Rearview Camera Active Guidelines | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rearview Camera Active Guidelines

My 2013 XLT does *NOT* have active guides - only fixed.

FYI.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You only get the active guidelines if the car is equipped with the auto parallel parking option. (edit: the option is called Active Park Assistant)

Unless i missed a setting, I do not have it on my 301A limited.

Unless i missed a setting, I do not have it on my 301A limited.
Assuming you have the Active Park Assist, on the main MFT screen, select Settings (wheel cogs to the right of Home), then select Vehicle and then you should see Rear View Camera. The options within Rear View Camera should show a selection for Active + Fixed. NOTE: The Active lines will only show on the screen if the front wheels are NOT in a straight line.

Update: I just checked out the 301A package and it does not show as having the Active Park Assist option. That comes with the 302A and 303A package (302A in Canada).

Peter

Active park assist is in package 302a in US and the guidelines are called "active guidelines" in the rear view camera. Without trying it, I am getting from the Owner's manual that this is park of "Active Park Assist". Someone without Active Park Assist get those active guidlines to come up when backing up?

From another post.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1kedz
The question is, why aren't the active guides standard with any model that has a backup camera? Is this is a software restriction or is there some something missing hardware-wise? I can't see a reason why the active guides would only be available to people who pay for automatic parking feature, when the guides are more useful to someone manually parking =P
w1kedz,

The active guide lines are only available with the active park assist. This is partly because with the extra sensors installed (needed for park assist) it also detects to the side and can verify the area is clear of obstructions in the intended path of travel.

Cory

If Cory posted it, it is like Gospel.... :chug:

On a side note, I really like the camera for hitching up my boat trailer, its slick!

On a side note, I really like the camera for hitching up my boat trailer, its slick!

Also the camera is addictive. I get in my 03 2500ram quad and put it reverse then look to the dash for the camera view.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Spitfisher, did you have to turn off the active park assist to hitch up the boat, I back up to hook up the trailer and the system is screaming at you until you are out of reverse. LOL

...If Cory posted it, it is like Gospel.... :chug:
Thanks! I appreciate you tracking down my post, RonJrSVCMGR. :)

Alright i have had my 2013 explorer for a month now and I am still trying to figure out all the do hikies on the car...
Perhaps its included in My Ford Touch, and not the downgraded system...
I'm not positive, but I think the moving lines are only on Limiteds.
I believe the active guidelines are a limited only feature
My understanding is that the active guidelines are only on the Limiteds with the Active Park Assist feature...
My 2013 XLT does *NOT* have active guides - only fixed...
You only get the active guidelines if the car is equipped with the auto parallel parking option. (edit: the option is called Active Park Assistant)
...Update: I just checked out the 301A package and it does not show as having the Active Park Assist option. That comes with the 302A and 303A package (302A in Canada)...
Rebecca (FordIVTteam) can research any other software questions, guys; she’s on the In-Vehicle Technology team and she rocks! :D

Cory

Spitfisher, did you have to turn off the active park assist to hitch up the boat, I back up to hook up the trailer and the system is screaming at you until you are out of reverse. LOL

Sorry for the late response, but yes I amnually turn it off, sometimes I remember, most of the time I don't till the first beep

Sorry for the late response, but yes I amnually turn it off, sometimes I remember, most of the time I don't till the first beep

Thanks, much more relaxed hooking up trailer now:D

Back up camera turning guidelines?

I just recently got a Ford Fusion and that backup camera had the lines showing you where you're going to go as you reverse and turn the wheel which was cool. Now I noticed something, my 2011 Ford Explorer back up camera doesn't have those. Do any other 2011 Explorer owners have that or is it just suppose to not have it? The reason I'm asking is because I think I remember someone saying they had like the turning guidelines on their 2011 but I'm not sure.

I had the same question as the two cars I traded in had that too...

IIRC, it's only if you have active park assist that the lines turn otherwise we have to rough it and back into our parking places the old fashioned way :)

I believe the active turning guidelines are only available on the limited. I have the 2013 LImited and I have the lines that curve as I turn the wheel. I can turn the feature off. It's in the menu.

What's funny, is the Owners Manual does not list that as an optional feature. It just basically says if you have a backup camera it should be there.

I test drove a Limited and it had it (but also active park assist) and my XLT does not have the turning guidelines.

Can anyone with a limited -without- active park assist confirm that?

My 2011 limited does not have active park assist but it does have the guide lines. I have had them disappear and had to turn them back on in the camera menu.

Huh, hopefully Crystal can clarify the difference for us. I'd like to know. I don't want to be missing something in my Explorer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 2011 Limited with the Active Park Assist and my guidelines do indeed curve.

My understanding from previous threads on the forum is that models without the Active Park Assist do not curve. This is because the car uses a steering wheel angle sensor that is included in the active park assist feature to calculate the line curvature. Those vehicles without the active park assist don't have the sensor, and thus do not curve. Dont know if this has changed with the 2013s or not.

It's possible that the Fusion you drove had the angle sensor for a different reason (perhaps the newer models have the angle sensor as part of the lane guidance features?)

-J

Back