Ford has released tsb for squeaking brakes!!!! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford has released tsb for squeaking brakes!!!!

Had the windows and brake TSB completed on Nov 18. The window streaks have been corrected, but I can still hear and feel the brakes even after the TSB was done. While the brakes are about 50% better, it still concerns me that the brake TSB was not a complete fix. Anyone else experiencing similar issues after having the brake TSB done?

Are you saying yours still squeals??? I would say your dealer didnt follow the directions properly if so.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tsb states if greater then 28.5mm, they are to be resurfaced. If less, they get replaced. Mine got resurfaced.

Hmm, so they must not claim any defect in the rotor, and they are basically doing this to remove all pad material from the rotor. Interesting fix indeed. Unfortunate that they are lowering the life of a wear item to solve a defect. I'll be careful not to ever claim squeaky wipers!

They never really squealed, my noise and chief complaint was a grinding noise.

Had the windows and brake TSB completed on Nov 18. The window streaks have been corrected, but I can still hear and feel the brakes even after the TSB was done. While the brakes are about 50% better, it still concerns me that the brake TSB was not a complete fix. Anyone else experiencing similar issues after having the brake TSB done?
I’m sorry you’re still having a noise, SCLEM. I want to arrange for the Customer Service Manger in your region to call you. I have your VIN from previous messages, so please send a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, and approximate mileage.

Cory

I’m sorry you’re still having a noise, SCLEM. I want to arrange for the Customer Service Manger in your region to call you. I have your VIN from previous messages, so please send a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, and approximate mileage.

Cory
Cory,

<ear muffs>

Cory said PM = PRIVATE message. Don't put your info out there for the public to see! People get paid to surf the internet for things that look like phone numbers and sell them!

w1kedz,

I still have your Explorer’s info, so please let me know via PM if you’d like to have a follow-up call from the Customer Service Manager in your area.

Cory

I had a follow up from the Customer Service Manager in my area. She told me that the dealership is correct in not doing the warranty repair, since they can't duplicate the concern, and that changing the pads would be "throwing parts at the vehicle" in her words. She didn't seem to care the problem is described as intermittent by both me, and the TSB.. I'm to the point where I'm just living with the issues I have, and when it's financially responsible to do so, I will trade the vehicle in. I can't keep wasting my time on this stupid stuff. Having to take the vehicle in 2 to 3 times per concern is killing my productivity. My A-Pillars still fart like crazy, my brakes squeal, the fan occasionally whines when I turn the vehicle off, MFT is... well... MFT..., the windows still streak whenever rolled down. These are all problems that were supposedly fixed by the dealership, but are worse now than when I took it in for the repairs.

I had a follow up from the Customer Service Manager in my area. She told me that the dealership is correct in not doing the warranty repair, since they can't duplicate the concern, and that changing the pads would be "throwing parts at the vehicle" in her words. She didn't seem to care the problem is described as intermittent by both me, and the TSB.. I'm to the point where I'm just living with the issues I have, and when it's financially responsible to do so, I will trade the vehicle in. I can't keep wasting my time on this stupid stuff. Having to take the vehicle in 2 to 3 times per concern is killing my productivity. My A-Pillars still fart like crazy, my brakes squeal, the fan occasionally whines when I turn the vehicle off, MFT is... well... MFT..., the windows still streak whenever rolled down. These are all problems that were supposedly fixed by the dealership, but are worse now than when I took it in for the repairs.

Sounds like a bad dealer to me.

I’m glad to see that you PM’d me those details instead, SCLEM. :) I sent you a reply yesterday afternoon.

<ear muffs>

Cory said PM = PRIVATE message. Don't put your info out there for the public to see! People get paid to surf the internet for things that look like phone numbers and sell them!
Thanks for the recommendation, Car 54! :D

I had a follow up from the Customer Service Manager in my area. She told me that the dealership is correct in not doing the warranty repair, since they can't duplicate the concern, and that changing the pads would be "throwing parts at the vehicle" in her words...
w1kedz,

Have you tried a different dealer to duplicate the concern, like GWA1 mentioned? I want to see this resolved for you so drop me a line via PM with any details you’d like me to forward.

Cory

I am pleased to hear there is finally a redesign and TSB on this. I took mine in a few months ago and got new pads and rotors. The squeaking is still going on. Frankly I just have not been up to hassling with taking it in again.

With a redesign I hope this will be an effective and FINAL fix! It goes back next week...

I am pleased to hear there is finally a redesign and TSB on this. I took mine in a few months ago and got new pads and rotors. The squeaking is still going on. Frankly I just have not been up to hassling with taking it in again.

With a redesign I hope this will be an effective and FINAL fix! It goes back next week...

Was there a TSB when you took it in the first time. I took mine in about a month ago and my issues are gone. I got new pads, but they resurfaced the rotors and they switched out some bolts as well.

It was well before the TSB came out. So the new pads I received were not the redesign. I am hoping the redesigned pads will do the trick.

well, i'm at 6,600 miles and i started hearing the squeak around 6k. like others have stated, it's a grinding noise then squealing noise as i come to a stop. i haven't had time to take it to the dealer but i will take it next week on my off day. going to take it to fix the A pillar again, squeaking brakes, rattle in the sun glass holder area, and look at the streaking windows. ugh, this list is too long for a vehicle 3 months old. like someone said earlier, the minute its financially responsible, i want to trade it in...... i'm having buyer's regret, i should of went with the durango r/t. :(

well, i'm at 6,600 miles and i started hearing the squeak around 6k. like others have stated, it's a grinding noise then squealing noise as i come to a stop. i haven't had time to take it to the dealer but i will take it next week on my off day. going to take it to fix the A pillar again, squeaking brakes, rattle in the sun glass holder area, and look at the streaking windows. ugh, this list is too long for a vehicle 3 months old. like someone said earlier, the minute its financially responsible, i want to trade it in...... i'm having buyer's regret, i should of went with the durango r/t. :(

Yes for sure,
The Durstrango is sooooo much better.

http://www.durangoforumz.com/showthread.php?t=322

Transmission problems. You want transmission trouble by a Chrysler Dodge. LOL.

Things a pig in gas and accelerates like a slug going up hill in molasses on a sticky summer night. Rides like a tank and last but not least it's a dodge.

well i don't live in san francisco, so going uphill is not a problem for me here in houston...maybe i should've worded my comment better..... i should've waited for the durango with new tranny.

So will the actual TSIB be posted here, so we can see part(s) list called out in fix?

I had the brake TSB done last week and no issues.

New pads, turned the rotors, dead quiet now.

Update .....I have the grinding noise now that a few others reported having after the fronts were serviced with new parts for this TSB.

Has anyone taken theirs back with the new pads grinding?

Update .....I have the grinding noise now that a few others reported having after the fronts were serviced with new parts for this TSB.

Are you talking about the moaning sound I described after mine was done? Like a low pitch jet engine shutting down.. Happens 100% of the time..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It was well before the TSB came out. So the new pads I received were not the redesign. I am hoping the redesigned pads will do the trick.
I’m checking in to see if you’re still hearing this, chris_183. I can help by sending your details to the Customer Service Manager in your area. For me to do that, please send a PM with your contact info, VIN, approximate mileage, and dealer name/state.

well, i'm at 6,600 miles and i started hearing the squeak around 6k. like others have stated, it's a grinding noise then squealing noise as i come to a stop. i haven't had time to take it to the dealer but i will take it next week on my off day...
Have you had a chance to have this checked out, bluelion? I have your VIN from previous messages so let me know via PM if you’d like me to help.

Sgt1411,

Have you tried calling the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Center @ 1-800-565-3673 to speak with an agent? If you already have, let me know via PM with what they said.

Are you talking about the moaning sound I described after mine was done? Like a low pitch jet engine shutting down.. Happens 100% of the time..
blwnsmoke,

I have your Explorer’s details, so shoot a PM if you’d like me to schedule a follow-up.

Cory

Back