MFT Update - Now More Problems

Frustrated

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer
I am starting a new thread, but this kind of has roots over at:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2984107#post2984107

Rebecca,

You helped at the thread above getting that annoying 911 Assist Reminder turned off.

A day later we experienced a brief message on the screen, in yellow, about the 911 assist being off - too brief to read - followed by a black screen of death.

We could see the "header" and "footer" of the screen but everything in between was black.

I could change radio stations via the controls on the steering wheel and that little screen on the instrument panel but quite frankly I find that dangerous.

The only fix was to shut the car off and restart; hardly acceptable when on the interstate for an extended period of time.

2nd problem:

My wife's phone is connected via bluetooth, the only phone we have connected. I was driving and her phone rang. The phone panel popped up on the MFT but there was no way for her to answer it.

It appears I could have answered via the steering wheel controls and the instrument panel message, but that is unacceptable and - again, in my opinion - a potentially dangerous distraction for the driver (have you driven I-35 in Austin?).

She insists that before the update, she could answer via the large screen.

Help? (again, there seems to us to be no improvements of any kind with this update despite all the raving our Ford dealer did regarding this)

thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi, Frustrated!

There should be a box that pops up on the screen when you get an incoming call. It'll say:

"There is an incoming call from <insert name>. Would you like to accept this call?"

Then there will be an ACCEPT and REJECT soft button below the message. Is this not coming up for you? Because you're having overlay issues as well, I think a Master Reset will do your system well. You'll have to take out any SD cards or devices connected via USB before doing the Master Reset and pair your phone again. Here are the instructions:

MENU (Gears) > SETTINGS > SYSTEM > MASTER RESET

Please let me know how it goes!

Rebecca

The 911 assist message we have to turn off via this method about every 1 to 2 weeks. It apparently just does not approve of our preference and turns itself back on.

The 911 assist message we have to turn off via this method about every 1 to 2 weeks. It apparently just does not approve of our preference and turns itself back on.

Is the system keeping your phone paired, and are any other settings changing?

Rebecca

Haven't noticed any settings changing other than that and yes, the phone (it's the only one) is staying paired.

Is the system keeping your phones paired, and are any other settings changing?

Rebecca

Haven't noticed any settings changing other than that and yes, the phone (it's the only one) is staying paired.

I haven't heard of this happening, so I'll send this to my support and let you know what I find out.

Rebecca

Just happened again today, didn't even make it a week.

thanks

I haven't heard of this happening, so I'll send this to my support and let you know what I find out.

Rebecca

It happens to me also. I can turn off the 911 message in the settings and about a week later it comes back on.My wife doesn't want to be reminded that it's turned off either. Just annoying is all it is. I have no problems with MFT like reboots,color changes,being slow, or lockups. I have 2 different phones that we pair to MFT - An old Nokia Fold 3710 and a Galaxy Mini. The Nokia never a problem staying connected to MFT. The Galaxy just never stays connected reliably.If the Galaxy disconnects and reconnects 5 times in 20 minutes,the 911 reminder message will also show up 5 times even with it set to not show.The 911 message will do it's thing no matter what phone is connected.
This has happened since the update this year.

Back