66MM BBK throttle body

explorer97

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego , California
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
Hey just had a question ????

I have the ohv 4.0 in my 97 x and i wanted to get the bbk throttle body. My question is it wroth the $200 buck to purchase the throttle body. I have header cat back chip and open air intake kit done to my x. If i remember correctly ALEC saying that the throttle body only make's a diffrence if you have mode done to the motor kind of like what i got. I would really apprecaite for you guy's and gal's out there that have the bbk on there x if you could let me know if it was worth the money.

Delfino Gabriel Mendez:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's worth it....get it.

Cool bro thanks. Hey how did that apten chip work did you notice the diffrence do tehy have a web site i can check it out i have the jet chip i kind of thing it sucks.

Thanks,

Delfino Gabriel Mendez

I'll tell you what man, it made a big difference in my truck.
It can out-and-out fly now, pulls hard, 0-45 is effortless, 0-60 is pretty sweet too.

Keep in mind, I already added exhaust, bigger maf, and open element air filter BEFORE I added the TB.

If you get the BBK TB, be aware that you might have to adjust your throttle cable a little; at least I need to; it's not letting the TB flap close all the way.

Yeah, if you get a that throttle body I would get the exhaust done and and FIPK kit or a KKM, something along those lines of an open air filter. You can only really benefit from it if you first have these two things done.

..... looks like I am set for that throttle body.

Actually it's the mass airflow sensor that won't really help until you've done some serious mods. The throttle body will make a difference on your X.

I dunno if it's worth 200 bucks...i got mine for 110 shipped off ebay and that was the right price for me, hehe

Cool thanks guy for the reply's i really apprecaite it. Yeah have mod's done to my x i have the bbk headers, the cat back system with the flow master 40 series, i have the k&n FIPK (Fuel Injetion Performance Kit) and the Jet Performance chip. Know it' time for me to order the throttle body sence you guy's are getting good result's from it.

Once again thanks guy's

It's really apprecaited

Delfino Gabriel Mendez

My '97 plastic upper intake measures only 63MM ID where the throttle body bolts up. Did you guys mod the openning for the 66MM? The o-ring lip is 68MM so it doesn't allow for much meat removal.

5 year old thread back from the dead! :dead:

Yeah it's funny how it works...shows how useful and lively the forum is hehe :)

My '97 plastic upper intake measures only 63MM ID where the throttle body bolts up. Did you guys mod the openning for the 66MM? The o-ring lip is 68MM so it doesn't allow for much meat removal.

I was hoping it wasn't dead... but no response in a week???

and ittttt'sssss aallllliiiiiivvvveee.

200 bones seems like a lot to throw in on somethin that doesn't sound crazy like a new muffler with a 2.5" pipe or some JBA headers to deepen that muffler up mmmmm I'm so stoked to put some ceramic headers on the rig

Re-viving again, any further thoughts on this?? Not familiar with bigger MAF? BBK offering a discount for the next two weeks. Dont want to blow $250 or so on no gain.

Cheapest price I have found online $186.11 Delivered. Really considering.

i liked it,sold now and running a 75mm;)

Thanks, and I can only dream of your build!

Thanks, and I can only dream of your build!
best bang for your buck is an under drive pulley and efan,most hp&mpg for you can do for the price.as of right now its still being dreamed up as i go:eek:

Cheapest price I have found online $186.11 Delivered. Really considering.
That's about what I paid for mine. I've had them on all 4 Explorer's I have had.

Thanks for info guys-ordered it. This is the cheapest I have seen it in years. Should be here Wednesday. Possibly installed next wkend. Way way behind on projects (as usual).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BBK throttle body question..

Thanks for info guys-ordered it. This is the cheapest I have seen it in years. Should be here Wednesday. Possibly installed next wkend. Way way behind on projects (as usual).

Where did you find one under $200? I would like to replace mine as well...If I could find where you got your TB i would appreciate it..
Thanks..

Back