• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer Sport Ordered

kaelin

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
After months of test driving many SUVs and crossovers, I finally ordered one yesterday that I haven’t even driven yet.
Fell in love with the 3.5 Ecoboost after driving the Flex. Didn't like the Flex but I really liked the Explorer Limited I drove twice.

2013 Ruby Red Explorer Sport
Charcoal black and sienna interior
Equip group 402A
Dual panel Moonroof
2nd row buckets
Tow package
Adaptive Cruise

Now the real waiting begins.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

After months of test driving many SUVs and crossovers, I finally ordered one yesterday that I haven’t even driven yet.
Fell in love with the 3.5 Ecoboost after driving the Flex. Didn't like the Flex but I really liked the Explorer Limited I drove twice.

2013 Ruby Red Explorer Sport
Charcoal black and sienna interior
Equip group 402A
Dual panel Moonroof
2nd row buckets
Tow package
Adaptive Cruise

Now the real waiting begins.

Just making sure you understand that the second row buckets don't have any armrests and no center console. I feel Ford should make this more apparent when people order. Otherwise.. Congratz and welcome to the club!

Thanks 13Sport. I had a hard time deciding between the buckets and bench because of that. The kids are still in car and booster seats which have arm rests. They will be sitting there most of the time. I'm going to try to figure out a sturdy but removable aftermarket console or build something myself for those times when we may have adults sitting there on long trips.
In the end it came down to wanting to be able to haul something long without the need to fold down half a bench seat. Really wish the console was an option though. Or at least armrests on the buckets.

Most of the time my second and third rows are flat for the dogs, so I chose to go with the bench, I also like that the bench has the fold down center with the cup holders that can be used as an arm rest.

If I had got the limited I would have gone with buckets+console though

Still haven't seen my window sticker yet but my dealer just called tonight and told me delivery was scheduled for the week of Nov. 5th.

I orderered my white sport with charcoal interior but now I am considering changing to the sienna inserts. I can't seem to find enough pictures of the sienna to know if I will like them or not. Some of the pictures I've found I really like them, then other pictures they don't look as well. I hate paying this much money for something I can't see in person.

I orderered my white sport with charcoal interior but now I am considering changing to the sienna inserts. I can't seem to find enough pictures of the sienna to know if I will like them or not. Some of the pictures I've found I really like them, then other pictures they don't look as well. I hate paying this much money for something I can't see in person.

I feel the same way. I had a hard time deciding. I didn't really want an all black seat though so I ultimately took the chance. I should find out within a couple of weeks if I'm happy with my decision.

Back