Climate Control problems after update? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Climate Control problems after update?

Brenpatsa

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer, Ltd
Just received the update at the dealer a few days ago (along with the fixing of a laundry list of other issues) and overall, I am quite happy with the update. One new problem however is that I am unable to turn off the Auto Climate feature. (pressing either the button onscreen or the one near the large wheel does nothing). Further, the a/c button always is lit and on (along with the cold air), no matter what I have the Auto temp setting. A few days ago, it was 51 degrees outside and I had my usual 72 degree Auto setting, but the a/c was on and blasting away.
Has anyone else had this happen since their update? I am a bit distressed to have a new problem with the climate system that worked perfectly well before the update.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just received the update at the dealer a few days ago (along with the fixing of a laundry list of other issues) and overall, I am quite happy with the update. One new problem however is that I am unable to turn off the Auto Climate feature. (pressing either the button onscreen or the one near the large wheel does nothing). Further, the a/c button always is lit and on (along with the cold air), no matter what I have the Auto temp setting. A few days ago, it was 51 degrees outside and I had my usual 72 degree Auto setting, but the a/c was on and blasting away.
Has anyone else had this happen since their update? I am a bit distressed to have a new problem with the climate system that worked perfectly well before the update.

Find fuse 29. Pull it. Wait 30 seconds. Put it back in. Restart the car.

Problem solved. (likely)

Other members have reported flaky behavior right after the update until they had the computer do a reboot ("performing system maintenance").

Problem solved. (likely)

Other members have reported flaky behavior right after the update until they had the computer do a reboot ("performing system maintenance").

Howdy jrm.....searching for answers to the same problem as Brenpasta actually helped me find this forum. You seem to be pretty knowledgable and I like the original poster just had my software system updated the other day. I now am also getting ice cold temperature's when set to 20 degrees CELSIUS (Canadian ;) ) and was going to try your fix as noted above. I just picked the vehicle up from the dealership and depending on which setting I have for the air to come from be it panel, etc it tends to fluctuate. However when I put it on the defrost/floor setting the temperature is like it's on MAX A/C and ridiculously cold.

Which....brings me to my question; I looked at the owners manual and it states that the fuse box/panel is underneath the steering column and to the left of the brake pedal. I was just underneath there and for the life of me I can't figure out what panel comes off or where it is??? I DID have a flashlight and it's broad daylight so I am not completely lost but I'll be damned if I can figure out where it is?

Any idea or hints as to what I am pulling off to find it? As I could figure out where the panel was I was going to just disconnect the battery but figured I would check first.

Cheers and many thanks.

Scott

Problem solved. (likely)

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, that didn't correct the problem. I hope the dealer can fix this or else I will be wearing a sweater in my car even in July. ;-(

I know this post was long ago, but I wanted to know if you ever solved the issue? I currently have a 2012 ford edge and I am having the same problem. I am researching all over and haven't really
found a solution. Thank you!

I know this post was long ago, but I wanted to know if you ever solved the issue? I currently have a 2012 ford edge and I am having the same problem. I am researching all over and haven't really
found a solution. Thank you!
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Just wanted to let you know that the member you quoted hasn't been active here since May 5th 2015. Not sure why this issue is happening. Have you tried a Master Reset? Not saying it will work. A negative battery cable disconnect for a few minutes has been known to solve some issues. Both of these will probably result in the loss of some saved memory settings. Now that this thread has been revived, perhaps some one will have a better answer. Good luck.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Just wanted to let you know that the member you quoted hasn't been active here since May 5th 2015. Not sure why this issue is happening. Have you tried a Master Reset? Not saying it will work. A negative battery cable disconnect for a few minutes has been known to solve some issues. Both of these will probably result in the loss of some saved memory settings. Now that this thread has been revived, perhaps some one will have a better answer. Good luck.

Peter
Hello :wave:

Thank you for letting me know he was no longer active. It was worth a shot to find out if it was resolved and how it was resolved. We haven't tried the master reset yet, but that is a good idea. I think I will give that a shot this weekend and see. And yes if anyone else stumbles upon this post hopefully they have a way to solve this issue. Thank you!

Back