• Register Today It's free!

Upgraded: SYNC Problems remain

scottfmc

Reaction score
City, State
Spring Hill, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Platinum
Recently received the 2.11 upgrade, but there are problems.

1) SYNC will not finish indexing my 1802 sings on my USB stick, so voice commands are never built and I cannot call for songs or artists. This worked fine (though slowly) in Ver. 2.8. The "Indexing" message appears for only a few seconds, then fades to leave the quadrant header blank. Sometimes at start-up the header will show "Entertainment" or a USB icon. It is highly inconsistent. Attempted to rebuild index, but system never responded to request.

2) USB stick start-up and navigation for music is MUCH slower than in Ver 2.8. Delays of up to 10 seconds before music starts when starting car or switching to USB input. Thumbing the next track switch on the steering wheel will result in a 3-4 second delay before the track changes. No delay in Ver. 2.8

3) Intermittent "booping" from the system. By that I mean that from NO WHERE the system will emit the system "boop" as though I just pressed the touchscreen, but I did not.

4) Almost all my USB stick music files have cover art integrated into the file, but only about 1/2 of them show up on the display. Still this is an improvement from when none would display.

All in all a disappointing upgrade for me. The alledged quicker navigation response time is mostly visual tricks (fade out - fade in - net time gained? NONE!).

Who QA's this stuff anyway?!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2.11??? Thats not the new performance upgrade.

2.11??? Thats not the new performance upgrade.

No? That's what is reported on SyncMyRide.com after the dealer-installed upgrade. However I assure you it is the upgrade UI and software.

They may not have updated the information for you on Syncmyride.com. Some dealers are not. You may have to download the update tool, run it, and report back yourself.

They may not have updated the information for you on Syncmyride.com. Some dealers are not. You may have to download the update tool, run it, and report back yourself.

...run a Vehicle Health Report. It updates your version in your SyncMyRide database. You DO NOT need to download.

...run a Vehicle Health Report. It updates your version in your SyncMyRide database. You DO NOT need to download.

I think he meant the Version Checker. Had no plans to try to re-do the upgrade. :))

I think he meant the Version Checker. Had no plans to try to re-do the upgrade. :))
According to other members, running a Vehicle Health Report WILL cause the info on syncmyride to update.
Unless of course you are in Canada where the VHR is not available.:thumbdwn:

Peter

Recently received the 2.11 upgrade, but there are problems.

1) SYNC will not finish indexing my 1802 sings on my USB stick, so voice commands are never built and I cannot call for songs or artists. This worked fine (though slowly) in Ver. 2.8. The "Indexing" message appears for only a few seconds, then fades to leave the quadrant header blank. Sometimes at start-up the header will show "Entertainment" or a USB icon. It is highly inconsistent. Attempted to rebuild index, but system never responded to request.

2) USB stick start-up and navigation for music is MUCH slower than in Ver 2.8. Delays of up to 10 seconds before music starts when starting car or switching to USB input. Thumbing the next track switch on the steering wheel will result in a 3-4 second delay before the track changes. No delay in Ver. 2.8

3) Intermittent "booping" from the system. By that I mean that from NO WHERE the system will emit the system "boop" as though I just pressed the touchscreen, but I did not.

4) Almost all my USB stick music files have cover art integrated into the file, but only about 1/2 of them show up on the display. Still this is an improvement from when none would display.

All in all a disappointing upgrade for me. The alledged quicker navigation response time is mostly visual tricks (fade out - fade in - net time gained? NONE!).

Who QA's this stuff anyway

I have seen a HUGE change in response time. All my artwork works.Some one else was on here and said they had problems and brought it back. Once they redid they had no problems. The Navigation is way faster. You have been victim of improper install.

I had problems with my Sync/MFT on Version 2.11. It is running perfectly now since it was updated. Love everything about it. Ford has really done a great job with this update.

Questions:
Did you do the update yourself?

If so, was the vehicle running the whole time?

How long did the update take?

Did you perform a fuse pull?

Did you do a Master Reset?

I have had problems as well with the USB interface. I have a thumb drive with 742 songs and it is flaky.

I had my upgrade installed at the dealer and did a master reset and several fuse pulls since.

The first problem started the night I brought it home. I went to the garage to listen to my USB music and play around with the new MFT. I turned the car to accessory mode and for the life of me, I could not get USB to play.

Several times I got a song to show up and the timer started counting off as if the song were playing but nothing was coming through the speakers. Additionally, if I utilized the input selector on the radio stack it would start playing FM through the speakers, but show as playing USB on the MFT interface! It's as if the radio was ignoring MFT altogether.

A fuse 29 pull fixed that.

Last night, I went to add songs to my usb drive and got the dreaded re-indexing everytime I started the car. Not a huge deal as I've fixed before - you grab an MP3 tag editor and strip all the tag elements not needed and you remove any weird data - so I did that and still no dice - constant re-indexing.

Additionally, its now taken to improperly indexing. It will only index the FIRST song the first time I index it. Subsequent indexing works though.

Tried fuse 29 two more times - no dice.

Even had a message pop up that "this usb device is not supported" when I didn't even have a usb drive plugged in!

Tried reformatting flash drive, copying files, more tag editing - no dice.

Finally, I tried a new flash drive. The first time that indexed it still only indexed the first file :( then when I re-indexed it worked. 5 trips later and it still works (no reindexing every time). although the first 4 it briefly popped up a message that it was indexing (but that went away very quickly).

UGH!

My update was dealer-installed.

ScottFMC, Your having very similiar issues as am I.

I think its early hardware problem, my build date is Jan 19/2011.

Im trying escalate the issue now.

ScottFMC, Your having very similiar issues as am I.

I think its early hardware problem, my build date is Jan 19/2011.

Im trying escalate the issue now.

Oh JOY!! Mine was a Feb 2011 build. Please let me know what you find out.

Oh JOY!! Mine was a Feb 2011 build. Please let me know what you find out.
Build date Feb. 24, 2011. Taking mine in this Thursday for the performance upgrade. Fingers crossed.

Peter

Hi,
During navigation, the system will "boop" when you reach the point to execute the next direction. Maybe that's what you hear ?

Are you using a sandisk cruzer usb drive? Sync my ride says that's the only manufacture they guarantee works with the system.

You're system is not working properly. Therefore, you should return it to said dealer or a different one to have it fixed. It boggles the mind how a dealer could be left out of.the loop at this point of the game. Not surprising though. Best of luck.

Are you using a sandisk cruzer usb drive? Sync my ride says that's the only manufacture they guarantee works with the system.

I was actually! I switched to a different drive and it appears to be working good now.

Hi,
During navigation, the system will "boop" when you reach the point to execute the next direction. Maybe that's what you hear ?

No, there was no active route programmed.

I ended up stripping out all the file information from my USB stick except Artist, Trackname, Album Name, and Album Art. I reset the system and MFT managed to index the stick. The "booping" stopped too. My guess is that it was a system problem as MFT was attempting to index the USB drive.

Here's my beef. Hundreds (if not THOUSANDS) of MP3 players can index and read these files without error, or throw out items they can't read. It's a sad commentary on Ford that they can't build, borrow, or steal the same technology to make this feature work reliably without users having to go to extraordinary lengths to modify their files just so MFT can read them. Pitiful...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You're system is not working properly. Therefore, you should return it to said dealer or a different one to have it fixed. It boggles the mind how a dealer could be left out of.the loop at this point of the game. Not surprising though. Best of luck.

Not surprising though? I don't follow you...

Back