• Register Today It's free!

New Limited Owner

mad_dog97

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 EB
Picked up my 2012 Limited yesterday afternoon and really enjoying it so far. Got the almost fully loaded White Pearl (302a package, Tow, sunroof, wheels) and it's definitely an upgrade over my 2004 EB Explorer (although I've loved that truck as well).

Wanted to say thanks to the forum for helping me through this process. Without this forum I wouldn't have known:
1) Pricing help, and info about the $750 Bonus Cash from Ford. With that I was able to get car at $2750 below invoice, which I felt pretty good about since I'm not a big negotiator.
2) Info about online ESP plans. My dealer was great,and after some haggling, was able to price match. Basically said it was at cost, and he'd never had anyone come in with an online match before.

Only one small thing that I've noticed is the trim between the passenger door and the dash is a little uneven (only on the passenger side though). I pointed it out to my salesman and he'd never noticed it before, but we looked at a few others on the lot and they were all like that. I didn't press it at the time, but he did tell me to give him a call if it really bothered me, and he'd talk with his service team.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats mad_dog97!!

You have good taste - got the same tri white limited with pecan interior delivered on Saturday (without moonroof/wheels).

It's great fun to drive.

Congrats mad_dog97!!

You have good taste - got the same tri white limited with pecan interior delivered on Saturday (without moonroof/wheels).

It's great fun to drive.
Must be difficult to drive without wheels.:D

Peter

Picked up my 2012 Limited yesterday afternoon and really enjoying it so far. Got the almost fully loaded White Pearl (302a package, Tow, sunroof, wheels) and it's definitely an upgrade over my 2004 EB Explorer (although I've loved that truck as well)...
Congratulations, mad_dog97! I bet she’s a beauty; we’d love to see some pics! :biggthump

Cory

Only one small thing that I've noticed is the trim between the passenger door and the dash is a little uneven (only on the passenger side though). I pointed it out to my salesman and he'd never noticed it before, but we looked at a few others on the lot and they were all like that. I didn't press it at the time, but he did tell me to give him a call if it really bothered me, and he'd talk with his service team.

I have this same issue with mine. Several other have posted about this before and not all units come with this unique feature :dunno:

Congratulations, mad_dog97! I bet she’s a beauty; we’d love to see some pics! :biggthump

Cory

Thanks Cory . . . will try to get some pics at some point, but of course it started to rain today. Just in time to try out the automatic wipers. :)

Also meant to call you out in my "Thanks" section above. Your commentary and involvement on this forum also made me feel comfortable with the purchase. Hopefully I'll never have to use you, but good to know that you're here.

Thanks Cory . . . will try to get some pics at some point, but of course it started to rain today. Just in time to try out the automatic wipers. :)

Also meant to call you out in my "Thanks" section above. Your commentary and involvement on this forum also made me feel comfortable with the purchase. Hopefully I'll never have to use you, but good to know that you're here.
Thank you so much for the kind words, mad_dog97! Snap some pics when it dries. :D

I have this same issue with mine. Several other have posted about this before and not all units come with this unique feature :dunno:
Have you had a chance to schedule an appointment with your dealer and show them, rojomoto?

Cory

Have you had a chance to schedule an appointment with your dealer and show them, rojomoto?

Cory

Every other unit on the lot had this same problem so they seemed to think it was part of the design. I am not overly concerned about it and would prefer them not to tear apart the interior of my new car trying to fix something that might not even be fixable. Unless you are aware of a procedure or tsb that I am not, I am just going to leave it for now. Thank you for following up!

congrads u got pics of it

Every other unit on the lot had this same problem so they seemed to think it was part of the design. I am not overly concerned about it and would prefer them not to tear apart the interior of my new car trying to fix something that might not even be fixable. Unless you are aware of a procedure or tsb that I am not, I am just going to leave it for now. Thank you for following up!

Same with me . . . We looked at 4-5 others on the lot and they all had the same problem, so I didn't push it, but if there's a known fix I'll let them know and take it in.

Every other unit on the lot had this same problem so they seemed to think it was part of the design. I am not overly concerned about it and would prefer them not to tear apart the interior of my new car trying to fix something that might not even be fixable...
Same with me . . . We looked at 4-5 others on the lot and they all had the same problem, so I didn't push it, but if there's a known fix I'll let them know and take it in.
rojomoto & mad_dog97,

That sounds good. :) Any chance we’ll get to see some pics? :D:thumbsup:

Cory

rojomoto & mad_dog97,

That sounds good. :) Any chance we’ll get to see some pics? :D:thumbsup:

Cory

Well, the monsoon finally seems to be over, which is good, because I thought I was going to have to look into the "pontoon" option. Looks like it's going to be sunny (but cool) over the weekend so I'll try to get it cleaned up and some pics.

Well, the monsoon finally seems to be over, which is good, because I thought I was going to have to look into the "pontoon" option. Looks like it's going to be sunny (but cool) over the weekend so I'll try to get it cleaned up and some pics.
mad_dog97,

I’m glad you won’t need to invest in floaties for your Explorer. ;):thumbsup:

Cory

Back