I'm almost there... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I'm almost there...

Thanks, Cory! I appreciate the help you've given me in the past. I'm going down to the dealer today to pay for it...I won't be actually picking it up today, though. They still have to take care of the name plates, liftgate, and power fold issues. I'm definitely looking forward to getting it, though! :)

When do you get to pick it up???? We can't wait to see some pictures of your cool ride! :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here we go with the second list:...

It really isn't that bad, just another big city and its traffic. As for trying to console me that at least I have a nice set of wheels, nice try, but remember it is my wife's car :(
Your listing skills are impressive, VinceL. :D I’m sure your wife is enjoying the Gray Ghost enough for the both of you. LOL

Cory

You got it, phreaky_d! Your “thanks” can be posting great pics. :dpchug:

Cory

Deal...pics will be posted shortly once I pick it up from my dealer! ;) I actually paid for it today, but they're going to do some work on aligning the liftgate properly and seeing if they can fix the third row seats folding completely flat. I also asked them to remove the dealer sticker, so there's some work to be done on it!

When do you get to pick it up???? We can't wait to see some pictures of your cool ride! :)

I can't wait to post the pics! :) I've got several things going on, including a significant move into a new office for me. So I actually asked my dealer to hold onto the new Ex for a few weeks while I use my old beat-up '95 Ex for moving stuff around (no need to start beating up the new Ex with heavy duty moving)... ;) I'm expecting to be able to pick up the new Ex around the 18th, so I'll post pics shortly thereafter. Stay tuned!

Deal...pics will be posted shortly once I pick it up from my dealer! ;) I actually paid for it today, but they're going to do some work on aligning the liftgate properly and seeing if they can fix the third row seats folding completely flat...
That’s awesome, phreaky_d; congratulations! :party: Thanks for the update. I know your dealer will take care of you!

Cory

I'm sorry I did not see this thread sooner. We recently purchased a new 13 Eco Boost the same color as yours.....We have major paint flaw problems on the top and hood....be sure to check yours over very carefully!!! It came from the Factory that way and was not noticed until shortly after delivery....Quality is not job one anymore at Ford, Their "fix" is unacceptable to us.......best regards Plum

...We recently purchased a new 13 Eco Boost the same color as yours.....We have major paint flaw problems on the top and hood...
Welcome to the forum, Plum; I want to lend a hand by escalating your paint concern up to the regional Customer Service Manager. Please send me a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, VIN, and approximate mileage.

Cory

Paint flaws on yours, huh? That stinks! :( But thanks for the heads-up...I'll definitely keep a more careful eye out when I pick it up. Actually, I have another question...I noticed that my Ex doesn't have a cargo net in it. Is the cargo net a standard accessory on the Limited?

Paint flaws on yours, huh? That stinks! :( But thanks for the heads-up...I'll definitely keep a more careful eye out when I pick it up. Actually, I have another question...I noticed that my Ex doesn't have a cargo net in it. Is the cargo net a standard accessory on the Limited?
You should have a cargo net. Did you check the lower pocket of the passenger side front door? That is where mine was and still is. :)

Peter

Thanks, Peter...I'm hoping to pick up the Ex next Friday, so I'll definitely check for sure!

You should have a cargo net. Did you check the lower pocket of the passenger side front door? That is where mine was and still is. :)

Peter

I don't think my limited came with a cargo net. I didn't even think about that until I read this thread. I looked in my Explorer and I didn't see one anywhere.

I don't think my limited came with a cargo net. I didn't even think about that until I read this thread. I looked in my Explorer and I didn't see one anywhere.
The cargo net is standard equipment on the Limited. Maybe a visit to the dealer is in order if you want it.

Peter

The cargo net is standard equipment on the Limited. Maybe a visit to the dealer is in order if you want it.

Peter

I bought the cargo organizer from Ford Accessories, which works great. If I remember, I'll ask about it next time I take the Explorer in for service. I'm not too concerned with not having the cargo net.

...I noticed that my Ex doesn't have a cargo net in it. Is the cargo net a standard accessory on the Limited?
phreaky_d & boltsfan17,

I confirmed in each of the 2011MY, 2012MY, and 2013MY Explorer Order Guides: Like Peter mentioned, the cargo net comes standard with the Limited. :)

The cargo net is standard equipment on the Limited. Maybe a visit to the dealer is in order if you want it...
You’re on top of this one, Peter. :D

Cory

phreaky_d & boltsfan17,

I confirmed in each of the 2011MY, 2012MY, and 2013MY Explorer Order Guides: Like Peter mentioned, the cargo net comes standard with the Limited. :)

You’re on top of this one, Peter. :D

Cory
Happy to help out Cory. It's not like I have anything else to do. Like running around all day in my Explorer. :D

Peter

Yes, sometimes they place them in a bag under the spare tire floor access.

My net was in the pocket of the right front door in a plastic bag.

Since that is also where mine was, I would expect that that is likely where they are put as it goes down the asssembly line.

Peter

Happy to help out Cory. It's not like I have anything else to do. Like running around all day in my Explorer. :D...
Peter,

I sometimes think you roam around in your Explorer prowling for free Wi-Fi hotspots to post here. ;) LOL JK

I’m sure it’s because you love your ride. This “I <3 Ford” badge will suit you just fine :):

http://Social.Ford.com/grab-a-badge/I+<3+Ford

Yes, sometimes they place them in a bag under the spare tire floor access.
Spengracin & RonJrSVCMGR,

Thanks a bunch for helping out, guys; there’s no doubt what makes this board great!

Cory

I assume my cargo net was maybe taken out from the dealership and never put back in. My Explorer was a dealer trade, so I would guess the dealership in Los Angeles forgot to put it in when they sent the Explorer up to the dealership here.

My second theory is maybe the cargo net fairy took it from me one night :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back