Moab 2013 - May 10-12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2013 - May 10-12

Which weekend is best? (May 10-12 is best for me)

• Weekend of May 10-12

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Weekend of May 17-20

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Char

Admin's Wife, Explorer Babe
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wittmann
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Explorer XLT
Callsign
KB7TKQ
MAY 10-12!!!! BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!

Diff Whack Daddy - Explorer ---- Kokopelli Suites -- Arriving May 5th ---- Big Dog------------- 1 for dinner
Albino 94LTD ------ Explorer ---- Kokopelli Suite --- Arriving May 5th ---- Big Pack Dog ------- 1 for dinner
Jrgaylor ----------- BII --------- Adventure Inn --- Arriving May 5th ---- Big Dog ------------ 1 for dinner
Toyota Jon -------- Toyota ----- Adventure Inn--- Arriving May 5th ----- Big Dog ----------- 1 for dinner
James T ---------- Explorer ---- Canyonlands ----- Arriving May 8th? ---- Big Dog ----------- 2 for dinner?
Adamsbro2 ------- Explorer ----- Canyonlands ----- Arriving May 8th ----- Big Dog ----------- 6 for dinner
Rick -------------- Explorer ----- Canyonlands?---- Arriving May 9th------ Lead Big Dog ------ 2 for dinner
MrQ -------------- Explorer ----- ? --------------- ? -------------------- Pack Dog?
Kris Guilbeaux ----- Mountaineer - KOA ------------ ? -------------------- Big Pack Dog-------2 for dinner
MoabB2 ----------- BII --------- Canyonlands------ Arriving late may 9th- Big Dog
GJarrett ---------- Explorer ----- Silver Sage Inn --- Arriving May 8th----- Big Pack Dog
Randall ----------- Explorer ----- KOA -------------- Arriving May 8th---- Big Dog? ------------ 4-5 for dinner
offroader_69_me -- Explorer ----- ? ---------------- ? ------------------- Big Dog
Mrboyle -----------Toyota ------ ? ----------------- ? ------------------ Big Dog
Birdy ------------- Explorer ----- KOA -------------- ? ------------------ Big Dog
NICEFORD59 ------ Explorer ----- KOA -------------- ? ------------------ Pack Dog?
Gmanpaint -------- FJ ---------- Big Horn Lodge ---- Arriving May 8th ---- Pack Dog ---------- 2 for dinner?
Turdle ------------Mountaineer - Up the Creek CG- - ? ------------------ Scrawny Pack Dog -- 1 or 2 for dinner
Suicide77 --------- Explorer ------Hotel-Camping----- Arriving May 9th---- Pack Dog
Jjaganashi--------- Ranger--------no clue where im stayin ? -------------- Big Dog

Maybe;
duckhuntinkid - Explorer -
mojavexploder - Explorer -
Brian1 - Explorer -
Paul - Explorer Sport
JTX - Explorer -

offroadkc - Cheby - Canyonlands - Pack Dog?

Big Dog = locked and 35's or bigger
Big Pack Dog= 33's and locked
Pack Dog = 31's or bigger, maybe locked on one end
Puppy Dog= Stock with good working LS

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you go on the weekend of March 15/16, I might be able to join you on the way to Nevada... :D

I am in and i dont care when yall make the date, so long as i know by the end of this year... i can put in for vacation and have enough seniority to actually get it. :D

I say the 8th/9th. That week is spring break at Weber State so I'd be able to go.

I am in and i dont care when yall make the date, so long as i know by the end of this year... i can put in for vacation and have enough seniority to actually get it. :D

Ditto!!!!!!!!

I dont think ill make it unless this year gets really good and all of a sudden I decide that I can afford to roll except ill be taking the FSB not the Explorer. Even if i get another explorer it wont be wheeling ready in time.

I am not sure when and if ill be able to make it but i am subscribed so i know when you decide to go i will definately try!! Sounds like fun i haven't been since 2001 and my first explorer!

I am in and my friend John with the Toyota will be going.
Who is going to run pritchard canyon with me?

Wait, isn't March a little earlier for Moab? I thought we usually did it in May or June. The earliest I can remember it was late April. Isn't there still snow on some of the trails iin March?

Early March will definitely be out because of snow. Mid-March may work. Easter Jeep is 23-31th. I guess May is looking more realistic.

I think may would be better but snow could be fun too! But I'm in!

May works for me. As long as its either the 8/9th of March or after the last week in April I can go. I can't go if its during the time of finals.
On the other hand, when I went to Moab this March there was no snow on the trails I went on. Only exception was the snow in the La Sal Mountains.

I will probably be good for any of those dates. I'd like to think that my resurrected Explorer will be ready for anything by then.... saving up for the fuel cost to go that far is the big thing for me. It's been a long time..... gotta get back out to Moab!

I really like the way this is looking would be awesome to see a bunch of the umm well umm original that's a good word original group! Plus lots of new people too! As for funding I am starting this week I figure $50 a pay check is easily forgiven x2 checks a month x 12 months should cover the trip without much out of pocket when it gets here. At least thats my plan and I'm gonna try and stick to it!

I would like to see the run held in May. May is the month we've had the biggest groups, and the best weather.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would like to see the run held in May. May is the month we've had the biggest groups, and the best weather.

I agree but can't commit yet.

Back