97 explorer window problems | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

97 explorer window problems

ABLE DELTA

Reaction score
City, State
Pacific northwest
I worked on this rig all day and had to give up at my wits end. Rear passenger window will not go up using either the rear window door switch, or the drivers switch. I replaced the motor, regulator and I have a new relay, but I couldn't find the position of the relay that manages the rear window. I pulled and tried every relay that matches the pin positions, but nothing worked. There is problem with the master door lock switch, being that it will not unlock all doors, but it operates all the other windows, and it will actuate the rear window down, just not up. I proved the motor is capable of upward motion by applying 12V with wires to the plug prongs, but no switch will get it to move up. It's up and secure now but I am going to bed defeated! Anyone know what I missed?

I know when I first got my 97 EB Ex, my passenger side window wouldn't go up from the passenger side switch and driver's side switch either, but the rest of the 3 would work just fine. I thought it may just be bad switches, but come to find out, one of the tiny connectors that goes to the switches on the driver's side was broken. So the circuit wasn't complete. So maybe either the switch is bad/broken connector maybe as well. I know we got some good guys on here that will hopefully chime in.

I know when I first got my 97 EB Ex, my passenger side window wouldn't go up from the passenger side switch and driver's side switch either, but the rest of the 3 would work just fine. I thought it may just be bad switches, but come to find out, one of the tiny connectors that goes to the switches on the driver's side was broken. So the circuit wasn't complete. So maybe either the switch is bad/broken connector maybe as well. I know we got some good guys on here that will hopefully chime in.
I know this was a while ago but did you remember what switch was broken? I found a broken one as well

Back