Floor mats/liners/cargo mats | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Floor mats/liners/cargo mats

I got my Husky mats and cargo liner from a local distributor in Ottawa. The Husky floor mats cover a little more than the Weathertech does, The Husky mat actually comes up and covers right over to the door sill strip. The Weathertech does not, from pictures I have seen. I believe the Husky mat also has a higher lip in the back as well. I have posted pictures of it on previous threads.

Hey peterk9
Do you have a pic of the cargo liner that you'd like to share please. I'd appreciate it

Thanks
Vdel

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey peterk9
Do you have a pic of the cargo liner that you'd like to share please. I'd appreciate it

Thanks
Vdel
I have posted this pic before. There are also pictures of the Weathertech and the Ford mat in various threads.

I also came across this post by shawnbrat a while ago;
See this thread for the Husky group buy: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...3&postcount=62
Significant discount over prices on the Husky website. Shipping included.

Attachments

• P9040222a.jpg
    P9040222a.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 2,463

Peter - did you get that discount in Canada?
No. I bought all my mats before this bulk buy thing was put in place.

Cargo Mat & Floor Mats

Does anyone have the cargo mat? My Nissan Murano has a great one and I'm not sure I could survive without it, saves huge amounts of wear and tear. We will be using the 3rd row on a limited basis so we ordered a cargo mat because we assumed that it covered cargo area up to the 2nd row, true? I guess I forgot to ask at the dealership what it covered (just 3rd row or 2nd and 3rd) and I didn't see a clear picture on the FORD website...or maybe I didn't look hard enough! Ha! ;)
Also, how about all weather mats? Are the carpeted ones of good quality? I test drove a 2012 Limited and the dealer had some crappy felt ones in there. I'm hoping there a good quality, my dealer said they were good but he would order the all-weather if I decided to go that route.

I just saw a set on Weathertech that Im going to buy and they are nice!

There is a thread in modified forum on mats (main focus in on husky) ... here: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311138

I purchased the weathertech mats - one that fits behind 2nd row and one that fits behind 3rd row in lower cargo area. I leave the one behind 3rd row in place 24/7/365. The other one that fits behind 2nd row I roll and store until needed.

:salute:

There is a thread in modified forum on mats (main focus in on husky) ... here: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311138

I purchased the weathertech mats - one that fits behind 2nd row and one that fits behind 3rd row in lower cargo area. I leave the one behind 3rd row in place 24/7/365. The other one that fits behind 2nd row I roll and store until needed.

:salute:

Do you have to remove that 3rd row lower one to stow the seats, or are the seats able to still close?

I have the weathertech for both front and second row and the cargo area. I love them!

Do you have to remove that 3rd row lower one to stow the seats, or are the seats able to still close?

The power-fold has no problem stowing the 3rd row seats with the mat in place.

Does anyone have the cargo mat? My Nissan Murano has a great one and I'm not sure I could survive without it, saves huge amounts of wear and tear. We will be using the 3rd row on a limited basis so we ordered a cargo mat because we assumed that it covered cargo area up to the 2nd row, true? I guess I forgot to ask at the dealership what it covered (just 3rd row or 2nd and 3rd) and I didn't see a clear picture on the FORD website...or maybe I didn't look hard enough! Ha! ;)
Also, how about all weather mats? Are the carpeted ones of good quality? I test drove a 2012 Limited and the dealer had some crappy felt ones in there. I'm hoping there a good quality, my dealer said they were good but he would order the all-weather if I decided to go that route.
Welcome to the Forum JUtecht. :wavey:
There have been several posts on mats. You can go to the top and do a search on cargo mat posts and check them out.
One of the best I've seen yet was yesterday when I checked out the Toyota website. The Highlander has one that is actually fixed onto the back of the 3rd row seats and covers the back of them and still alows the seats to come up. They have a short video on them. Perhaps others may follow this trend. http://www.toyota.ca/toyota/en/vehicles/highlander/overview

I personally have the Husky cargo mat and floor mats and find they cover more carpeted area than the others. Even Ford finally came out with one but you can't go wrong with either of the others (Husky, WeatherTech).

Peter

I have both the all weather mats and the cargo area protector I ordered from Ford Accessories. The Cargo Area Protector does cover the 3rd and 2nd row. I think the carpet mats are good quality, but I prefer using the all-weather mats. The all-weather mats are really easy to clean so you don't have to worry about staining carpet if your shoes happen to get dirty.

I have both the all weather mats and the cargo area protector I ordered from Ford Accessories. The Cargo Area Protector does cover the 3rd and 2nd row. I think the carpet mats are good quality, but I prefer using the all-weather mats. The all-weather mats are really easy to clean so you don't have to worry about staining carpet if your shoes happen to get dirty.
The OEM cargo mat I think is a good one. However, I don't think their all-weather mats stack up to either WeatherTech or Husky. I have attached a picture of the driver's side Husky mat and you can see how it actually covers the carpeted area right up to the door sill. Very good for muddy shoes and especially good for Winter. I don't think the WeatherTech mat has this same lip.

Peter

Attachments

• P6250349a.jpg
    P6250349a.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 1,772
  • P6250351a.jpg
    P6250351a.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 1,817

The Cargo Area Protector does cover the 3rd and 2nd row.

So if I want to use the second row I will have to take it out?? That stinks, I was hoping for a mat that I could leave in place and only take out if I needed the 3rd row seating.

Thanks everyone for weighing in, and thank you for the pictures! Those show great coverage and I'll probably be ordering a set!;)

So if I want to use the second row I will have to take it out?? That stinks, I was hoping for a mat that I could leave in place and only take out if I needed the 3rd row seating.

Thanks everyone for weighing in, and thank you for the pictures! Those show great coverage and I'll probably be ordering a set!;)
The Husky and I believe the WeatherTech only cover the cargo area and 3rd row seats when down. They do NOT cover the second row seats.
There is a link somewhere for discounts (group buy) on the Husky mats
Good luck.

Peter

No - the large mat goes behind the 2nd row seats. You only need to take it out if you want to use 3rd row seats. Thus, your hopes are correct that you can leave it in place until want to use 3rd row. :thumbsup:

image of cargo mat behind 2nd row.
40489_Ford_Explorer_2011.jpg

As I noted earlier, if you also buy the cargo mat for area behind 3rd row seats, you CAN leave it in all the time and the 3rd row seats still should stow ... they do for me.

Image of small cargo mat for area behind 3rd row.
40488.jpg

Finally - I posted link to group buy thread in my first reply to this thread. :)

Thanks Gatortailale...I wasn't really sure what a group buy was...when I clicked on it the first time I saw how old the thread wasn't and just figured it didn't apply to me. So I'll do some more looking into it. Thanks again!

Thanks as well PeterK9, I missed you on the last message. Everyone has been so helpful here!!

I don't know what I was thinking. I apparently wasn't. Ford's cargo area protector doesn't cover the second row seats. It just covers up to the back of the second row seats. Sorry if I caused confusion. I've only used it once for a camping trip, but I was looking at it today on my lunch break and realized I was wrong. Another nice thing to go along with Ford's Cargo Area Protector is the Cargo Organizer. You can use that on top of the cargo area protector to put things in like groceries so they don't slide around in the back.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry if this was covered, but I searched the group buy thread, and others, but no clear answer...

Is there a group buy for the Weathertech liners?

Thanks.

-ern

Back