V2.11 MFT Update Available on SYNCMyRide.com | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

V2.11 MFT Update Available on SYNCMyRide.com

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tried it again today, there's definitely a major problem with my navigation system now. Any time I say "find address" it crashes it immediately.

Tried it again today, there's definitely a major problem with my navigation system now. Any time I say "find address" it crashes it immediately.

Please send me your VIN in a private message so I can look into this for you.

Thanks!

Rebecca

When I go to syncmyride.com and login, it does not give me an option to download the new 2.11 version of sync. My Explorer is a 2011 and is on version 2.7. Any ideas or help?

Eric

I'm on 2.8, just went to the page, and I don't see the 2.11 update either.

When I go to syncmyride.com and login, it does not give me an option to download the new 2.11 version of sync. My Explorer is a 2011 and is on version 2.7. Any ideas or help?

Eric

Have you guys used the Sync status checker tool? Try that, it may help. If not, it's possible the update was pulled for the time being.

Eric

The 2.11 self-install update is currently not available. Support is currently working to resolve the issue, but we don't have an ETA at this time. Please stay tuned for more info. We will advise once the self-install update becomes available again.

Dealerships are still able to install the software. If you can wait for this to be fixed on our website, I will post again when it's available, if not please see your dealer.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

Rebecca

I got the download the other day.
I am wondering where is the APIM module located? Behind the glovebox or some place like that? Since I will be getting my 3rd one I was just wondering. I have been without IVT MFT etc for over a week. Of course the dealer does not have one in stock and it has been ordered for 2 days. Amazing with all the troubles on this that there is none in stock. Brand new it did not work, one month later it was changed and it was intermittent at best until last week when it died again.

Judging from the size of it, it's quite possible it is behind the stereo controls or lower, behind the usb ports. It's just a guess, but since the service connection and both usb ports are next to each other I would bet that the APIM is in pretty close proximity.

I got the download the other day.
I am wondering where is the APIM module located? Behind the glovebox or some place like that? Since I will be getting my 3rd one I was just wondering. I have been without IVT MFT etc for over a week. Of course the dealer does not have one in stock and it has been ordered for 2 days. Amazing with all the troubles on this that there is none in stock. Brand new it did not work, one month later it was changed and it was intermittent at best until last week when it died again.

On my second replacement I watched the guy for a bit and he did have the front off the radio. I don't remember anything being done down below.

I have the 2.11 update on my USB stick but I just don't have anything to use it with. Really frustrating.

Judging from the size of it, it's quite possible it is behind the stereo controls or lower, behind the usb ports. It's just a guess, but since the service connection and both usb ports are next to each other I would bet that the APIM is in pretty close proximity.

2.4 and all is well.

I still have 2.4 with no problems. What are the benefits of an update? Or should I stay with what I have and go by the old saying...If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

V2.11 fix issues with my clock (random time errors), handling of USB stick music (was having random pause problems), and set system so it defaults to last home menu you select (rather than always back to 4 quad menu. Works much better for me.

I still have 2.4 with no problems. What are the benefits of an update? Or should I stay with what I have and go by the old saying...If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Blueflame16 -

If you would like to wait until the self-install version is available again, you can; however, I do suggest getting 2.11 at some point in the near future. Let me know if you have any questions!

Rebecca

The 2.11 self-install update is currently not available. Support is working to resolve the issue, but we don't have an ETA at this time. Please stay tuned for more info. I will advise once the self-install update becomes available again.

Dealerships are still able to install the software. If you can wait for this to be fixed on our website, I will post again when it's available, if not please see your dealer.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

Rebecca

Well on week 2 without any use of the radio, nav, bluetooth etc. I am bitter yes.
Monday hopefully they will replace my 3rd APIM module.
You folks don't know how lucky you are not to have to sit in a dealership for 1/2 day to get your radio to work. I wonder if I am the only one to have to replace this module?
If not I wonder why a large dealer does not have any in stock? It took a week to get it despite them telling me they would have it in 2 days. FORD I used to love you. My inital quality POOR and gone down hill from there.

I am still wondering what the location of the APIM module is? No one has confirmed it.

Good news!

The 2.11 self-install update is back online! Just follow the links and instructions in my original post and let me know if you have any questions :)

Well on week 2 without any use of the radio, nav, bluetooth etc. I am bitter yes.
You folks don't know how lucky you are not to have to sit in a dealership for 1/2 day to get your radio to work. I wonder if I am the only one to have to replace this module?
If not I wonder why a large dealer does not have any in stock? It took a week to get it despite them telling me they would have it in 2 days. FORD I used to love you. My inital quality POOR and gone down hill from there.

I am still wondering what the location of the APIM module is? No one has confirmed it.

gcr33,

I'm sorry you feel this way but I suggest you continue working with your dealership. They will be able to answer your questions and help you the best. If you are still having problems after they replace your APIM, please don't hesitate to contact me!

Rebecca

Monday hopefully they will replace my 3rd APIM module..

This is really a shame. I hope you kept your documentation on repairs, etc. If it does not work again it may be time for the Lemon Law. The only real way for customers to fight back.

Good Luck!

My understanding is the APIM module is located behind and/or integrated with the touchscreen. This is based upon a thread here that showed pictures of an Explorer that was cut in half by Ford which was on display at an auto show. Also based on www.fordparts.com

I just received the update e-mail and I downloaded the file to a clean 1GB USB stick. I ran the installation and it said it completed but nothing seems to have changed. I watched a video showing the updated screens and I still see the old screen version. Do I need to re-install the update again?

I just received the update e-mail and I downloaded the file to a clean 1GB USB stick. I ran the installation and it said it completed but nothing seems to have changed. I watched a video showing the updated screens and I still see the old screen version. Do I need to re-install the update again?

Hi, flyleclair!

Version 2.11 won't change the look of your screens. That portion of the email is referring to the Performance Upgrade coming this spring. If you would like, send me your VIN in a private message and I will check to see what version of software we show you have.

Rebecca

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

FordIVTteam said:
Hi, flyleclair!

Version 2.11 won't change the look of your screens. That portion of the email is referring to the Performance Upgrade coming this spring. If you would like, send me your VIN in a private message and I will check to see what version of software we show you have.

Rebecca

Spring? I thought it was coming out in January.

Back