A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update | Page 23 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

That "contact us" email is a joke. They contact you sometimes and sometimes they don't. And, when they contact you, they just tell you to call IVT. Big help. You get much faster assistance by sending and email to Cory or Rebecca.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That was good while it lasted, my new MYSYNC system (i had the dealer download the new updated version) did play via my iphone for a while but not any longer, the screen shows I am putting it on the iphone, it shows the info from the iphone as to what it is tuned to, but no sound, the station or input i have it on stays playing as if i didnt change anything

Yes, I have completely disconnected the phone, and resynced it, 3 times...

So very sick of this, thank goodness we no longer have a Ford Dealer as a client as I wont have to ever buy another one again, sorry guys, this is ridiculous.

and I just got back from a trip, you dont realize how much you rely on that outside temp reading until you dont have it

oh and yes i make sure the sound icon on the iphone is clicked to sync when trying to use it in car, still nothing...

I cant express how angry this makes me

A. this can be fixed by a trip to the dealer? How, I have the newest system, everything else in it works but this, it is likely this CANT be fixed? wow, probably..i guess I could do a master reset, take out the sd nav card, lose what I dont know, but if I do all that and it still doesnt work, wow...madder i will be than I have been in a long time

For the outside temp look at the dash left side display it shows the temp & time.

Randys1,

That master reset might be worth a try. I had problems with not being able to do a vehicle health report and I couldn't get directions via sync. After a reset, all worked fine. You don't lose much, mainly the phone has to be paired again. My other settings were still there and the radio even went back to the station that was playing.

For the outside temp look at the dash left side display it shows the temp & time.

Oh wow, took me a while to find it but yes, there it is...thanks!

Randys1,

That master reset might be worth a try. I had problems with not being able to do a vehicle health report and I couldn't get directions via sync. After a reset, all worked fine. You don't lose much, mainly the phone has to be paired again. My other settings were still there and the radio even went back to the station that was playing.

ok, so i will pull the sd card for the nav as it says to do that, assume that will not be an issue either...i will give it a try, per the other thread and i apologize for starting a new one, i have done a complete hard reset of my iphone too

OK complete master reset of mysync and iphone was necessary, did the trick, sure hope i dont have to do this too often

thanks everybody

p.S. dont know what a reset resets because even my sirius channel presents were preserved, as well as am/fm presets, so that is cool - and it didnt take long but i am on the freeway often and dont want to have to pull over and do this too often

(insert sarcasm emoticon here, shouldnt have to pull over and do it, ever - c'mon Ford, we Americans WANT to buy American products, please make it a little easier for us P L E A S E)

Funny, my temp and time are on the Right hand display.:)

Peter

The old mytouch had the outside temp on the larger center screen, the new mytouch has the outside temp on the small dashboard screen .is there anyway to display the outside temperature on the large center screen

Thanks

The old mytouch had the outside temp on the larger center screen, the new mytouch has the outside temp on the small dashboard screen .is there anyway to display the outside temperature on the large center screen

Thanks
As Vince indicated, the outside temp can not be displayed on the MFT screen. This change was apparently made because of the many owners who comlpainted about the time display being too small and hard to read. This senior citizen wasn't one of them.
The strange thing is that I have read many complaints on this Forum about the temp display no longer being on the MFT, but I can not recall reading a single post complaining about the original size of the time display.
Too bad some of the more common complaints, such as a solution to the accidental activation of the 3rd row power seats, still has not been addressed.
BTW, the outside temp display was also always shown on the right hand screen.

Peter

As Vince indicated, the outside temp can not be displayed on the MFT screen. This change was apparently made because of the many owners who comlpainted about the time display being too small and hard to read. This senior citizen wasn't one of them.
The strange thing is that I have read many complaints on this Forum about the temp display no longer being on the MFT, but I can not recall reading a single post complaining about the original size of the time display.
Too bad some of the more common complaints, such as a solution to the accidental activation of the 3rd row power seats, still has not been addressed.
BTW, the outside temp display was also always shown on the right hand screen.

Peter

3rd row seats opening? not familiar with this problem, i know I fold them down when i am behind vehicle with the back door open as there are 4 buttons there i think, the one i always use lays the seats flat for the storage space...

3rd row seats opening? not familiar with this problem, i know I fold them down when i am behind vehicle with the back door open as there are 4 buttons there i think, the one i always use lays the seats flat for the storage space...
There have been a few posts from owners where, with the 3rd row folded and the back area loaded with various items, something shifted and hit the button that activated the 3rd row seats to come up.
There have also been several posts with 'home made' solutions as far as a cover for the 4 buttons.

Peter

A side problem with the temp only being on the right hand screen is that it is so small and faint that a bright sunny day tends to obscure your view.

I can't believe that with as much uproar there was about this system and upgrade, the issue at hand is the display of a freakin' outside temp. Really? Is this where we're at? The 3rd row seat buttons finally come up again, which I totally get- but yet post after post about a stupid temperature.

A side problem with the temp only being on the right hand screen is that it is so small and faint that a bright sunny day tends to obscure your view.
I totally agree that it is difficult to read now at the best of times. But honestly I don't quite understand why it is such a big deal. The only time I really care about the temp is when I get up in the morning and perhaps again when I leave the house. Other than that, the temp is what it is. There isn't anything you can do about it when you're out driving around. I for one don't carry a change of clothes in the Ex. Up until a few years ago, most vehicles didn't have an outside temp display. People relied on the radio for that info, as many still do.
Joe, :thumbsup:

Peter

Peter, you are right. It ain't no big deal. It is just another small feature of our modern vehicles and it ranks low on any list of priorities. Some of us just have enough time on our hands to comment on the least important things. This forum should be constructive not destructive.

I agree- and for the most part, this forum is very constructive. Many of us have spent hours and hours doing countless writeups all over the forum. Posting pics for members. Making how-to videos, and answering questions and supporting it too.

Sorry if it came off as harsh, but it's freaking frustrating to see probably 50+ posts about the location of a temperature display. :)

it's freaking frustrating to see probably 50+ posts about the location of a temperature display. :)

Exact reason I had posted these pictures previously.....just for THOSE folks

Nav.jpg

IMG_1784.jpg

IMG_1791.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I still love it! :D

Back