For Sale - 5.0 V8 Explorer Express Supercharger kit, Tons of Extras!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale 5.0 V8 Explorer Express Supercharger kit, Tons of Extras!!!

For sale I have a Explorer Express Supercharger Kit for 1996-2001 Ford Explorer's with the 5.0 V-8. Obviously this kit will work on any 5.0 with explorer FEAD and running coil packs.

This kit is NO LONGER IN PRODUCTION, and this is most likely the LOWEST mileage kit out there.

I purchased this kit early this spring for my V-8 swapped Ranger from a member of a Ranger forum. He purchased it BRAND NEW in Spring of 2009 and ended up going a different route and never used the kit (Pictures of the kit when new below). The engine I installed it on was a 1998 5.0, in a 1998 ranger, install was EXTREMELY smooth and painless. I've put about 3,000 miles on the setup, and it hasn't missed a beat minus a Crank sensor that failed on me (this is obviously not due to the blower).

The Explorer Express kit includes:
Front Accessory Brackets
Custom Upper Intake Manifold
MP90 Magnusson designed supercharger (Don't be fooled by it being an M90, it holds boost strong with a cam without problems up to 6000RPM)
Custom intake elbow to work with an OEM Explorer "Intake Turn"
2.3" (5PSI) Keyed supercharger pulley (Not a press on, can removed with a regular old Pulley-Puller.)

This kit was purchased with an MSRP of $3800 new and is no longer made!!!

I'm obviously not asking $3300 for JUST the kit, despite it being out of production, and most likely the lowest mileage example, because I have purchased a number of components to ensure safe running of this kit that I'm including WITH it as well.

WITH THE KIT, I'm including:
255LPH Walbro fuel pump
30lb fuel injectors
2.0" (8PSI) Supercharger pulley
A/C Delete Serpentine belt
AEM UEGO Wideband A:F Gauge and sensor
AutoMeter "Phantom" Boost Gauge (White faced, green light, matches the Sport clusters)
2 pod A-Pillar gauge mount for 95-01 Explorer's, and 1995+ Rangers)
The original install manual, and a CD with the manual in scanned PDF Form.
An OEM 5.0 Explorer lower intake manifold (Blower is already installed, sealed, etc, etc on this manifold, so you can just drop it onto your engine, I've taken care of all the rest by leaving it on the manifold).

My truck Dyno'ed 250whp/300wtq with:
5PSI
30lb injectors
255 Walbro
K+N Panel filter in OEM box
Catless exhaust (OEM headers)

Between me buying a "Summer Car" last month (2006 Mustang GT Convertible), which involves taking on a car payment, I've come to accept that I cannot have 2 money pits in spring next year while I'm house hunting.

Located in Warrenville IL, 60555. I can ship the kit for another $100 anywhere within the continental US.

Thank You,
Dan.

IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

28044712.jpg

EE-3-1.jpg

EE-2-1.jpg

EE-1-1.jpg

d268d38b.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where are you located?

Where are you located?

I'm in Lisle IL, the trans and all my other goodies are stored in my step fathers garage in Warrenville IL 60555.

Back up top!

Bump!

Trans and cooler gone, Supercharger kit up for grabs now!

Maaan I wish I had some extra $$$, been really thinkin bout a supercharger setup. Somebody buy this before I start sellin things I REALLY need.

I'm working on having the thread titled updated just for those curious,

Maaan I wish I had some extra $$$, been really thinkin bout a supercharger setup. Somebody buy this before I start sellin things I REALLY need.

I can't say enough good things about this kit, the torque peak was nearly immediate (about 3K RPM), and it held strong all the way to redline (Only lost maybe 25tq by redline down from peak on the dyno, wish I could find the damn chart). With 8PSI I'm sure it is even better, I ran the 8PSI Pulley on my truck with a cam and supporting mods and it was a SCREAMER, but I have other priorities, and just bought a mustang :p:.

Pickle would love this, however, I am a flat broke immigrant, and unless you have lay-away, which I'm sure you don't. I can only offer payment in sexual favours and let's face it, neither of us want that...

so, good luck... and free bump...

Si

Pickle would love this, however, I am a flat broke immigrant, and unless you have lay-away, which I'm sure you don't. I can only offer payment in sexual favours and let's face it, neither of us want that...

so, good luck... and free bump...

Si

You could always take a mortgage out on your soul right? ;)

You could always take a mortgage out on your soul right? ;)

Pickle already owns my soul... .and won't let me have it back... I'll get saving!

Si

Pickle already owns my soul... .and won't let me have it back... I'll get saving!

Si

Tax season is just around the corner ;)

Tax season is just around the corner ;)

That's a good point. Would this work with a stock cam? What kinda fuel milage we talking?

That's a good point. Would this work with a stock cam? What kinda fuel milage we talking?

I used it with a stock cam last season, the kit was designed to be mounted on a bone-stock explorer motor, only gets better with supporting mods :thumbsup:

My rangers MPG actually INCREASED with the supercharger, don't ask me how that worked since it didn't weigh ****. I bet in an explorer it could help as well since it gives you GOBS of torque down low to help get your truck moving with less throttle.

I got 14mph or so romping around in town (16 if i kept my foot out of it), but managed to squeak out nearly 20 (19.8) doing 75 on the highway home from the racetrack with a 4.10 rear gear!!!!

PMs replied!

Mini-Bump

Taking into consideration that it ISN'T tax season yet, I'll put it up for $3000 shipped to your door!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

damn it. i wish you would have told me you was going to sale all of this stuff when i bought your ecm. ive already spent all my extra toy money. is that thing able to handle more boost than 8lbs? is 14 possible with a pull. swap. hate to see you stop on the project. you should just set all of this stuff aside and mess with it after the stang is paid off. like you said they dont make these anymore, witch means it will be next to impossible to find a good one down the road if you decide to do your project. ((what im trying to say is KEEP IT because you will be kicking your a$$ later if you sell it))

Back