Adding remote start 2011 XLT

1995E

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 + 11 Ex both XLT
Just wanting to check how much it cost you guys to add on the remote start and how the process works. I wanted to add the basic remote start that comes with the extra button the fob and I thought it came with two keys but it only comes with one and deal quoted 250 for just the 100 series remote start itself and 350 for installation.

Can anyone give me a suggestion on the price I should be paying and what kind of system I should get or should I just opt for an aftermarket one?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just wanting to check how much it cost you guys to add on the remote start and how the process works. I wanted to add the basic remote start that comes with the extra button the fob and I thought it came with two keys but it only comes with one and deal quoted 250 for just the 100 series remote start itself and 350 for installation.

Can anyone give me a suggestion on the price I should be paying and what kind of system I should get or should I just opt for an aftermarket one?
Got my Explorer XLT 2012 just over a month ago and looking to install one too, but since I have the auto liftgate I'm looking at the BB5Z-19G364-E Bi-Directional. I was quoted 507+tax (parts & labor included w/ 3yr warranty). Wondering if I should install it myself but dealers I've called insist on doing the install.

but dealers I've called insist on doing the install.

Of course they do. It takes them a half hour total time, and rape you in labor fees. Do it yourself, and save a lot of money.

1995E Did you get it installed and for how much? I'm still trying to find a dealer willing to do just the programming, or at least dont charge arm and leg to install.

1995E Did you get it installed and for how much? I'm still trying to find a dealer willing to do just the programming, or at least dont charge arm and leg to install.

I just installed the bi-directional remote.. I did'nt ask the Dealer.. I told him I was bringing it in for programming.. It cost me 1 hour labor.. Well worth it..

Joe

I was going to opt for the 100 series because they keyfob is nice. I haven't purchased it yet but I plan on getting it online, sending the link of where I'm getting it from to my service guy at my dealer, and having my dealer install it. He quoted me 340 for the part from Ford and the install and 350 for the bidirectional + install.

I bought my Bi-Directional and had mine installed all through Hiller Ford and the Ford Accessories website for $301.00. My range tests from inside buildings range from 300 to 400 feet. Up north in the woods, it works from over 1000 feet.

Back