Raptor grill for explorer | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Raptor grill for explorer

Here's a few pics id check out their facebook page.
wi1snr.jpg

24ph2yt.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good man Imo it would look good with some backlighting..
Very unique project

That looks sweet. Where did u get the grill from

That's not exactly the Raptor grill. It is "Ford" written really big, though. How was that done?

And as for the Raptor glass...Hmmm, I've been thinking a Raptor Sport Trac would have been sick. Maybe I'll just grease up a 6.2L, slide it in, throw on the front glass, get them to make the rear and then have a...what would you call it...Raptor Sport? Sport Trac-tor? STRaptor? I'll stop now.

Is it just me or is that crooked?

Triton8273 said:
Nope lol...i think the R and D are on a sharper curve

Um.... I'm pretty sure the D is lower than the F. I mean look at it! Idk, maybe I need a helmet....

I said I liked this grille a while back. Hate it now. Just THINKING this guys might be crooked ruins it for me.

Um.... I'm pretty sure the D is lower than the F. I mean look at it! Idk, maybe I need a helmet....

I said I liked this grille a while back. Hate it now. Just THINKING this guys might be crooked ruins it for me.

There's one major reason why it doesn't look good on our trucks...that because its a grille from a pickup truck.

The original grill is big and it's a full rectangle like all full-sized pickups are. If our grille was the same shape it would probably look better.

Full-sized pickup's have big grills because they need them, but making the grille wider makes the truck look wider, so if our grille was a rectangle it probably would look better.

Triton8273 said:
There's one major reason why it doesn't look good on our trucks...that because its a grille from a pickup truck.

The original grill is big and it's a full rectangle like all full-sized pickups are. If our grille was the same shape it would probably look better.

Full-sized pickup's have big grills because they need them, but making the grille wider makes the truck look wider, so if our grille was a rectangle it probably would look better.

Don't get me wrong, I still like it on the F150. I just thought at one point it would look cool on my Explorer... Now I know it doesn't.

I like the glass wounder if they would make one that says mercury

x6,000

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

*preparing for flame*

I've toyed with the idea of putting the three "clearance style" lights in the grill of the raptor on my Ex. Not those exact lights but that style. Just cause I loved the look of them when they are lit up and its dark out.

Any comments on that?

Back