pricing and my dealer discount. I picked up my new explorer and I got the price negotiated in September.

I couldn't be happier with my new X except for the DISO on the black pillars.

"Ford Employee Pricing ("Employee Pricing") is available from June 16, 2011 to September 30, 2011 (the "Program Period") on the purchase or lease of most new 2011/2012 Ford/Lincoln vehicles (excluding all chassis cab and cutaway body models, F-150 Raptor and Mustang BOSS 302). Employee Pricing refers to A-Plan pricing ordinarily available to Ford employees (excluding any CAW negotiated programs). The new vehicle must be delivered or factory ordered during the Program Period. This offer can be used in conjunction with most retail consumer offers made available by Ford at either the time of factory order or delivery, but not both. Employee Pricing is not combinable with CPA, GPC, CFIP, Daily Rental Allowance and A/X/Z/D/F-Plan programs"

If you are correct, I wish Ford Canada could have at least had the courtesy to provide that answer. That would have made a world of difference in my view of Ford Canada. On re-reading this though, I did come to a different conclusion than yourself.

If a vehicle is either delivered or factory ordered during the "Program Period" it qualifies. Taking delivery outside the program period does not disqualify you from Employee Pricing. I think so far you'd agree with me as you ordered your vehicle during the factory period and took delivery outside the Program Period?

The next sentence of their terms states "This offer can be used in conjunction with most retail consumer offers made available by Ford at either the time of factory order or delivery, but not both."

The "offer" is the Employee Pricing, and it doesn't say it is combinable only with incentives available during the "Program Period". If it had, you would be absolutely correct. I've already met the Employee Pricing program requirements and it specifically says that Employee Pricing is combinable with incentives at time of delivery.

Anyway - that was/is my reading. for what it is worth I very much appreciate your response. If I've screwed up in my reading, please let me know.

I'll sell you my US Explorer! It's white with tan interior, Limited, AWD, Tow pkg. Buy it now and I'll include, free of charge, this unpublished standard feature: an annoying non-existant (or normal, depending on which Ford person you ask) vibration.

Randy - thanks :) For what it is worth I think Ford US's support stands far ahead of Ford Canada though - at least you can get escalated. :)

Up there it would be "escalEHted" :D

Hey guys,

A big thanks to everyone taking the time to help. :)

...Anyway - that was/is my reading. for what it is worth I very much appreciate your response. If I've screwed up in my reading, please let me know.
Calb,

I sent you a PM about this. Please check your inbox for the details. :D

Cory

Cory - thank you - I've responded.

Okay - so there is a happy ending to this story, and I'm feeling much better about Ford Canada.

I'd copied a higher up at Ford on my email to Ford asking about incentives, and I received a call from a gentleman at Ford Canada who took the time to walk me through the incentive program. He was very good at what he does, having not only all the facts before the call (and then some, to my surprise) but also able to provide an answer.

I'm still disappointed that this couldn't be dealt with on the first two go rounds, but Ford Canada's customer service is constrained from answering where the answer might get in the way of a dealer; policy is to refer incentive questions back to the dealer. I understand that, although I was trying to be clear this was simply to do with Ford Canada's ad. So be it.

The short answer to my original question is that yes, you can obtain the discounts at time of delivery (as an alternative to the time of ordering) along with employee pricing. Just be sure you know what discounts might be available.

Hope that helps a few others out there, who I know are looking at this program.

Okay - so there is a happy ending to this story, and I'm feeling much better about Ford Canada.

I'd copied a higher up at Ford on my email to Ford asking about incentives, and I received a call from a gentleman at Ford Canada who took the time to walk me through the incentive program. He was very good at what he does, having not only all the facts before the call (and then some, to my surprise) but also able to provide an answer.

I'm still disappointed that this couldn't be dealt with on the first two go rounds, but Ford Canada's customer service is constrained from answering where the answer might get in the way of a dealer; policy is to refer incentive questions back to the dealer. I understand that, although I was trying to be clear this was simply to do with Ford Canada's ad. So be it.

The short answer to my original question is that yes, you can obtain the discounts at time of delivery (as an alternative to the time of ordering) along with employee pricing. Just be sure you know what discounts might be available.

Hope that helps a few others out there, who I know are looking at this program.

So you got A Plan pricing from the date you ordered and can now add the $1000 Costco cash?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, I always had the A Plan pricing and Costco (it was there when I ordered).

The question will be, on delivery in December, do I drop Costco and take the new incentives at that time (which may again include Costco). I can choose whether the incentives that go with A Plan are from order date or delivery date.

One comment that was made, was that the Winter Tire Promotion was only available at the time of purchase. I'm not sure I've technically purchased till it is all paid, but I take their point. That being said, this comment might have been because the program ends in November. I'll figure that out when I take delivery.

Back