AM Radio When Power Off/ USB When Start Again?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

AM Radio When Power Off/ USB When Start Again??

pwscott

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Windsor County, VT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Silver Explorer ST
Callsign
N3KDJ
I have seen this mentioned here before. I leave my iPod plugged into the USB1 on the Ex and wish it wouldn't start up every time I power cycle. For example, I parked the car this AM and was listening to an AM HD radio station in preset 2. When I started the car after a stop in a store the iPod starts playing...seems to start with first song alphabetically or one in that range it had started on before.

Anybody get theirs to power up with the 'last thing you had switched to'??

I don't have HD radio, but mine does this all the time. A bit annoying.

Last Source

I don't have HD radio, but mine does this all the time. A bit annoying.

Yes, it is annoying. Let's hope that gets resolved too with the new build of the MFT.;)

I have noticed a couple of oddities with my IPOD touch. I listen to downloaded books so its pretty important to keep my place. This is what works:

1. If I keep the audio on USB and keep the IPOD plugged in when I stop the car, the sytem will keep my place on restart. It doesn't matter if I pause the audio, turn it off or leave it on as long as I do not unplug from the USB port.

2. If I unplug the IPOD, I have to start the car, turn on the radio and then plug in. The system finds the IPOD and begins where I left off. If I don't do things in that order, it does random things such as start at the first song, fail to find the IPOD or even lock up the entire system. At that point I unplug the USB, turn off the car and proceed in the correct order. My book resumes at the correct point.

Back