Nate's 2005 Explorer XLT 4X4 | Page 26 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nate's 2005 Explorer XLT 4X4

Here's my X, so far, but first a little background story...
jeepchrome.jpg

So this Jeep is what I was going to buy. I was a few thousand short of it. :( It was fully loaded. Exhaust, Intake, Lift, Wheels, Fuzzy Back Seat :D (J/K). I failed on that then looked at a sport trac and ended up with this Tan Explorer. She's come a long way in just 5 or 6 months of owning her. So...
Its a 2005 Ford Explorer XLT with 4wd. I bought it on Friday July 9th, 2010. It had 60K miles when I purchased it. It now has 67K. So far I love having it. Gas mileage isn't so great, but I knew that when I purchased it. I have modded it up so check it out. Enjoy! :)

Day I bought it,
copy001.jpg

First Mod...An upper billet grille and a lower billet grille
32.jpg

Clear Corners;
clearcorners3.jpg

Her first mud bath, no running boards
mudside.jpg

mudend.jpg

Future Plans, TRUXXX lift kit, Cragar Soft 8's or some new wheels, tail light guards, LED tail lights, black headlights, and a bunch of other stuff I can't think of. Any comments or suggstions are welcome.

EDIT: Update! :)
A couple months later, and here she is...
4th gen mirrors, Bull Bar, Aux Lights, New Speakers, New Pioneer HU, Painted Billet Grilles Black, Tail Light Guards, 4.0L Emblem, Intake, Exhaust, HIDS coming soon :)
fordtlguards.jpg

newradio.jpg

newestintake.jpg

exhaust1.jpg

exhaust3.jpg

Here's how she sits today (january 2011):
snowtrip.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

You two argue like a bunch of Explorer owners :p:

:):thumbsup:

Looks awesome Nate! :eek::thumbsup:

Now that the Explorer is all cleaned up...
may20121.jpg

may20122.jpg

may20123.jpg

And this shot just for fun :p
upshot.jpg

This weekend wasn't too swell. I ended up breaking a sway bar link and destroying my left rear axle shaft... I think its time to look into a JK Wrangler, or a WJ for off-roading.

Thats about it. lol

I think I found something to replace the Explorer with that's a little more hardcore. From the pictures, I like it.
30653704.jpg

I'm not too impressed with many Jeeps out there. So it may be a while before I find the right one, if at all.

So I've been researching, and since I have a nice gallery of pictures of a SAS Explorer; I can do a SAS for around $1000. I think this could be my summer project.

Thats about it. lol

I think I found something to replace the Explorer with that's a little more hardcore. From the pictures, I like it.
30653704.jpg

I'm not too impressed with many Jeeps out there. So it may be a while before I find the right one, if at all.

Besides,you'll still break stuff on a jeep. It'll be just as expensive if not more.

I like the rear SAS idea.

Yea...please don't get rid of the Ex...I wanted to see those decals lol.

Well I've found another grand of work needing to be done... The rear main seal has sprung a leak. $796.... On a college student budget, I think no. :( So I'm thinking this; sell my Explorer for around $9500. I've found this, which I think you all will approve of more :p:
31026503.jpg

Its a 5.0L V8, 110,000 miles, all wheel drive. I have yet to look at it, but it may be the answer to my issues. I would of course lift it and maybe do a few other mods to it.

Back