Called dealer to get TSB's fixed. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Called dealer to get TSB's fixed.

MikeFreas

Reaction score
City, State
VA Beach VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
I have a day off work coming at the end of the month so I figured I'd take the X in to get all the things wrong with it fixed. I've got the typical A pillar, phantom wipe, and rain noise issue. I called the service department to discuss the issues and they had no clue about the TSB's. They also told me they would have to "verify" there was a problem before they fix it.

So, I'm going to drop the truck off in the morning only to be told one of two things.

1. Sorry we couldn't duplicate the issue(s)

2. Sorry but we have to order parts so you have to come back.

I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Or you'll get your truck back "fixed", but the electical tape on the windshield is still exactly where is has been for the last 2 months....

Now I'm waiting on parts for my rear seat belt "receptical" that broke. "It is so new they can't locate the part"

Some dealership I'm dealing with...

I have a day off work coming at the end of the month so I figured I'd take the X in to get all the things wrong with it fixed. I've got the typical A pillar, phantom wipe, and rain noise issue. I called the service department to discuss the issues and they had no clue about the TSB's. They also told me they would have to "verify" there was a problem before they fix it.

So, I'm going to drop the truck off in the morning only to be told one of two things.

1. Sorry we couldn't duplicate the issue(s)

2. Sorry but we have to order parts so you have to come back.

I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Mike, I would strongly suggest reaching out to Cory who will have the Ford rep in your area contact you. Mario (my Ford rep) spoke with my dealer, the dealer ordered the parts for the A Pillar TSB (they're in demand, you know ;)), and scheduled the appointment to come in and get it done. There wasn't any discussion of whether they could re-produce the noise.

Mike, I would strongly suggest reaching out to Cory who will have the Ford rep in your area contact you. Mario (my Ford rep) spoke with my dealer, the dealer ordered the parts for the A Pillar TSB (they're in demand, you know ;)), and scheduled the appointment to come in and get it done. There wasn't any discussion of whether they could re-produce the noise.

This isn't a regular experience. I'm still unable to get my squeaky, annoying brakes fixed under the TSB because they can't "reproduce customers concern" on a TSB that explicitly states "intermittent brake squeal".

I've also been in twice for the A-Pillar's and they still sound like whoopy cushions ... worse now than before the first visit.

Reaching out to Cory had no affect, he had a regional customer service manager call me, who confirmed the dealer would do no repairs on the vehicle. I'm waiting for it to be a financially feasible option then I will trade in/sell the vehicle and abandon Ford. Service has been nothing but a disappointment for me.

WOW- I feel lucky. I took my X in yesterday and my service manager said he didn't know about the TSB on the breaks. He looked it up said he'd fix it. I got my X back 2 hours later. So far no squeal. It was embarassing at stop lights and worst of all my occasional In-N-Out burger run.

I hope they take care of your brake and rain noise issues. I think I'll have that done at my next scheduled service. It doesn't rain much in Cali.

WOW- I feel lucky. I took my X in yesterday and my service manager said he didn't know about the TSB on the breaks. He looked it up said he'd fix it. I got my X back 2 hours later. So far no squeal. It was embarassing at stop lights and worst of all my occasional In-N-Out burger run.

I hope they take care of your brake and rain noise issues. I think I'll have that done at my next scheduled service. It doesn't rain much in Cali.

can I just say that it's hilarious you mention In-N-Out, because when the dealer said they couldn't reproduce the problem, I told them to have the tech go pick up lunch at In-N-Out cause that's where people always end up staring at me funny. :)

God Bless In N Out!

I had mine in today for the TSB's on the Transmission and they fixed the bang happening during low rpm low speed. Dealer dropped the pan and changed a part apparently.

Also had the Tin Roof noise addressed with the foam spray inside headliner. Odour from the foam is bad but definately better in the rain.

I told them about the brakes making the grinding noise after getting the squeel TSB done with new pads and they advised its normal so there will be no new fixes.

Still have to fix right mirror, and engine tapping at start up.

our dealer says they need to duplicate the issue before they order parts and then we have to come back for actual fix. They always state: "if we can't reproduce the issue, we can't fix it"

our dealer says they need to duplicate the issue before they order parts and then we have to come back for actual fix. They always state: "if we can't reproduce the issue, we can't fix it"
That is what I was told by the service advisor when I phoned and inquired about the unintentional windshield wipe. About 30 minutes later I was called back and he informed me that he was told to order the parts and we scheduled an appointment for that same week. It actually took longer for them to wash and dry the Explorer than it did to replace the part.

Peter

If/when they send me away without fixing it I'm going to contact Cory. The fact is the A pillar only makes noise when there is a cross wind in my car but it's anoying. The phantom wipe and rain noise are two more issues that only happen sometimes.

The service person I talked to said that they have to replacate the issue otherwise people would come in to get a TSB fixed even if there isn't a issue. If that were the case with me I'd have about 15 to get done.

I have to call back today because I never received a conformation e-mail for my appointment. I'm going to talk to the service manager.

Cory,

Is this the policy Ford has set with TSB's?

That is too bad! My service writer also tried to tell me that there was no TSB for the A Pillar noise, she called the Lead Tech. He looked it up and said " order the parts for the gentlemen". I was impressed, no BS at all. He then asked if I had any other issues, I told him about the phantom wiper, but said it really didnt bother me, but if it became more frequent I would bring it in. He shook my hand and left.

Why cant more dealerships be like mine? It isn't rocket science, treat people well, and they may bring business to you and may be repeat customers!

Of course it is- and as many as there are, not every vehicle has all of the issues. It's about containing warranty costs to as little as possible. It sucks that they require problems to be duplicated, especially knowing that for some people, they may never be replicated and thus won't be required to fix them, but it is what it is. That's why it's nice to hear sometimes that some dealers don't ask and just fix them. But I do see the side of "otherwise people would just show up to have things fixed that aren't wrong..." even though that's not what is going on in your case. You're just caught in the crossfire, which sucks.

Of course it is- and as many as there are, not every vehicle has all of the issues. It's about containing warranty costs to as little as possible. It sucks that they require problems to be duplicated, especially knowing that for some people, they may never be replicated and thus won't be required to fix them, but it is what it is. That's why it's nice to hear sometimes that some dealers don't ask and just fix them. But I do see the side of "otherwise people would just show up to have things fixed that aren't wrong..." even though that's not what is going on in your case. You're just caught in the crossfire, which sucks.

Yeah well I'm not dealing with this. I had to call the dealer because my appointment was never made. She asked why I was bringing the vehicle in and I told her it was because I needed a few TSB's fixed. She told me she needed a discription of the issue so they can duplicate it.

My blood pressure is already up.

yeah, it's like with the coolant failing fan issue... "oh, we can't confirm the vehicle is overheating, just give us a call when the vehicle is on the side of the road overheated..." :mad: :thumbdwn:

And I would agree with this policy, had I not complained for 6 months prior to the TSB being released of the same problem.

Timeline:

Complain brakes squeal at low speeds, light braking - Cannot reproduce
next month complain brakes squeal, light braking - cannot reproduce
and on and on...

6 months - TSB Released outlining "Intermittent brake squeal under light braking conditions" ... HOLY CHRISTMAS!!! let's get it fixed!!!

complain brakes squeal - point to TSB - cannot reproduce
talk to regional customer service manager - dealership can't fix if they can't reproduce the problem, sorry

SCREAM... PULL HAIR (which is a feat, since I'm bald)... YELL EXPLICATIVE'S AT THE WALL... CRY.... SULK.... COME VENT ON ExplorerForum.com...

and here we are today

Oh yeah, and my 40k$ explorer, still sounds like a broken POS when I go through drive through's because the brakes squeal... WTF

This isn't a regular experience. I'm still unable to get my squeaky, annoying brakes fixed under the TSB because they can't "reproduce customers concern" on a TSB that explicitly states "intermittent brake squeal"...
Have you tried going to the dealer since the last time, w1kedz? I will have this reviewed again for you. I still have your info, so shoot a PM for me to help.

If/when they send me away without fixing it I'm going to contact Cory...I have to call back today because I never received a conformation e-mail for my appointment. I'm going to talk to the service manager.

Cory,

It depends on the repair process and the individual TSB, Mike. I’ll be happy to lend a hand. Drop a line and I’ll arrange a call from the Customer Service Manager in your region.

Mike, I would strongly suggest reaching out to Cory who will have the Ford rep in your area contact you...
Thanks for the recommendation, ercole. :)

WOW- I feel lucky. I took my X in yesterday and my service manager said he didn't know about the TSB on the breaks. He looked it up said he'd fix it. I got my X back 2 hours later. So far no squeal...
WDinSD,

That’s great to hear (or not hear in your case). ;)

...I had mine in today for the TSB's on the Transmission and they fixed the bang happening during low rpm low speed...Also had the Tin Roof noise addressed with the foam spray inside headliner...I told them about the brakes making the grinding noise after getting the squeel TSB done with new pads and they advised its normal so there will be no new fixes.
I’m glad you got those concerns taken care of, Sgt1411. Keep us in the loop with the brake noise.

...Now I'm waiting on parts for my rear seat belt "receptical" that broke. "It is so new they can't locate the part"...
Still have to fix right mirror, and engine tapping at start up.
our dealer says they need to duplicate the issue before they order parts and then we have to come back for actual fix...
dutchman71, Spengracin, & new to ford,

I have your Explorer’s details, so let me know and I’ll be happy to set up a follow-up.

Cory

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The TSB for the rain noise -- does it include models with the moonroof?

Back